Quote Of The Day
“We take incredible pride in this. It’s all for the runners, regardless of what level. This is where I’m a real pain for some race directors. I put the same amount of energy and detail into measuring every event, whether it’s a local 5K or an Olympic marathon. … I love what I do. There are few things as rewarding for me. Athletes give so much at any level, especially the world-class level, and we as officials, as surveyors, have to work just as hard for them.”
– Elite course measurer David Katz talking about the painstaking effort that goes into making sure road race distances are accurate. Katz has measured more than a thousand courses over the past 40 years, including four Olympic Games, and he was one of the experts called in to remeasure the short 1981 NYC marathon where Alberto Salazar‘s world record was expunged.
- Rupps for Gold????
- Ever go back and run your high school XC home course for Fun????
- Pro Contract Signings
- 10 x 400m in 5:57min/mile pace, 400m jog rec. How fast is this kid's 5K?
- How long does it take to learn how to type?
- Outkicked dad while his kids cheered him on... Should I have let him win?
- Where is Duane Solomon?
- Should women run 10K like the men in NCAA Cross Country?