- Richard Ringer Late Charge Seals Triumphant Marathon Gold For Germany Israel's Maru Teferi looked to have the race won, but a sprint finish by Ringer won him the race in 2:10:21, just two seconds ahead of Teferi. Poland’s Aleksandra Lisowska won the women's race in 2:28:36, six seconds ahead of Croatia's Matea Parlov Kostro. *2nd article
- Turkey’s Yasemin Can Regains Her European 10,000m Title With Masterful Surge To Beat Out GB's Eilish McColgan Can ran 30:32.57 to McColgan's 30:41.05.
*The Telegraph: "Eilish McColgan Continues Memorable Summer With Euro Champs Silver" McColgan fended off a challenge from Lonah Salpeter to add silver to the gold and silver she won at the Commonwealth Games.
- Irish 1500m Runner Ciara Mageean Says She's In The "Shape Of [Her] Life" And That "Nobody Is Unbeatable" And That Includes Laura Muir Mageean also talks about getting covid in June and how it made her have three periods in one month (something she says the vaccine booster did to her as well).
- The Telegraph: "Olympic Champ Marcell Jacobs Sets Sights On 100m European Title With Point To Prove"
- Simon Ehammer In Early Command Of Decathlon After 8.31m Long Jump
*World Decathlon Champ Kevin Mayer Pulls Out Of Euro Champs After Just One Event His right ankle was heavily wrapped and he pulled up towards the end of his 100m heat finishing 7th in 11.67.
- Athletics Weekly European Champs Men's Preview
- Athletics Weekly European Champs Women's Preview