Quote Of The Day
“We didn’t have to buy champagne, because as soon as the bars we went into found out I was there, they would give us a free bottle of French champagne. I had to go to the adidas France headquarters the next morning for a business appointment and for a press conference. I was so hung over that I got to the hotel and the adidas rep at the time was so understanding, he looked at me and said, ‘You didn’t sleep last night, did you?’ I said, ‘Nope.’ He said, ‘I tell you what. You go lay down. I’ll give you two hours to nap – we’ll stall the press conference.’ Well all this media was there in that room. And when he told them I had got drunk on French champagne that night, they all started clapping. They all went out for coffee and they came back two hours later and there was not one complaint. The American media would have ripped me a new one for that.”
– Craig Virgin talking about how they let him delay the next morning press conference after he stayed out until 4am the night before celebrating his historic victory at the 1980 World Cross-Country Championships.
- Should I ditch easy runs - and run only tempos - until this Coronavirus business is over?
- New Jersey Meet of Champs is ONE FOR THE AGES!
- Coronavirus is inevitable so why the useless containment
- Dow Jones Futures Trading Halted and Oil Crashed to Under $30
- The Boston Marathon CAN NOT be cancelled because it's higher priority than other events
- Tuohy sets indoor 1500 PR with significant negative split
- Decathlon?! Easy! Two distance athletes combined to run 19 races over 3 days to lead their team to the NAIA title
- Nick Symmonds Speaks: How To Be A Better Runner