Quote Of The Day
“I just finished the 4 x 100m final in front of my home fans and in this very moment I, and the rest of the team, were unsure as whether I’d won gold. To be honest, I didn’t know what to do with my hands and I think I was biting the baton out of nerves. I was feeling a whole range of emotions, a lot of adrenaline and also a little anxiety. … For what seemed like an eternity I waited on the result and when I saw it flash up (Great Britain set a new national record of 37.47 to win by 0.05 from the US) it seemed such an overwhelming experience. I’m a big fan of Arsenal (Premier League football team) and I felt like Thierry Henry scoring a match-winning goal. I felt super-human.”
– GB Sprinter Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake explaining the post-race photo of him biting the baton after the 2017 World Champs 4 x 100 where Britain won a surprise gold in a new national record.
- Stacked field for Pre Classic 2-mile...
- New IAAF document with names of dopers (from 2015) set to be released?
- Is Daniel Komen's 3000m world record insurmountable?
- Owning a house versus renting: the math seems unbelievable, makes me skeptical
- WCAP Officially a Joke: Shadrack Kipchirchir Parts With U.S. Army WCAP, Signs With Nike
- Sydney Who? Gabrielle Thomas (Harvard) runs epic 49.44 4x400 split at Heps (with video)
- RUPP IS OFFICIALLY A 2:06 GUY
- Transgender in D3 Conference swings tight meet, Fair Play controversy renewed. Thoughts?
- I am not shopping at Whole Foods any more ?
- I hate homeless people confronting me for money