2013 USA Outdoor Champs *Results *Schedule *TV/Internet Stream Info *LRC Video Interviews *LRC Women's Previews: 800, 1,500, Steeple, 5,000 *LRC Men's Previews: 800, 1,500, Steeple, 5,000 *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest - Change Your Picks *Check Your Scores *LRC Thursday Photos *LRC Friday Photos
Saturday Sprints/Field: Brianna Rollins Breaks Gail Devers' American Record, Lolo Jones Goes Home As 3 Women's American Records Set Rollins was just .05 off the world record. Michelle Carter broke the American record in the shot put and Amanda Bingson got the hammer on Day 3.
- HJ: Brigetta Barrett Sets World Best 2.04 But Does Not Attempt American Record In HJ
- LaShawn Merritt Wins 400m, Michael Tinsley Gets 400m Hurdles
- Illness Keeps New Pro Kori Carter Out Of Hurdles Semis Ato Boldon said she was a gold medal threat.
- Tyson Gay Wins His 200m Heat At USATFs
Saturday Non-USAs *US Half Results
- Kenyan Champs: Geoffrey Mutai Wins 10,000m At Kenyan Champs, May Run It At Worlds IAAF It was also announced Abel Kirui and Wilson Kipsang will not run the Worlds marathon. The Kenyan Champs are separate from the Kenyan Trials next month for Worlds.
- US Half Champs: Mo Trafeh Over Meb Keflezighi, Adriana Nelson Over Desi Davila Meb and Desi continue to take positive steps coming back from injury. $12,000 for the winners. More on Nelson's first USA title here.
- Euro Team Champs: Farah 50.89 Last Lap In A 14:10 5k
- Dai Greene Upset At European Team Champs
- T&T: Kelly-Ann Baptiste Runs 10.83 At T&T Champs
Gay Is Back: 5 Years Since Last Crown, He Wins USATF 100m Crown Over Gatlin In 9.75 Gay overcame a bad start to defeat Justin Gatlin in a quick 9.75. Nice read by SI's Tim Layden. *Race Video
LRC Friday Photos
- Lolo Jones Runs 12.50 Stadium Record In Semis, Brianna Rollins Runs Wind-Aided 12.33 She also talks about the half empty stadium.
- Former Oregon Ducks English Gardner Runs World-Leading 10.85 Too Win USATFs *Race Video
- Mixed Reviews From Sprinters On Running Into Mat At End Of 100m
- Ashton Eaton Taking It Easy In Decathlon As He Has Tendinitis *Video Highlights Of Eaton
- Iowan AJ Kruger Wins Hammer
- Mary Cain An Effervescent 17-Year-Old
Non USAs/Bolt News
- Usain Bolt Wins Jamaican Champs In 9.94 Into Wind, Asafa Powell Fails To Qualify
- *Jamaican Trials Results *Jamaican Trials Photos
- Dayron Robles Will Not Run Worlds As Dispute With Cuban Federation Continues
- Brits At Euro Team Champs This Weekend
- Lemaitre: "It's about my speed, not my skin colour."
- Former World Record Holder In Decathlon, Roman Sebrle, Retires
Day 1 USA Coverage
For The Thumb: Galen Rupp Gets His 5th Consecutive US 10k Title After Ritz Shakes Up Race A resurgent Dathan Ritzenhein said he believed he was going to win the 10,000m title on Thursday night, but Galen Rupp tossed those beliefs aside as he won his 5th straight USATF title as Chris Derrick got third. Recap, results, analysis and post-race video interviews.
*RRW *Full Race Video
Ritz: "I really believed I was going to win the race ..." He talks about getting faster, being better than Rupp and Farah at the longer stuff and the sub-27 bucket list.
LRC Thursday Photos (link fixed)
Jordan Hasay Joins Nike Oregon Project
Al Sal will be coaching her.
LRC Women's 1,500: Does Mary Cain Make It To Moscow? What About Past Champions Uceny, Rowbury Or Moser? Picking the first two is easy. The question is who wins, and who gets third?
*South Bend Tribune: No longer the miler to beat - Uceny battling to return to elite form
*Competitor.com Profile Of 2-Time Cancer Survivor: Gabriele Anderson Continues Beating The Odds
*After Not Setting A 1,500 PR For 7 Years, Treniere Moser Is Having A Breakthrough Year After Switching Coaches To Alberto Salazar
LRC Women's Steeplechase Preview: With Defending Champ Emma Coburn Out, Moscow Spots Are There For The Taking Picking the first two is easy. The question is who wins, and who gets third?
*Star Tribune: Minnesota Steeplechaser Jamie Cheever Aims For Spot In World Championships With Coburn injured, Cheever has the top seed after her big 22-second PR (9:29) at Stanford earlier this year.
*Carrie Tollefson Interview With Cheever
LRC Women's 800 Preview: Montaño, Martinez And Then Who? Picking the first two is easy. The question is who wins, and who gets third?
*RRW: With Help From Coach Joe Vigil, Brenda Martinez Confident Going Into USA Championships
Veronica Campbell-Brown Updates
- Inside Source Says VCB Drug Issue Has Been "Overblown" And She Could Just Receive A 3-Month Ban Or Even A Public Reprimand The source said, "No serious drugs were involved, no PEDs were involved, that's all I will say." However, the articles goes on to mention that diuretics are a possible masking agent for the use of steroids.
- President Of Jamaica Olympic Association Mike Fennell Pleads With Public And Media To Not "Jump The Gun" Over The Veronica Campbell-Brown Drug Test "There is no question that news like this, if not properly controlled, can be very damaging to Jamaica ... Let us not jump to final conclusions before we have gone through the process and know exactly what the facts are."
- Because The Idea They Would Intentionally Dope Is Just Crazy: Glen Mills (Usain Bolt's Coach) Says The Government Needs To Establish An Anti-Doping Lab In Jamaica To Protect Its World-Class Athletes From Taking Contaminated Substances Talking about VCB, he said, "It just re-emphasises the need for all involved to be extremely vigilant ... It's a minefield
out there. Any substance that you take up could be contaminated."
*MB: Wallace Spearmon backing VCB - "She wouldn't do anything like that."
VCB's "B" Sample Test Positive For Diuretic The Jamaica Gleaner is reporting Veronica Campbell-Brown's "B" sample came back positive as well for a diuretic. The drug is supposedly Lasix, which is also given to horses.
*VCB Through The Years In Pictures
On The Boards: "B" Sample Positive
The 2013 NCAA Championships *Live Results *Heat Sheets *LRC Post-Race Interviews *LRC Day 4 Photos *LRC Day 3 Photos *LRC Day 2 Photos *LRC Day 1 Photos *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest Scores
LRC Men's 1,500: Oregon's Mac Fleet Kicks To Victory To Delight Of Hometown Crowd Fleet was third at PAC-12s but first at
NCAAs as he provided the in-stadium highlight of the 2013 NCAA champs while the crowd went nuts. 4:21 HSer Zach Perkins of Air Force was the runner-up as a
true soph. We recap that plus post-race shoving shenanigans.
*Oregonian: Duck men 4th, but Mac Fleet's 1,500 victory reverberates Fleet is full of praise for coach Andy Powell. "(He) believed in me, I think, more than anyone, that I'd be able to bounce back. Without Andy, I don't think I'm here (with a title)."
*Recommended Watch: Texas' Patrick McGregor Was "Having The Race Of His Life Until 100 To Go" When He Fell To The Track
*MB: MAC FLEET FTW
*MB: Riley Masters Blames McGregor
*MB: NCAA Men's 1500m Live Updates
LRC Men's 5,000: Lawi Lalang Defeats Two Fresh Sub-13:20 Guys To Complete The 10k/5k Double Paul Chelimo and Diego Estrada were a very respectable 2nd and 3rd.
*MB: Lawi Doubles 13:35 FTW
*MB: LAWI vs. ESTRADA vs. JENKINS
*MB: Who exactly are the best in their events to never win an NCAA title?
Team Competition: Wild 4 X 400 Finish Results In Texas A&M And Florida Sharing NCAA Team Championship With 53 Points Texas A&M's powerhouse 4 x 400 team dropped the stick and only scored a single point as Florida won the event to miraculously tie A&M. Amazingly, in the year 2013, there is no tiebreaker. Arkansas was 3rd (46.5) and Oregon 4th (44).
*Texas A&M's Men Feel The Aggie-Ny Of NCAA Track And Field Title Tie
*MB: Pat Henry leaving A&M for University of Texas?
*Mike Holloway Pleased With Tie: "There's the old saying (about ties), it's like kissing your sister. I love my sisters."
*MB: Why the hell is there not a tie breaker for the team Champion at NCAA Champs?!?!?!?!
*MB: WTF: Did Dwight Stones Just Screw Up the NCAA Team Title on ESPNU?
LRC Day 4 Photos
Greer Wins NCAA Title Number Two, Denies Cas Loxsom Of Coveted Title Number One The two seniors both wanted this one badly and were way better than everyone else in the field.
*MB: Elijah MF Greeeerrrr FTW! 2x NATIONAL CHAMPION - 2013 NCAA's
*MB: 800m final - why were the Penn State uniforms not matching?
*R-G: "Elijah Greer closed out his Oregon career by accomplishing what everyone expected when he arrived."
LRC Steeple: Anthony Rotich Wins As Henry Lelei Goes Down On The Final Water Barrier The Kenyans up front ran super-fast as Rotich came into NCAAs with an 8:37 PR but left with an 8:21 IAAF "A" standard. Former US junior champ Curtis Carr of BYU got top American honors.
*MB: Henry Lelei false started
LRC Day 3 Photos
Day 2 Coverage
LRC 2013 NCAA Men's 10,000: Lawi Lalang Halfway Home To The Double The Arizona junior made it look easy
took home the 10,000 crown on day 2 of NCAAs. Full of confidence afterwards, he told us he's not worried about anyone in the 5,000 even though there are two other sub-13:20 guys.
LRC 2013 NCAA 1,500-Meter Semifinal Recaps: Undefeated Pat Casey Squeaks Into Final In the women's action Oklahoma State's and Natalja Piliusina emerged as the favorite.
*MB: Pat Casey - Say It Ain't So....
2013 Pre Classic *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
Friday Night: Women's 800: LRC Phoebe Wright Gets The Win, Ajee Wilson's Winning Streak Comes To An End And Gabrielle Anderson PRs Wright ran 2:00.85 as Wilson was 3rd (2:01.24).
Friday Night: RRW/LRC Rabbits Falter, Kenenisa Bekele Outkicks Merga For 27:12 Win The 13:18 first 5k never materialized. In the end, Bekele was better than everyone else over the last 200 but he's got some work to do to scare Mo Farah.
Men's International Mile: LRC James Magut Wins, No HS Sub-4 As Will Leer Gets Top American Honors, As Andrew Wheating Runs "Scared" It was a little windy and the times disappointed, but the post-race interviews with Leer, Wheating and Montoya certainly didn't as they were full of insight.
Men's National 1,500: LRC Men's National 1,500: Garrett Heath Wins, Chris Solinsky's Lacking Speed And Alan Webb Struggles But Is Happy Garrett Heath got the win, but our focus in what was basically the "C" heat was firmly on the two Olympians and American record holders (one former, one current) in Webb and Solinsky. Neither ran fast. Webb was next-to-last in 3:45, but even more stunning than that time was the fact that the famously impatient Webb, who is on his fourth coach in four years, was very upbeat afterwards. *Alan Webb Interview
Lance Armstrong In The News
- Interesting: USA Today Prints Ongoing Text Conversation Between Lance Armstrong And Betsy Andreu That Show Armstrong Avoiding Meeting Up To Apologize
- Nike Cuts Ties With LiveStrong Foundation
2 Reviews & 1 Book Excerpt From John McDonnell: The Most Successful NCAA Coach In History
LRC Book Review By Former Hog Marlon Boykins: "Two Thumbs Up:"
book is full of insight into the hard-working, team-first ethos that
made us such a successful." We had two people review the book, including the 1:47 man Boykins, who was at Arkansas at the pinnacle of its heyday. "It was a self-contained UBER-COMPETITIVE atmosphere ... the sprinters, jumpers and distance guys all trying to show which group reigned supreme ..."
Book Excerpt The Legendary Story Of The 1989 Penn Relays DMR, Where 4 Kids From Arkansas, Texas And Missouri Beat 4 African Olympians And The Olympic 1,500m Champ The 1989 Mount St. Mary's Penn Relays DMR team featured 4 African Olympians, including 1988 Olympic 1,500m champ Peter Rono. John McDonnell's Arkansas squad featured 4 kids from Texas, Missouri and Arkansas. A legendary motivational speech by McDonnell and Joe Falcon on the anchor made for one of the great upsets in Penn Relays history. Read all about it in this excerpt from the new John McDonnell biography.
LRC Review #2 John McDonnell D2 Coach Torrey Olson We had Olson, who has an MFA in creative writing, give his take. "It's got a lot to offer anyone interested in an incredibly sustained passion for the both the sport and the profession."
LRC Mary Cain's Going To Worlds: Treniere Moser Just Edges High School Star Mary Cain
link updated 17-year-old Cain nearly won the race, but was passed by training partner Treniere
in the final meters. Shannon Rowbury and Morgan Uceny both failed to make Worlds.
More Cain: SI's Tim Layden On 17-Year-Old Mary Cain Booking Moscow Trip And 21-Year-Old Brianna Rollins Crushing Gail Devers' American Record Cain had veins of ice on the track but the pressure started to get to Cain between the prelims and finals off the track as she called her mom and cried and then called coach Alberto Salazar Saturday morning freaking out.
*Oregonian On Moser And Cain *RRW
LRC Medal Threats Centro And Leo Go One-Two link updated Matt Centrowitz held off Leo Manzano, and Lopez Lomong was third as an emotional Andrew Wheating was DFL. Recap, analysis, and post-race reaction/video.
LRC Four Years After Breaking Her Foot At World Trials, Nicole Bush Goes Wire-To-Wire In Steeple Ashley Higginson got 2nd for Coach Gags, and Shalaya Kipp picked the perfect time to have her best race of the year for 3rd. Bridget Franek struggled the last lap in the heat.
Saturday On The Boards:
- How does Manzano do it?
- Wheating 4:01.55
- Why was the women's 1500m so slow?
- No American Man has the "B" Standard in the 1500
- Matt Elliot just missed World's by .2 Lamong is lucky!!!
- Can Centro win worlds?
- No LOLO in Moscow
- BRIANNA ROLLINS AMERICAN RECORD!!
- USATF steeple womens final
2013 USA Outdoor Champs *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest - Change Your Picks *Check Your Scores In The Contest *Thursday Photos *Friday Photos
LRC Men's 800m Semifinals: Symmonds, Solomon, Johnson, Mulder, Jock ... The Favorites Advance To Set Up A Stellar Final Nick Symmonds goes for his 6th straight
USATF title on Sunday and
his hands full. OTB: Interesting comment by Nick Symmonds about David Rudisha after semifinal
LRC Women's 800: Alysia Montaño And Brenda Martinez Still Look Good; Maggie Vessey And Phoebe Wright Go Out Brenda Martinez showing some Joe Vigil strength with a negative-split sub-2:00 800m.
LRC Friday Photos
LRC 2013 USATF Men's Steeple Prelims, Jager, Leslie, Huling Impress Jager talked about the rest of his 2013 season, which will include only a steeple at Worlds.
RRW Day 2 Recap: All The Favorites In The Men's And Women's 800s And Men's Steeplechase Advance To Sunday's Finals
*RRW: Working Together, Brannon Kidder And Cas Loxsom Enjoy 800m Success Both went out today in the 800 semis.
LRC Men's 5,000 Preview: Galen Rupp, Bernard Lagat And Then Who? Lopez Lomong would appear to be the guy - assuming doubling back from the 1,500 isn't a problem.
LRC Women's 5,000 Preview: Last Year's Race Was Truly Epic; Let's Hope for An Encore Shalane Flanagan, Jenny Barringer, and Molly Huddle. It doesn't get better than that.
Friday on the Boards
- USAs Friday OTB: NO ONE IS GOING TO MENTION GAY'S 9.75 IN THE SEMIS? He also ran a wind-legal 9.75 to win the final.
- Worst camera angle of the 100 meter dash I have ever seen
- Men and Women's 800m final at USAs!!! Stackeddd!
- Could Brandon Johnson Break Symmonds Win Streak?
- Berry Berry DQd in 400. WOW!!!
- Great Day For Oregon Athletes
- Lolo Jones 12.50 Wind-Legal Stadium Record Brianna Rollins ran a wind-aided 12.33 about 5 minutes later, which would tie the AR.
Flanagan A True Champion, Jordan Hasay Impresses, Kara Goucher Wilts In Heat Flanagan dominated, Kara Goucher wilted in the heat, and new Alberto Salazar teammates Jordan Hasay and Tara Erdmann
finished 2nd and 3rd. Recap, results, post-race reaction. *RRW *Oregonian
LRC Non-Distance Surprises In The 400s: Sanya Richards-Ross In, Jeremy Wariner, Nellum Out On a positive note, 2012 Olympic champ Sanya Richards-Ross seems to finally be on the comeback trail from injury as she won her heat.
*Carmelita Jeter Pulls Out Of 100m With Quad Strain, Will Get Bye Into Worlds
*Tyson Gay, Justin Gatlin Cruise In 100m Qualifying
*IAAF Recap Of Thursday
LRC Thursday Photos
- USATFs Thursday Flash On The Boards: Flanagan (with the A), Hasay and Erdman
- Rupp, Derrick, Ritz or True - Which One Goes Home Devastated?
- TRUE GOES HOME DEVASTATED
- Robbie "MF" Andrews
- Ken Goe Reporting: Salazar will set up a 10k race to ensure Hasay and Erdmann get 10k Standards for WC's
- Just yesterday I thought Jordan Hasay should retire and now here she is today making her first Olympic team.
Non-USA News / Jamaican Trials
- Usain Bolt Runs 10.00, Asafa Powell Runs 10.02 At Day 1 Of Jamaican Trials
- Mario Sategna (Not Pat Henry) Named Coach Of Combined UT Program
- Sally Pearson To Return To Action This Month
- Janeth Jepkosgei To Still Focus On 800m This Year
Recommended Read: OTC's Marc Rowland Talks About The Prospects Of OTC's Athletes For 2013 USAs link fixed Nick Symmonds, Tyler Mulder, Hassan Mead, Julia Lucas. He's got you covered on everyone from Bridget Franek to Aisha Praught.
- LRC Men's 1,500: Centrowitz, Lomong, Manzano And Wheating - At Least One Of Them Is Going Home Very Unhappy What an interesting race. If things go according to form, one stud is left home. If Will Leer or Russell Brown have that day they have dreamed of, then two are left home.
*RW: Is Something Wrong With U.S. Milers? A Year After The US Gets It's First 1,500 Olympic Medal In Years, No One Has The "A" Standard Quotes from Centrowitz and Russell Brown; neither of whom are worried about the "A". They know who whoever finishes top 3 will get it in Europe.
*Russell Brown Moving From Eugene To NYC For Love
*MB: 2013 USA Men's 1,500: Who goes home devastated? Centrowitz, Lomong, Manzano or Wheating
LRC Men's Steeple: Evan Jager Will Win, But Who Gets Second And Third? Our only question about Jager is, "Does he break 8:00.00 this year?" We think we know who is getting second and third as the #3 seed has 6.5 seconds on #4.
- LRC Men's 800: What A Field! Even Olympic Finalists Nick Symmonds And Duane Solomon Have Reason To Be A Tiny Bit Nervous The men's 800 is full of talent. Is there another event at USATF that has 13 contenders for the Moscow spots? We'll tell you who the favorite is and break down the chances of wild card Robby Andrews.
- LRC Men's 10k Preview: Rupp, Derrick, Ritz Or True - Who Doesn't Go To Worlds? For the first time
(Galen Rupp, Chris Derrick, Ben True and Dathan Ritzenhein) will be running the USATF 10,000m all having run under 13:15 for 5,000m earlier in the year. Only three of them can go to Worlds. Who will be the odd man out?
*RRW: Aaron Braun To Take On Unusual 10-K Double - First USA 10k On Thursday, Then B.A.A. 10k On Sunday
*Profile For This Weekend's US Half Marathon Champs Abdi is racing for the $ as making the 10,000 team isn't realistic for him.
*Rupp Like To Kick Soccer Ball Around Before Practice *Pic
Men's 100: Olympian Ryan Bailey Scratches With A Hamstring Strain
800 Stars Making News
- David Rudisha's Knee Injury Happened While Jogging In Central Park - Surgery Not Needed
- Semenya's Agent: "She is recovering very well and practice is going well." Apparently Semenya had poorly done knee surgery at age 12 that is bothering her.
- South African Track President Says Caster Semenya Will Be Ready For World Champs
- And HJ: Anna Chicherova Credits Her Baby To Leading Her To 2011 And 2012 HJ Gold
- GB's Lisa Dobriskey Gets World Champs "A" In Poland With 4:04.81
- EA Talks To Great Britain Captain Shakes-Drayton Ahead Of This Weekend's Euro Team Championships Apparently there is a tradition where the winning team's captain is thrown into the steeple pit after the meet.
- Ireland's Euro XC Champ Fonnuala Britton Pulls Out Of Euro Team Champs With Chest Infection
- IAAF Profile On 16-Year-Old Brit Morgan Lake, Who Set A Girls Youth World Lead In The Heptathlon With 5725 Points At English Jr. Champs Her goal is to win the World Youth Champs this summer in the Ukraine.
- Marlou van Rhijn Becomes Fastest Female Leg Amputee In The 100 With 12.96 In Berlin She was already the WR hodler for double leg amputees, but now she's faster than all single leg amputees as well.
- Top Frenchmen Renaud Lavillenie, Christophe Lemaitre And Teddy Tamgho Highlight Fields For Monaco DL Meet July 19th
Sprint News: 51-Year-Old Ben Johnson Anchors Celebrity 4 X 100
- Disgraced Canadian Olympian Ben Johnson Anchors 4 X 100 Team To Victory At Toronto Meet At 51 Years Old Johnson was stripped of his 100 gold medal and WR after testing positive at the 1988 Olympics.
- Q&A With Johnson, Who Says He Ran The Race For Charity And Has No Plans On Running Any More Races
- Usain Bolt And Yohan Blake Will Split Wild Cards For World Champs With Bolt In The 200 And Blake In The 100 Jamaica had to choose between athletes since each country can only have one wild card per event. The defending World Champ as well as DL series winner gets an automatic bid, so Blake and Bolt both had the 100 and Bolt and Nickel Ashmeade both had the 200.
- Long Jump WR Holder Mike Powell Teaches Youth Class In Moscow He said that he thinks he can coach Bolt to jump 9 meters in the LJ, but he joked that Bolt might get injured as "he'd probably jump over the pit."
- Sally Pearson Will Compete At June 27th Ostrava Golden Spike Meet, Coming Back From Her Second Hamstring Injury Of The Year She and her coach say things are coming along nicely, but they did take notice of Brianna Rollins' 12.39 at the NCAAs last week.
The 2013 NCAA Championships - Women's Coverage *Live Results *Heat Sheets *LRC Post-Race Interviews *LRC Day 4 Photos *LRC Day 3 Photos *LRC Day 2 Photos *LRC Day 1 Photos *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest Scores
LRC Women's 1,500: Oklahoma State's Natalja Piliusina Weaves Her Way From Seventh To First In The Final
To Win Florida's Cory McGee ended up a well-deserved second in 4:13.94.
LRC Women's 3,000m Steeplechase: Emma Coburn Wins Her Second NCAA Steeple Title As Colleen Quigley Gets The "A" Coburn got the win here, but wasn't nearly as dominant as she usually is in an NCAA steeplechase, as FSU's Colleen Quigley finished only 2.85 seconds back after a fast last lap.
*Emma Coburn Signs With New Balance To Begin Her Professional Career She's decided not to hire an agent.
*2nd Coburn-NB article She'll stay in Boulder to continue to be coached by Mark Wetmore and be a volunteer assistant at CU. She said, "In all of my conversations with companies, I made it very clear that no matter what, I'm staying in Boulder. No one protested ..."
Team Competition (Kansas Wins, Oregon Denied The Triple Crown): Kansas Wins First Women's NCAA Title In School History Stanley Redwine's program has risen as the Jayhawks look to recapture the track and field glory they used to enjoy when it was a men's only program. Kansas won with 60 points to Texas A&M's 44 and Oregon's 43.
*Oregonian: Oregon Women Unravel, English Gardner shocks everyone and says she's going pro early All we can say is good luck getting a big deal from Nike. Of course, it might look bad for the Swoosh if the beloved Gardner signs with someone else.
*Oregonian: Tough finish for a UO program with higher aspirations
Jesse Squire Blogs: "Worst Announcing Ever" At 2013 NCAA Meet
Other Events: *Women's High Jump ... Brigetta Barrett Of Arizona Ends Career With Record Sixth HJ Title
*Brianna Rollins Runs 12.39 In 100H WOW is all we can say. Truly incredible.
LRC Day 4 Photos
Day 3 Coverage
LRC Women's 5,000: Abbey D'Agostino Repeats And Denies Jordan Hasay The Storybook Ending
somewhat surprisingly had the lead on the last lap and the Oregon crowd was going nuts until Abbey D battled back and won going away.
*MB: Abbey D wins Betsy 2nd, Jordan 3rd.
*MB: Abbey challenged by hasay, blows her away
LRC Women's 800: Natoya Goule Completes Undefeated Season and Pulls Five Others To Lifetime PRs Goule became the 4th-fastest collegian in history and just missed the coveted 2:00 barrier as Oregon's Laura Roesler had to settlle for runner-up honors.
- AP Day 3 Recap
- Register-Guard: It's A Magic Moment For English Gardner In The 100 As Her 10.96 Victory Leads Oregon's 32 Points On Friday To Make It A Title Race Our interview with Gardner is here.
- UO Coach Robert Johnson: "It's not over yet. I think we still have some battles to fight. But anytime you have that big of a deficit, you really have to get going. We have to find those points somewhere."
- Stanford's Kori Carter Wins 400H In A Collegiate Record Of 53.21 Seconds Last year she was dead last. Now she'll have a good shot at making the US Moscow team, but says she's being the "worst maids of honor of all-time" because US Champs are the same week as her sister's wedding.
- South Dakota's Bethany Buell Wins Pole Vault In 14-7 1/4, Tying The NCAA Meet Record
- Ashley Spencer Of Illinois Upsets Shaunae Miller Of Georgia To Win Women's 400 In 50.28
- Kansas' Lindsay Vollmer Upsets Arkasnas' Pre-Meet Favorite Makeba Alcide For Heptathlon Win
- San Diego's Shanieka Thomas Leaps 46-4 3/4 To Win TJ
LRC Betsy Saina Comes Through As Favorite And Wins 10k; Emma Bates Third Saina delivered as the favorite as she ran away from Aliphine Tuliamuk-Bolton on the last lap. Top American honors went to Boise State sophomore Emma Bates.