Quote Of The Day
Father: “I always told him, ‘If I could do one thing I never did, it was break that four-minute mile.’ I really enjoyed watching him do it and achieving that goal as a family. It kind of eased the wounds that I had of never getting it.”
And Son: “Having my dad there to watch that live was really special. To wear his old jersey was kind of symbolic.”
– Oregon’s Trevor Dunbar and his father Marcus, talking about Trevor breaking 4 minutes in the mile last summer while wearing his father’s old Alaskan Track Club singlet and his father looking on. Marcus was the 1993 US indoor mile champion and had a PR of 4:00.58, which was the Alaskan state record until Trevor ran 3:59.06.
- Rupp In, Centro Out, Mile Record Attempt Off
- Kara Goucher to Oiselle?
- Congratulations: Alysia Montano is Pregnant
- Do you think Dibaba's 1500 WR is clean?
- Paula Radcliffe wants one last marathon in London or New York in 2015
- Farah's "100 foot" jump
- Facebook is 10 years old. Will it last another 10 years?