Quote Of The Day
“Respect, yes; fear, no. What Eliud has achieved over the past years is phenomenal. I am talking mostly about all his victories and less about this Breaking 2 hours project in Monza. His time of 2:00:25 is impressive, but I believe that the entire setting from the flat loop course to the alternating pacemakers to the refreshments probably made a difference of about two minutes. Alone when you have to pick up your own drinks, you lose half a minute. If I had the same assistance, I believe I could achieve a time like that as well.”
– Wilson Kipsang talking about Eliud Kipchoge and his accomplishments ahead of their showdown at Sunday’s Berlin Marathon.
- Unreal: Former 2012 Olympic champ Asli Cakir Alptekin gets popped for drugs for 3rd time - Banned for life
- Give her another WR - No woman had ever broken 50 flat for 10 miles but it looks like Joyceline Jepkosgei ran 49:05
- You know, they might NOT break the World Record on Sunday...
- Once A Runner, Now A Depressed Pathetic Manic...LR Help ME Get Back Into Running
- Puerto Rico gets hit hard, how does an entire island lose power for 4 months
- Kipchoge Training in detail (link)
- What is the female version of a "man cave"?
- How many people broke 4 minute mile in 1954, 1955 and 1956? NY Times article cites book that says more than 300 did