Quote Of The Day
“I went up to Cairns and was at a party. This was when I first met my fiancée, Katy. …. She asked me what I was doing and my motivation for competing in the sport. She asked me why I wanted to be an Olympian and how do you become an Olympic medalist. I wanted to answer, but I couldn’t. She then said, ‘Of course, everybody wants to win a medal.’ Her comments got me thinking – I was nothing more, at the time, than an Olympic dream chaser. I would sort of turn up and hoped it would happen. I wanted to achieve these goals but I wasn’t prepared to make the sacrifices that went with it. I took a hard look at myself. I needed to cut out the parties and the social life. If I wanted to be the best in the world, I had to want it more than anybody else.”
– Australia’s Olympic bronze medalist racewalker Dane Bird-Smith telling the story of how a conversation with his future fiancée in 2012 inspired him to put in the work over four years to medal in Rio.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Lagat calls out Sam Chalenga on Twitter
- Lagat calls out Sam Chalenga on Twitter
- Prague 1/2 predictions? Rupp ftw?
- How are you "wasting water" when you leave your faucet running?
- Where is the Gender equality in the Boston Qualifying times?
- BREAKING: Kamchatka (volcano, Russia) erupts for first time in almost 250 years
- Famous songs most people assume as originals but were actually covers
- A question for the Letsrun oldtimers -- did Oreos taste any different pre-1997 (made w/ lard) or '97-'06 than today?