Quote Of The Day
“I told the athletes, if you really study the Trials – the marathon but also, pick an event, 5,000, steeple, 10,000, 1,500, whatever. Watch those races, the people who try to win end up on the podium, the people who try to get third end up fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, etc. So of course folks, try to win. You try to win, maybe you win, maybe end up second, maybe you end up third, but I think if you go in with an attitude of ‘I’m going to try to sneak onto the team. I’m going to try to do some cute thing where, you know, I start out in 12th and I slowly move up.’ Those are fantasies. That’s not what really happens.”
“It’s like NCAA cross country. There’s no secret to NCAA cross country. You get out and hammer you put all your five guys up as high as you possibly can and your five ladies and you compete up front. And that’s how you make the podium in the NCAA. And that’s how you’ll make the podium in Atlanta. You, go for the win, you know. Why wouldn’t Fauble think he can win? He was just, he’s just running stride for stride with the best guys in the world at Boston for 22 miles and giving them all they can handle, so I’m glad that they’re saying that.”
– HOKA ONE ONE Northern Arizona Elite coach Ben Rosario talking about his team’s goals for the 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials. This month, LetsRun is partnering with HOKA to profile athletes at the Trials – from the contenders to the dreamers to the mountain men and women.
- Terrible news, Ethiopia's Abadi Hadis (12:56/26:56/58:44) has passed away at just 22
- Rupp Racing on Saturday!
- Farah runs away from Bekele (withdraws from London Half)
- Paula Radcliffe calls out Mara Yamauchi
- True or false: It's easier to run 6-7 days a week than 2 or 3. Rojo says true!!
- Chinese athletes can now dope all they want as drug testing has been suspended due to coronavirus
- Why am I not leaning out / gaining leg muscle / losing weight, even on high mileage?
- Continue this relationship?