Happy Father's Day
“For 60 years I’d assumed that I’d chosen my surrogate (father Bill Bowerman) all by myself, or else that a wise fate had intervened. Reading those letters, I saw that my father had consciously and deliberately passed the baton to Bowerman, who graciously and carefully accepted.”
– Nike founder Phil Knight writing in a column entitled “My Fill-In Father” in the New York Times on Father’s Day. Knight really bonded with Bowerman and not so much his emotionless own father but recently found out that his dad had written Bowerman (whom he knew as they both attended Oregon together) letters about his son before Knight enrolled in Oregon.
- COLBY ALEXANDER RUNS 3:36.26 AT PRINCETON
- Allie O in Mt Marathon?
- How much money should the parents of that boy who was eaten by a gator get from Disney?
- If Lebron gets injured, does Nike void his contract?
- So on the same weekend, Brooks, adidas, and New Balance all threw HS track meets? Good or bad for the sport?
- Do you hate Trump? Do you hate Hillary? Should LRC formally endorse this man for Pres?
- Sub-8 Baby!! Ed Whitlock becomes first 85 yr old to break-8 in mile - Crushes it and runs 7:18!!
- 12 year old Grace Ping (7th grader) runs 16:44.80 at NB Nationals - New age group WR