Quote Of The Day
“Right when I started working with (Caroline Rotich), one topic that we talked about was it would be nice to train with other people. Her first year she trained alone a lot. She would always talk about, and I would hear the other Africans talking about, harambee (pronounced huh-RAHM-bay). What makes the Kenyans good? Carol would say, ‘Harambee.’ I was like, ‘What’s that?’ She’s like, ‘Training together.’ It’s a Swahili term that in general means ‘together, as a team, we achieve more,’ and I was like, ‘Sweet, I like the word harambee, what a neat name for a group.’ That’s what we’re accomplishing. Whether there are Americans in this group or Ethiopians or Kenyans, we’ll call it the Harambee Project.”
– American coach Ryan Bolton talking in a LetsRun.com profile of him by Jonathan Gault. Bolton, who after finishing 12th at NCAA cross-country and went on to the Olympics in the triathlon, has returned to the sport he loves most, running, and had great success as a coach. He talks about how he once dreamed of running for Colorado and shares the key workout that let him know Caroline Rotich was ready to shock the world as a 22-1 long shot in Boston.
- Doha 800m - Asbel capable of something very, very Special...
- Mary Wittenberg Steps Down as President of New York Road Runners to Head Virgin Sport
- Bernard Lagat: how soon will he totally annihilate the distance ARs? (and RUPP?)
- R.I.P Marcus wheeler
- Will I go to hell for taking and old tombstone dated 1855 from an old abandoned cemetery?
- Why the push to get Andrew Jackson off the $20???