Quote Of The Day
“Early in the fall semester, [Alexa Efraimson] struck up a conversation with a guy who wanted to know if she was a runner. When Efraimson said yes, he asked what her mile time was. ‘At the time, it was 4:32,’ Efraimson said … He gave her an incredulous look, and asked if she was sure. Maybe, he suggested, she meant 5:32. ‘I was like, ‘I’m pretty sure,” Efraimson said.”
– Excerpt from piece by Ken Goe on Alexa Efraimson ahead of the Prefontaine 1,500 on Saturday. Efraimson talks about trying to have a normal low profile freshman year at the University of Portland and her coach reveals that he thinks she could run a sub-4 1,500 “very soon.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Ostrava Golden Spike Live Thread: Bolt (2:55 pm ET) , Van Niekerk, Rudisha (2:05 pm) and Farah (10k 2:15 pm ET) all running.
- IOC Finds 23 Positives from 2012 London Olympics
- USATF & Max Siegel Continue Their Powergrab - This Time Against The Youth
- Discuss: 2016 Prefontaine 10,000
- 2016 NCAA West Regional Weather Chaos - What will they do?
- Two 3:50 marathoners charging $300 a month for "certified" coaching
- What could Sly Stallone run for the mile during his prime shape rocky days?
- Brandon Johnson did the 800 and 1500 last week in Rio - guess his 1500 time
- 5 Most Overrated Bands of All Time
- I ran 1.51 as a 20 year old. Now i cant break 2. WTF! how do i get back?