3 X 3 = Immortal
“Someone said at a press conference last year that if I win these three gold medals, I will be immortal. And I kind of liked it. So I’m going to run with that: immortal. … I am trying to be one of the greatest, to be among Ali and Pelé. I’m just waiting until after the Olympics, to see what the media have to say, all the media, to see if they will put me in that bracket. … I have shown the world that I am the greatest. That’s what I came here for and that’s what I’ve done. So that’s why this is my last Olympics.”
– Usain Bolt speaking last night after cementing his legendary status by completing the “triple triple” with his ninth Olympic gold medal over three Olympic Games.
- Final Scores: Check Your Running Warehouse Rio Prediction Contest Scores
- Ayana goes home DEVASTATED!
- Did anyone else tear up as Bolt pulled away from the field on that final leg?
- USA 4x100 DQ'd
- Drama in the men's 50k race walk - Leader defecates all over himself, collapses but gets up to finish
- Sandy Morris robbed?
- Brazil extors $11k from US swimmer and nobody cares?
- Gatlin very classy for a guy that found out on live TV that his team got DQd.