2011 Fukuoka Produces Compelling Drama *Photos *Top 10 Results
Josphat Ndambiri Wins In 2:07:36 Debut; Yuki Kawauchi 3rd In 2:09:57 In the most memorable Fukuoka since Sammy Wanjiru's debut in 2007, sub-27 man Josphat Ndambiri, the fastest Kenyan in Japan, lived up the hype in his marathon debut,
as he won comfortably and now people expect him to pursue Olympic glory in the spring overseas. But once again the story of the day in Japan
was the WILL of the amateur
Kawauchi, who yet again produced another supreme effort to take home to Japanese honors in 2:09:57 and end up in the medical tent. Alistair Cragg was a DNF and Andrew Lemoncello struggled with a hamstring problem and ran 2:24. MB: *2011
Fukuoka MB Thread *Yuki Kawauchi is a bada$$
*IAAF Recap Kawauchi talks about his new tactic of surging at the water stations and his plans to race the Tokyo Marathon in February.
*Alistair Cragg fails to finish in Japan Cragg, who was hoping to break John Treacy's 23-year old Irish record of 2:09:15 dropped out after the 25km mark after going through halfway in 1:03.29. The Irish Times wasn't nice to Cragg as they said he dropped out "as he has done far too often in the past, including a few high profile track races."
Don't Know Kawauchi? Well, he's a man who approaches races with the mindset of "Every time I run, it's with the mindset that if I die at this race it's OK." He made headlines by fainting at the finish of Tokyo this year. *Video Of Tokyo
*More: *13:59 5k, 29:02 10k Japanese AMATEUR Runs 2:08:37 At Tokyo Marathon And Passes Out *Kawauchi Appreciation Thread *Kawauchi hospitalised with heat exhaustion
Other Weekend Action
- Eritrea’s Kidane Tadese Upsets 2010 World XC Champ Joseph Ebuya To Win Spain XC Race Priscah Jepleting Cherono won the women's race.
- LCM Montferland 15k: Philip Langat And Abelbech Afework Win World Marathon Champions Abel Kirui and Edna Kiplaga were both in teh race, but came up short. Kirui finished a disappointing 8th and Kiplagat still coming back from injury finished 2nd.
- Yuki Iwai Wins Kumamoto Kosa 10-Miler In 47:08
- IAAF Recap Singapore Marathon Charles Kanyao wins men's race (2:14) and Irene Jerotich Kosgei wins for the women.
The LRC PUMA 55 - The 12 Days Of PUMA
Day #4: LRC The LRC Puma Faas 55 #4: Married Guys With Kids And A Guy Whose Wife Of 12 Years Left Him And Took The Kids Everyone knows the LRC man is an expert on women. Today we salute the
LRCers, married with kids,
who still are banging out high mileage weeks and even making the Olympic Marathon Trials. Plus we have some sympathy for a dude whose wife and kids left him and running is his refuge. You think you're worthy to put the PUMA Faas
shoes to the test? Enter the LRC PUMA Faas Challenge here.
Day 3: Winter Wonderland: South Dakota, A National Champion Coach, Valdez, Alaska, and TxRUNNERgirl Represent
Day 2: #6-10: A 27:31 10ker, A Marine Corps Marathon Champ, A Girl From Our Favorite High School, And A Guy Who Loves Asics
Day 1: LRC Introducing The LRC PUMA 55
RR: Looking Back: Sally Meyerhoff's Promising Path Cut Short Some very good quotes from her and her training log. Her family has started a foundation as tribute to her.
Pre-Race Fukuoka News
*Japanese Running News' Fukuoka Viewing Guide - Japanese 1,0000m All-Comers Record Holder Josphat Ndambiri Is Making His Debut In Fukuoka The guy is a stud who was 5th in the 10k in 2007 at WCs. In 2009, he was the first man to break 27:00 on Japanese soil and he accomplished the feat twice in 13 days. Recently, he beat World 10k champ Jeilan in Japan. He seems ready.
*IAAF Preview: 1st Of Three Japanese Olympic Qualifying Races Has Lots Of Interesting Sub-Plots Will amateur Yuki Kawauchi make the Olympic team? How will former NCAA star Alistair Cragg do in his marathon re-debut? (Cragg dropped out of his debut in Boston).
*Preview Of Sunday's Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore
Las Vegas Pre-Race News *Results Here
- 4PM Start & Falling Temperatures Present Extra Challenge For Runners, Organizers In Las Vegas We actually think falling temperatures are a great thing for the elites. The temps are ideal 50s at the start - 40s at the finish.
- Recommended Read Driven By Olympic Dreams, USA Athletes Are Flocking To Las Vegas Half This Weekend As It's The Last Good Chance To Make Marathon Trials
- 2:27 Marathoner & World Championships 5,000 Finalist Amy Hastings Is Running Vegas Hastings is on quite a roll in terms of running - let's hope it translates to the gambling tables. Hastings acts like teammate Morgan Uceny is doing her a big favor by driving her to Vegas; wouldn't everyone want to go to Vegas?
Show Me The Money
Matthew Centrowitz Explains His Decision To Leave Oregon Early To Turn Professional "I weighed
both ends of this. It took me a couple months to decide. ... I had to make the decision based on what would keep me progressing, and keep me hungry."
*Centro Jr. Turns Professional *Matthew Centrowitz Jr., World Championships bronze medallist, has given up his final year of track to run professionally. Financially, it seems like a no-brainer for the former Oregon Duck.
Discuss: Centro Jr Turns Pro
LRC Archives: Worlds: Men's 1,500m: Matt Centrowitz Closes In 51.6 To Get Bronze As Asbel Kiprop And Silas Kiplagat Get Gold And Silver
USATFs: Men's 1,500m Final: Matt Centrowitz Jr. Pulls Away From Bernard Lagat
Video: *Centro's 1,500m Bronze Race *Post Race Reaction/Interview
Turkey Day Action *Manchester Results *Silicon Valley
Manchester: Brian Olinger, Sally Kipyego Win 75th Manchester Road Race ZAP's Landon Peacock and Team USA Minnesota's Andrew Carlson were 2nd and 3rd.
*Local News Coverage www.courant.com
*MB: Brian Olinger, Sally Kipyego Win
Silicon Valley: David McNeill, Jackie Areson Win Silicon Valley Turkey Trot McNeill ran 13:33, Arizona redshirt Stephen Sambu was 2nd, Diego Estrada was 3rd only 3 days after NCAAs, Ritz was 5th (13:49). Race videos/photos posted here.
*Video Interviews With McNeill, Areson And Estrada
*MB: Ritz running 5K on Thanksgiving
Australia: Craig Mottram Runs A Comfortable 13:46 To Win Victorian Champs 5k
Sacramento: Stember Runs 19:30
*Adam Goucher Lists 10 Running Things To Be Thankful For
*10 Things To Be Thankful For In TrackTown USA
Some Interesting Science
*Science Of The Sport Examines Talent Vs. Training And Refutes The "10,000 Hour Rule" Says the "10,000 hour rule" is "nothing more than the realization of genetic potential."
*How Laziness Makes You A Better Runner Basically a study says your body tries to finds a stride/form that uses the least energy when running.
LRC Jason Vigilante Leaves The University Of Virginia Vigilante (the coach of Alan Webb and Robby Andrews), who rose to fame as the mid-d and distance coach at the University of Texas, has confirmed to LetsRun.com that he is no longer leading the Virginia program after three-plus years in Charlottesville. *Discuss: Vig out at UVA
2011 NCAAs Are History *Men's Results *Women's Results *Entire Race Video Replays
Men: LRC Wisconsin Badgers Take Control Early As Lawi Lalang Dominates Lawi Lalang waited until 5k before deciding it was time to crush the competition
once and for all, while #1 Wisconsin
showed no fear and put a stranglehold on the competition from the very beginning and held off a belated charge from Oklahoma State and a surprising Colorado team as the Cowboys tried to three-peat. American Chris Derrick took home individual runner-up honors to cap a brilliant career in style. *Discuss
More: Wisco #1: *Give 'em five: Badgers lay claim to program's fifth national title *Krause earns redemption as Badgers storm to fifth national title host.madison.com
OSU #2: *Dave Smith Calls Loss "Disappointing" - But Expected www.okstate.com
Colorado #3: *Wetmore Calls Medina Most Improved Runner In Country www.denverpost.com *CU Coach Mark Wetmore Pleased With Buffs 3rd Place Run
Individual: Coach Li - I Think Lalang Would Have Got Course Record If He Was Pushed www.arizonawildcats.com
NCAAs On The Boards
- Wisconsin WINS, Okst crumbles, CU almost surprise 2nd
- Best Coaching jobs of teams at Nationals
- German Fernandez had a very good race
- Chad Hall in 44th...
- Eat it Solinsky and Bairu
- Ivy League Hype Machine Fails Again (re: Princeton)
- Is Lawi Lalang on drugs?
- Top-10 Coaching Jobs in Women's NCAA Division I in 2011
- OFFICIAL NCAA D1 UPDATE THREAD
UK Shot Putter Gets Nine Months In Prison For Trafficking Steroids, UK Anti-Doping Trying To Figure Out Who Drugs Were For Give him one month less of prison for every athlete he spills the beans on.
Philly Was Sunday *Results *Half Results
*RIP: Two Runners Die After Collapsing In Philly Marathon A 21-year-old man collapsed at the finish line and a 40-year-old collapsed about a quarter-mile before it.
*Philly Marathon: Tuko Folisho Wins In 2:19:16 Mariska Kramer wins women's in 2:35:46.
*Philly Half Results: Samuel Ndereba Wins In 64:04 (Close Race Places 1-6) Yihunlish Delelecha wins women's in 1:12:42.
International Weekend Results
- Haile Gebrselassie Wins Nijmegen 15k In 42:44 Over Kenya's Vincent Kipruo (43:15)
*Video Interview With Haile Post-Race Says that the race went out too slow.
- IAAF Recap Spain XC Meet:: World XC Bronze Medallist Vincent Kiprop Chepkok Gets The Win World Marathon silver medallist Priscah Jeptoo dominates the women's race.
- Crazy: Kenyans Race Against Strong Winds, Hot Conditions, And Possible Wildlife Attacks At Masai Half Marathon Nicholas Kipkemboi won in 62:28, Jemima Chelagat for the women in 67:07. Kipkemboi: "Coming here to win makes me proud. There was of course the fear of the wildlife, but I knew there was enough security so I had time to focus on the race."
- 2006 Boston Marathon Champ, Rita Jeptoo Busienei, Wins Local Kenyan Marathon Easily In 2:36:15 Paul Koech won the men's race in 2:15.
- Yokohama Women's International Marathon:
*Japan's Ryoko Kizaki Wins Yokohama International Women's Marathon She won over 2009 World Championships silver medallist Ozaki, but said, "I was close to giving up when she spurted in the last two kilometres, but I tried not to give up until the last hundred metres. I kept thinking that I want to go to the London Olympics." However, her time might not be fast enough to get her selected.
*Britain’s Mara Yamauchi Secures Olympic Spot With 3rd Place (2:27:24)
*Rene Kalmer Runs Fastest Time By A South African In 12 Years For 5th (2:29:59)
*Japan Running News Recap Yokohama And Other Japan Results Japan marathon NR holder, Mizuki Noguchi, fades in Neijmegen 15k and gets 5th.
Steve Mullings Found Guilty He may face a lifetime ban as this is his second offense. *2nd Article
*BOA Chariman Colin Moynihan Accused Of Making "Misinformed Allegations" By Angry WADA Chief
*Colin Moynihan To Defend Anti-Doping Policy Against WADA
Week That Was
LRC Geoffrey Mutai Amazes Again, Adam Goucher Retires, & Lukas Verzbicas Calls It Quits We go behind the scenes to take a look at the last two weeks in the running world, which included the NYC Marathon, Adam Goucher's retirement, and Lukas Verzbicas leaving Oregon mid-season. Plus we take a look at the Phil Hersh-Ryan Hall spat and compare Hall to Tim Tebow.
Alan Webb Still With Nike
Look Out, Nike: Kenyan Brand Kourage Launched Of course Nike and Kourage both don't have a chance since Puma has partnered with little LetsRun.com for the LRC Puma Faas Challenge.
2011 ING NYC Marathon *Men's Results *Women's Results *Viewing Info *Flash Yahoo Photos
LRC 2:05:06!!! Geoffrey Mutai Caps Year In Style An unbelievable year in men's marathoning had an appropriate finish, as the Kenyan man who had the most unbelievable of all years, Geoffrey Mutai, smashed the previous NYC Marathon record by a stunning 2:38 - that's two minutes and 38 seconds. If it wasn't the
greatest 2nd-greatest men's marathon performance
ever, you'll have to tell us what was. American Meb Keflezighi hung with the leaders for 20 miles after a blistering 63:16 1st half and ended up with a much-deserved PR. Mutai picked up $200,000 by winning, but the big financial winner was runner-up Emmanuel Mutai, who won $635,000 ($500,000 for the WMM title).
LRC Mary Keitany Beats Herself The women's race was full of gut-wrenching drama, as Mary Keitany went out in a crazy 67:56. The problem was she came back in 74:42, as unheralded Firehiwot Dado (Rome Marathon champ) got the win.
LRC Post-Race Interviews: Meb And His Coach Bob Larsen Talks About His PR Despite Throwing Up Plus the winners Geoffrey Mutai, Firehiwot Dado, men's and women's top 3, Ed Moran, Molly Pritz, Lauren Fleshman and Bobby Curtis.
RnR Las Vegas Half-Marathon *Results
SEAN HOUSEWORTH IS SURPRISE WINNER AT RNR LAS VEGAS HALF-MARATHON Houseworth won in 1:03:12 over Jason Hartmann (2nd - 1:03:34), and Jason Lehmkuhle (3rd - 1:03:37), but says he probably won't run the trials. Australia's 2004 World XC Champ Benita Willis won the women's race in 1:10:40 over Amy Hastings (1:11:22).
*Marathon Recap: Peter Omae Wins In 2:28:13; Zsofia Erdelyi Win's Women's In 2:48:59
*Lots of OT qualifiers at CIM More American OT qualifiers at California International Marathon.
- New IAAF Rule Will Let Athletes Display 2 Logos On Uniforms Nick Symmonds: “Who knows, you could be seeing Nick McDonald’s running in the Olympics next year."
- No Deal: US And IOC Still Unable To Reach Revenue Deal After Year Of Negotiations Washington Post
- Athletics Ireland Setting Extra Strict Standards For Even It's Youth Athletes
- BOA Chief Talks About Plans To Go To CAS Over Olympic Bylaw Dispute With WADA
- Blogger Says BOA Critics Barking Up Wrong Tree Some good quotes with opinions from various athletes including Paula Radcliffe and Jessica Ennis.
- Former Fifa President, 95-Yr Old Joao Havelange, Resigns From IOC To Avoid Being Potentially Punished For Receiving Bribes
NXN: CBA And FM Win It *Results
- FM Girls Win 6th Straight National Title Unreal, kudos to coach Bill Aris, who said, "Without question, this was the most challenging year for us."
- DyeStat Recap: Futsum And CBA Win On Boys Side, FM And Sara Baxter For The Girls
- 6th Straight NXN Victory For Fayetteville-Manlius Girls Coach Bill Aris said he dedicated all his efforts to his father and fellow coach, John Aris, who passed away less than a month ago.
- MileSplit Pics And Video
- Darren Fahy And Karlie Garcia Win FL West Regional
- On The Boards: *Futsum Wins It!!
*Sarah Baxter wins NXN!!!
*2011 FOOTLOCKER Championship: Futsum Z. (2011 NXN Champ) or Edward Cheserek for the win?
Two Recommended Reads From New Zealand
- Jake And Zane Robertson Chasing A Dream In Deepest Africa If you aren't familiar with their story, the two twin brothers left home four years ago at 17 to live and train in Kenya. Apparently they are now living separately with African girlfriends, one in Kenya and one in Ethiopia.
- For 16-Year-Old Jacko Gill, Olympics Are Just One Throw Away Jacko's dad, Walter: "When he goes into a build-up phase, he does three training sessions a day. Some of them are in the middle of the night. The house shakes and the dog runs outside. We might be asleep, and he'll be lifting weights or bounding up and down the stairs to our bedroom door. He's definitely different. How we ever produced that, I'll never know, but we're very proud of him."
- Closing Notes From USATF Annual Meeting
- After Getting Kicked Out Of AAC Meeting, Club Council Talks To USATF Interim CEO Mike McNees They convinced him to remove the IAAF logo restrictions from the Club XC Champs meet. Now the only uniform rules enforced at Club Nationals will "be the ones in the USATF Rule Book (not the Draconian 'uniform guidelines')." *USATF Release
- LRC Chaos At USATF Convention
Make Good Progress On Logo Restrictions
The twittersphere blew up after a meeting that was being streamed on
the internet without the participants' knowledge was shut down in grand
fashion with people storming out of it, but all in all the athletes are
making good progress. Bob Hersh of the IAAF surprised them by saying in 2012 the IAAF will allow 2 logos on jerseys.
- Track&Field News Print Article On Athlete Logo Issue Talks about Lauren Fleshman's issue with her "tattoo" at NYC Marathon.
*Ethiopia’s New York Runner-Up Buzunesh Deba Will Run Boston Marathon She'll spend the winter in Albuquerque, New Mexico to get away from the Northeast snow.
*"Geb: Ethiopian Legend Who Ran His Way To Fortune"
*The Great Ethiopian Run Struggles To Clean Up The Post-Race Mess
2 Weeks And NCAAs In Review
LRC NCAAs Go According To Form, Chris Derrick's College Career Comes To An End, Tim Tebow = Don't Overtrain, Track Returns To The Garden, And Alan Webb Has Sex Now that we've got your attention with the Alan Webb headline, get your weekly read on the running world. After the Thanksgiving break, we're back with a good week in review if we must say so ourselves. Plus a little comedy if you haven't seen the Border Clash XC false-start video.
Protesters In India Burn Seb Coe's Effigy They are upset that Dow chemical is sponsoring the Olympic stadium wrap as Dow now owns Union Carbide - a company which killed at least 3,700 Indians 27 years ago.
- LaShawn Merritt - "One mistake should not cost me my career." Maybe we should add (tiny) mistake?
- WADA Head States The Obvious - Doping Positives Don't Tell The Whole Story 1-2% of people test positive but people believe more than 10% dope.
More News From Europe
- UK's 200m Runner Elaine O'Neill Coming Back From Injury To Try And Make 2012 Games
- $1.85M Embezzled From IOC Musuem's Bank Account Bureaucrats don't worry; it's not much more than Doug Logan's severance package.
- Are French Men The Favorites For Next Weekend's European Cross?
*Record Number Of Entrants Expected
- Politicians Jump On The Bandwagon: Members Of Parliament Accuse BBC Of "Bias" Over All-Male Short List For Sports Personality Of Year
- Brit Perri Shakes-Drayton Is More Motivated Than Ever After Missing 400H Final By .01
- Coca-Cola To Create Olympic Park Pavilion
- Meet Rollie Geiger - NC State's Coach Has Won 56% Of The School's ACC Titles (43)
- USATF Annual Convention Day 2 Recap
- Football Star And 10.05 Man Marvin Bracy Has Signed With FSU And Is Hoping To Make 2012 Olympics
- How Runner Gabriele Anderson Beat Cancer On Her Way To London 2012
The Uganda Witch Trials
Moses Kipsiro & Other Top Athletes Flee Home Training Area Because Of Witchcraft Where the 12:50 performer Kipsiro lives, the police get three reports a week of witches operating. Recently two women in their 80s were thrown off a cliff.
A Brief Chat With 4:07 1500-Meter Runner Katie Follett A recent engagement has resulted in a new coach for the first year pro.
Olympic Marathon Trials Are Next Month
Bad News: 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials Will Not Be Available Live Online Or On TV All is not lost, as there will be 2 hours of same day tape delay national TV coverage, but this really sucks. We can't think of any sporting event of substance these days that isn't available live somewhere.
Discuss: Olympic Marathon Trials Will Not Be Streamed Online Live
This Weekend: Benita Willis, Patrick Smyth, Jason Hartmann, Jason Lehmkuhl, Amy Hastings, Katie McGregor And Kathy Butler Running Zappos Rock N Roll Vegas Half
*Sunday's Cal International Marathon In Sacramento Is One Of Last Chances To Qualify For Trials
This Would Have Been Quote Of The Day Had It Not Been For Centro: Question For NCAA #4 And Canadian XC Champ Cam Levins - Q: What was your average mileage per week throughout the fall season? A: 155+ miles *MB: Cam Levins is my new favorite runner
Recommended Read Rich Castro, Founder Of Bolder Road Runners, Retires As Head Of Road Runners We loved this quote: "Before there was a running boom in Boulder, before Frank Shorter won his gold and silver Olympic medals and helped Steve Bosley start the Bolder Boulder 10K, before the Boulder Creek Path and all the area training groups, there was Rich Castro."
Getting Ready For The US Olympic Marathon Trials
- A Brief Chat With 2:29:35 Marthoner Stephanie Rothstein The sufferer of celiac disease is getting ready for the Trials.
- A Brief Chat With 2:11:06 Marathoner Jason Hartmann
Wow - A Realistic Athletics Head - Chinese Athletics Chief Will Be Happy If Liu Xiang Gets A Medal of Any Color "I think everybody will be satisfied whatever medal - gold, silver or bronze - he wins because he has spared no efforts in his sport."
- Recommended Read: A Look Back At The '54 Drake Relays Jav Winner, Marion Hudson An amazing 3-sport athlete from the now non-existent Dana College. Many say racist attitudes in the 1950s kept him from going pro or competing in the Olympics. Article calls him "one of the greatest athletes no one has ever heard of."
- 33-Year-Old Bolota Asmeron Is Getting Ready For The Olympic Marathon Trials He ran a 1:03:06 half to qualify and says he's shooting for "top 3 at least." Asmeron: "I've run like two and a half marathons and I feel like I'm a contender. I don't see anyone else out there having a better chance than me." We wonder if he'll run it in a speedsuit?
- Florida State's NCAA Champ Ngonidzashe Makusha Confident About London
- UMD Runner "Had My Life Goals Just Taken From Me"
- Shalane Flanagan Talks About Having Kara Goucher As A New Training Partner
- Princeton's Brian Leung Still Learning Lessons
Post-NCAA XC News *Men's 2km Standings *5km Standings *8km Standings *Final Men's Results *Women's 4km Standings *Women's Final Results *Entire Race Video Replays *LRC Puma Prediction Contest Scores Here *DII Prediction Contest Scores (DIII Coming) *LRC Men's Photo Gallery *LRC Women's Photo Gallery
- LRC Women's Photo Gallery
- LRC Men's Photo Gallery
- LRC Men's 2km Standings *5km Standings *8km Standings *Women's
hired a Chinese expertused our excel training to let you stat geeks take a look at where everyone in the field stood at the various checkpoints within the race. Who blew up the most? Who moved up the most?
- LRC Puma Prediction Contest Scores Here
- Lawi Lalang: "After the 4k, I was ready to go. If anybody was going to go with me, I was ready."
- Jordan Hasay: "I thought I had it." "I thought I had it. I was keying off her. I knew she was the one to beat. It just came down to the last couple of strides. It's kind of a bummer to get all of the way to the end and get beat."
- Nice Pre-Race Article On Lalang With Nice Quotes From Coach Li: "Lawi is not the same now as he was last spring. He is better and he is more confident ..." "But this is his biggest race ever and there are great expectations. You still have to race on the day. I am eager to see how he responds." LetsRun.com says - He responded quite well.
- MB: Breakdown of best NCAA runners by state *NCAA scoring by HS state
2011 NCAAs Are History *Men's Results *Women's Results *Entire Race Video Replays
Women: LRC Georgetown, Reid Win Tight Battles Six women kicked for home over the last 400m of the race but in
the end it turned into the duel
many expected and Sheila Reid of Villanova got the narrow win over Jordan Hasay.
The big surprise was in the team's race, where the Georgetown women, who were only third at Big East, won by eight over Washington as #1 Florida State faltered and finished 4th. *Discuss
More: *Georgetown Gets Its First National CC Title GUHoyas.com
*Washington Comes Up 8 Points Short GoHuskies.com
*#1 FSU Finishes 4th & Coach Karen Harvey Pulls No Punches"I felt like I was watching a nightmare. I really thought there was no way this is happening." www.seminoles.com
*Wetmore Says 11th-Placed Colorado Women Purposely Peaked For PAC-12s, Not NCAAs www.denverpost.com
*The FSU women finished fourth and the men 12th at NCAA Cross Country Championships www.seminoles.com
*Lananna Says Hasay's Runner-Up Finish Was A Big Step Forward As She Didn't Get Antsy & Kick Too Early www.oregonlive.com
A Former Leading Lady In The News
Soap Opera: 1991 World 10,000 Champ Liz McColgan Cleared Of Attacking Husband But the evidence reveals she had been having an affair, he had installed spyware on her computer to track her typings, and he had a secret SIM card to send her and her boyfriend text messages.
USATF Showing Some Leadership
Track And Field Will Be Back In The Garden The Millrose Games may have
died moved to the Armory but USATF has stepped up and shown some leadership by announcing they will put on a new meet at Madison Square Garden next year, the US Open. Bernard Lagat says he's running it and most importantly ESPN will be televising it, showing the world our sport is
not a complete joke and can be held on a grand stage. Three cheers for USATF (we're not sure if we've ever said those words in the same sentence). *MBoard Thread *USATF Article
He Will Be Missed Adam Goucher Retires Goucher is having knee surgery on Friday and says his competitive racing career is over. We've always said that one way to judge whether a runner's
career was a good one or not is simple: Were They Good Enough That They Could Retire Or Just Quit? Goucher certainly is retiring, as he had an INCREDIBLE career - Foot Locker champ, NCAA champ indoors, NCAA champ outdoors
and NCAA champ in XC, USA champ in XC and track and an Olympian. Goucher is a runner at heart and we wouldn't rule out seeing him in the 2016 Marathon Trials.
*MB: Adam Goucher retires
Frankfurt *Larger Image Of Kipsang At Finish
Frankfurt: Oh-So-Close: 2:03:42 - Wilson Kipsang's World Record Assault Comes Up Just Short IAAF The world of marathoning continues to be simply amazing
on the men's side.
*AP Recap Levy Matebo was second (2:05:16) and Albert Matebor third (2:05:25) as the women's CR was broken by Mamitu Daska (2:21:59).
Pre-Race: Last Year's 2:04:57 Course Record Holder Wilson Kipsang Says World Record Can Fall At Sunday's BMW Frankfurt Marathon Kipsang may be getting a bit ahead of himself, but he's very good. More on Kipsang here.
Bank Of America Chicago Marathon *Results *Yahoo Photos
LRC Moses Mosop A Superstar, Liliya Shobukhova Becomes Second-Fastest Woman Ever Updated Moses Mosop dominated the final miles in Chicago after Wesley Korir tried to make it interesting. Russian Liliya Shobukhova ran 2:18:20 to become the second-fastest woman ever. American Ryan Hall ran 2:08:04 for 5th. Great for any other American marathoner, so-so for him.
LRC: Wesley Korir Impresses With 2:06:15 Second Place In Chicago The former Louisville Cardinal broke the race up with a surge at 30km. Afterwards, he revealed what he was trying to do.
Ryan Hall Says He Needs More Time At Sea Level To Work On Turnover RW
LRC Non-Quotes Of The Day From 2011 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon Hall talks about what 2:08 means, Canova talks about the world record.
LRC Quick Recap With Men's Splits: Moses Mosop Breaks Course Record At 2011 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon, Shobukhova Runs 2:18:20
Introducing The LRC PUMA 55 - The 12 Days Of PUMA
Day #3: LRC The LRC Puma Faas 55 #11-15: Winter Wonderland, South Dakota Represents, TxRUNNERGirl And A Dude Who Will Lose $200 If He Doesn't Break 16 Minutes For 5k Puma is out to prove its Faas line of shoes
worthy of the LetsRun.com runner and can withstand the toughest of environments. Today our FAAS 55 winners are from Alaska, South Dakota, and Idaho. Read all about them. You think you're worthy to put the PUMA Faas
shoes to the test? Enter the LRC PUMA Faas Challenge here.
Day2: #6-10: A 27:31 10ker, A Marine Corps Marathon Champ, A Girl From Our Favorite High School, And A Guy Who Loves Asics
Day 1: LRC Introducing The LRC PUMA 55
NCAA Women's Photo Gallery
NCAA Men's Photo Gallery (500+ Photos)
Beautiful People (NCAA XC Banquet Photos)
Asafa Powell And Veronica Campbell-Brown Racing At US Open (Madison Square Garden Games Should Be The Name) Tickets go on sale today. In other news, the Meet Formerly Known as the Millrose Games announced its schedule (Brittney Reese and Jesse
jumping). This all would be much easier if the meet going to be held in the Armory let the meet being held in the Garden have its name back. Track and Field needs to be on the biggest stage possible. That means national TV in the Garden.
We didn't realize that the meets are even on the same day. Update: The meets are on different days. The problem is "the Millrose" meet at the Armory does not seem to be in control of the Millrose
website, so we looked at last year's date by accident.
Good Read: 60 Seconds With Maurice Greene (He Talks About Partying, Jon Drummond Peeing In His Lane Before A Race) We're still grateful for the time Maurice threw a party in LA in 2005 and it was open bar for a half an hour on his tab.
Usain Bolt Q&A And Video Interview With ESPN The Magazine
NCAA XC Is Here
LRC NCAA XC Prediction Contest Powered By Puma Our world-famous NCAA Prediction Contests are back. Tell us who will win in Terre Haute and you could win some cool Puma gear or $200,010 if you have a perfect ballot.
Cross-Country For The "Geekiest" And "Nerdiest" (Discuss Here)
LRC Catching Up With Olympian Michael Stember:
Olympian Stember On Dunking A Basketball, Nerds Running Cross-Country, And Trying To Break 18 Minutes For 5k We know it drives a few people nuts when we call one of our own interviews a MUST read, but we are quite proud of this one. Stember talks about everything - from wondering if he really should have been an 800-meter runner, to having figured out the inner-city school problem, to solving the energy crisis and much more. Along the way he admits he once ran a 4-minute mile after months of drinking and only 3 weeks of running, admits to Gallowalking during his current training and says he has secured a rabbit to pace him to a sub-18 5k so he can win his bet on CharityBets.
NYC Men's Photo Gallery
NYC Women's Photo Gallery
Training Corner (More In The Training Forum)
- Anyone else run hard workouts in the very-early morning?
- Stitches, breathing, and racing
- Anyone ever made a comeback after something serious (cancer)?
- I lost the spark between me and running
- How to develop speed endurance
BMW Berlin Marathon Photos! Makau Takes Geb's World Record
A Scintillating Men's 10,000 Finish (US Visitors Only)
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Lydiard vs magill vs malmo for summer cross country training
- Couple questions about summer training?
- Peter Snell Interview and his thoughts on Lydiard training
- Sprinter to Distance : My quest to run sub 2
Universal Sports Back To Top