Quote Of The Day
“Ever since I was three years old, four years old, this was the goal. I wanted to break the world record. I wanted to win all the gold medals there are to win, but one of the biggest goals, maybe the biggest, was breaking the world record. How do you explain a dream that’s been a dream since you were three years old? It’s a big dream, too. It” not a little dream. And it’s a whole process building up to that moment. I can’t really get my head around it. Everything that has happened has built up to this. The little things, the big things. The bad things, the good things.”
– Mondo Duplantis speaking about clearing 6.17m in Torun on Saturday to break the pole vault world record.
- Serious Vaporfly Shortage in the UK, is it the same in the US? + Wait for Alpha Fly or Buy Next %?
- Why is no one asking what materials Mondo's pole was made out of?
- How long of a “long run” do ultra-runners do for a 100k race
- Elinor vs Bowerman Babes @ USA Indoor Nationals
- Rupp looked heavier Saturday, thinking 5 pounds or so up?
- Sophomore Larry Edwards ran 8:56.41 over the weekend. Discuss!!
- Can I get anywhere near my potential in the 400m if I start training at 31 years of age?
- Jim Walmsley gets big feature in New York Times Magazine (and a RW and SI feature on same day)