Quote Of The Day
“I hung up the [World silver] medal in my attic for a few weeks a few winters ago when I was injured. I’ve got an exercise bike in my attic. It was the middle of the winter and I was like ‘Yes, this will help.’ I put the medal up, looked at it, took inspiration, thought where I wanted to be again, and got back from injury.”
“It’s not hung up now. I put it back in its bag and it’s just on a shelf again in the attic. It’s kind of weird what athletes do with their medals. I’’s like what people say, ‘Don’t look at a photo, just try and remember it.’ It’s so much more than just the medal. It’s the whole process of doing it. Maybe when I retire it will be on show more.”
– GB’s 2011 World 1,500 silver medalist Hannah England talking about what she does with her medal and how she uses it for inspiration as she battles to get back to the top after years of injury.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 USA Indoor Day 1 Discussion Thread
- Has an Olympic Trials 4th placer ever paid a two-event top 3 finisher like $20,000 to not double at the Games?
- Dibaba tells Spanish media she'll run the 5000, not 1,500 at the Olympics but coach Aden tell SI that no decision has been made
- What is the most dangerous event in Track and Field?
- Boston Marathon Qualifying Standards Revisited???
- How does Oiselle and ElliptiGO stay in business???????
- ULTRA RUNNER experimenting with 220 miles per week
- Centro in WR Shape