Quote Of The Day
“To be quite frank, it was stupid. We got up about nine on Monday to go running, and after about a mile of running, we saw some health officials on the road. They stopped us, saying that there is a rule in place stating that only one athlete could train at a time. We went to the police station, they took our names and put us in a holding cell for about seven hours. After a while of detainment, they brought in some high-ranking government officials and they explained why they don’t want us to be running in pairs or big groups because our droplets would be falling all over the place. They told us how they were giving us a second chance and then warned us from doing it again. … There was no official communication but here we are being detained. They should be in a position to educate the people first and then enforce the rules, and that was not done. Also, there were about 40-50 people walking through the police station in close proximity of each other with no masks and no gloves, and they’re telling us that we’re doing something wrong. They’re probably transferring the virus more than us. I was trying to figure out what’s the big deal with just two athletes running together when they have a bunch of people congregating everyday. I just figured that they’re making a big fiasco out of nothing.”
– Bahamian marathon national record holder O’Neil Williams talking about getting detained in Kenya for breaking coronavirus social distancing regulations by running with his training partner.
- When things open up later this month races still won't happen for a VERY long time so doing workouts is stupid
- love high mileage but I don’t improve much more than lower mileage from it
- WFH running with my wife
- A not close friend has terrible body odor every time l have seen him recently should I tell him
- What would have to happen for US to declare war on China?
- Married Couple Dies Six Minutes Apart from COVID-19
- I'm an unemployed 30-yr old w/ a PhD in Political; can I join military?
- STOP with VIRTUAL RACES
- Cross Country 2020???
- Wilson Kipsang ARRESTED for breaking COVID19 curfew
- Is this the end of the cruise ship industry?
- How can Boston Offer Full Refunds, but every other race cannot?