Quote Of The Day
“It’s so sad, everyone was trying their best, though. I really think you can’t point fingers and it’s really easy from the outside to kick Alberto under the bus. People make mistakes. He could have handled it at times differently. He really was doing his best. He wasn’t trying to cause any of the problems that she described. I sympathize with both sides. … Alberto, if you ask me is he obsessed about weight? Yes, but he’s obsessed about everything. He wanted to cut my hair [to reduce drag], he wanted me to wear a wetsuit in the Boston Marathon. It’s just every little detail is covered and weight happens to be one of those things. … He’s told me, ‘You don’t need to be this lean all year. I’d like you to go back up.’ We’ve had discussions. I think when you’re older and more experienced, you can speak up. It’s hard when she’s so young and still growing. It was just the whole situation wasn’t the right fit, unfortunately.”
– Jordan Hasay talking about Mary Cain‘s allegations against Alberto Salazar and his obsession with weight.
- Just ran the NCAA course in Terre Haute — a couple observations
- How would the top 7 HS runners fare at big boy nattyś?
- A good video with Gwen Jorgensen. Uplifting and yet raw, brutal honesty.
- how slow do elite runners do their recovery sessions..?
- Looking to retire to Midwest uni/college town
- Things not to do/wear if you don't want to look like a schlub in the office - my top 3
- NCAA Banquet Photos Up
- When is Jim Walmsley going to actually start preparing for the Olympic Trials?
- Worth running for NAU?
- Sondre Moen will go for Mo Farah's European Record at the Valencia Marathon on Dec, 1st, aiming for a sub 2:05!! (?)