Quote Of The Day
“The IOC was shocked by what we saw in Doha in very similar conditions in terms of temperature and humidity to what’s expected here in Tokyo. We didn’t want Tokyo to be remembered for similar images as you will have seen in Doha in the marathon and in the race-walking events. …We are aware of the disappointment of the people of Tokyo. But since we always keep the health of the athletes first in our minds, we have made our decision.”
– IOC official John Coates confirming that the IOC’s decision to move the 2020 Olympic marathon and race walks north to Sapporo was final. This despite local officials proposing to run the events at 3AM to avoid the heat.
- Pete Julian Coached Athletes Will Stick Together in New Training Group -- Ken Goe
- What career can I begin aged 38?
- Does a professional American distance runner make enough money in their career to retire off?
- Simon Biles is supposedly the world's greatest female athlete yet she can't even throw a baseball?
- Turbo Tumo Died... Interesting Marathon Runner from the mid 90's
- High school athlete disqualified at cross-country meet for wearing hijab
- Many Staten Islanders are irate that a Manhattanite will run for them in Foot Locker 5-Borough NYC Challenge
- Texas Judge Rules Father Cannot Stop Mother from Transitioning 7 Yr Old Son into a Girl
- Anyone else bored with life?