Virgin London Marathon *Watch Live (3:55am Eastern Sunday) Or On Demand (After 9:00am Eastern) Without Knowing The Results
- Final Pre-Race London News: LRC Official Predictions From The LetsRun.com Prediction Contest
- Stephen Shay (Ryan's Brother) Is Running London And He Gets A Profile In Daily Telegraph American Mo Trafeh could get the American debut record.
- Martin Lel Glad To Be Back Racing, Favorite Tsegaye Kebede Says He Will Get World Record One Day
- Men's Betting Odds (Kebede the Favorite Over Makau) *Women's Betting Odds (Liliya Shobhukova Favored Over Mary Keitany)
- Recommended Read: Profile On Former World 10,000m Record Holder And Virgin London Race Director Dave Bedford
Previous London News:
LRC Men's Preview: Heavyweights Kebede And Makau Vs. The Field Once again, London has assembled a tremendous field, showing why it is the most competitive marathon in the world outside of the Olympics. Patrick Makau, the #1-ranked marathoner in the world in 2010, whose worst marathon last year was a 2:05:08 win in Berlin, takes on the top competitive marathoner in the world not named Sammy Wanjiru - Tsegaye Kebede - plus five more of the 24 guys who have ever run sub-2:06 in the marathon. We break down the field and take a look at the Americans' (Patrick Smyth and Mo Trafeh) chances, including whether Trafeh can get American Ryan Hall's marathon debut record.
More Men's News: BBC Video Interview With 3-Time London Marathon Champ Martin Lel
*Tiny Tsegaye Kebede Is Big Man In London This Weekend
*Ageless Jaouad Gharib Still On Top Of His Marathon Game
*Former FSU Seminole Andrew Lemoncello Wants Olympic Time In London
*Ethiopia's Bazu Worku Pulls Out Of London With Food Poisoning
Inspirational: Switzerland's 2:07 Man Vitkor Röthlin Going For European Record (2:06:36) In London After Coming Back From A Near-Death Experience In 2009
*It's Well Deserved In Our Mind British Papers To Make Stir Over Fact That Dave Bedford Made Just Over $400,000 Last Year (£250,000)
LRC Women's Preview: Liliya Shobukhova And The "Strongest" London Women's Field Ever Chase The Elusuive 2:20 Barrier Race Director Dave Bedford calls this without a doubt his strongest women's field and it's hard to argue against him. He's got the London champ, the New York champ, the Berlin champ, the World Champ, the Olympic Champ, and then a handful of others who may win, including the world half marathon record holder Mary Keitany. We break down the field, ponder whether we'll see the first sub-2:20 in three years (and wonder why women's marathoning has gone in reverse the last five years) and look at American Magdalena Lewy-Boulet's chances of a sub-2:25 clocking.
More Women's News: *Japanese Runner Mizuho Nasukawa's Friend Died In Quake With Baby In Her Arms
*Japan's #1, Traumatized By Quake, Hoping For Good Day In London
*Shobukhova Respects But Doesn't Fear Paula Radcliffe
*Steve Cram Wishes More Brits Would Pay Attention To London Marathon Even When Paula Radcliffe Isn't Running
*37-Year-Old Jo Pavey Excited For Marathon Debut
More London Previews: IAAF Virgin London Marathon Preview *5 Men & Women To Watch In London *Athletics Weekly Women's Preview & Men's Preview
- Ashton Eaton Improves In One Of His Weaker Events With An Almost-8-Foot Discus PR
- NCAA Working On Transgender Athlete Policy
- Sally Meyerhoff Memorial Video Now Available
- Preview Of The 119th Harvard/Yale Dual Meet The Harvard men own a 59-48-1 series edge, but Yale has won every time since 2004.
- 2011 World Youth Champs: Leading U.S. Candidates April 14 DyeStat Update
LRC The Week That Was This week, we investigate German Fernandez's Shoe-Gate, quote a 9th or 10th grader who says that more fans watch his 9th-10th grade meet than Leo Manzano, tell you why to be truly elite in the marathon you now need to be a sub-2:06 guy, and re-introduce you to Leilani Rios, the runner who was a national sensation 10
ago when she was kicked off the Cal State-Fullerton track team for making a lot of money
each night she worked.
*Athletics Weekly Weekend Recap: 9 World Leads Set, Including Men's Steeple, Marathon, Decathlon, And Men's/Women's 4 X 1 And 4 X 4
- LA Times: Barry Bonds' Trial So Humiliating It Might Dissuade Athletes From Using Steroids "It's hard to imagine how any pro athlete, or any high school kid aspiring to be one, could look at Bonds' public disgrace and decide that taking steroids would be a good idea. Cheating doesn't just shrink sexual organs; it ravages reputations." *Barry Bonds Guilty Of Obstruction Of Justice
- Banned Coach Trevor Graham Says US Anti-Doping Agency Covering Up For US Coaches Graham coached drug cheats Justin Gatlin and Marion Jones and was given a lifetime ban by the USADA.
- Germany's Anti-Doping Agency Warns Eating Meat In China Could Lead To Accidental Doping & Failed Drug Tests
- Meet Usain Bolt's Brother - Sadiki Bolt - Will He Too Soon Be A Famous Professional Athlete? He's 8 months younger than Bolt but cricket is his game and he's got some real talent but was sidelined by distractions when his brother became famous.
- Recommended Read: The Story Of Eastern Michigan's Austin Hendrix, An Openly Gay Distance Runner
- Scientific Paper: Doping Varies Greatly By Country We are too cheap to pay the $35 to read it but wonder if it says Moroccans and Russian women and US sprinters are the worst.
- Half Of Eldoret Is Now Owned By Former Running Stars Who Helped Rebuild It After Post-Election Violence
- Japanese Olympic Marathon Hopeful Masato Imai's Parents' House Is Located Within Nuclear Exclusion Zone
- Sonia O'Sullivan Will Always Be At Home In Cork, Ireland - So She Might As Well Win The Local Marathon College age and don't know who O'Sullivan is? She starred at 'Nova and had every Irish record from the 800 through 13.1.
- Doug Logan, Rejoice: Brits Arguing Over How Many Track Medals They Should Win In 2012 The coach van Commenee says if they don't win 8 with at least one gold, he's gonna be a goner.
Sunday's Road Action *Rotterdam Marathon Thread
Rotterdam: Wilson Chebet Wins 2:05:26 Duel In Rotterdam Rotterdam officials had taken out insurance on the $350,000 bonus for a world record, as they know what we all should know now, the course is super fast. The world record
didn't fall, but Wilson Chebet battled with Vincent Kipruto until the final kilometer to make it 2 more guys under 2:06 in Rotterdam. Two 2:05s, however, is actually a letdown to Rotterdam, as this may be the fastest course in the world (see below). Last year, Patrick Makau won the battle with Geoffry Mutai as 2 broke 2:05, and in 2009, 2 guys ran 2:04 as well.
*Rotterdam Marathon The Fastest? Rotterdam Now Has The Top 10 Fastest Average Times Interesting stats from Ken Nakamura. The bar has officially been raised, and in our opinion, sub-2:06 is the cutoff for being a truly studly marathoner. 75 guys have gone sub-2:07, but only 24 have gone sub-2:06.
*Vincent Kipruto Now Statistically One Of The Fastest Marathoners Ever He's got only one win but 5 fast times.
Amazing: 80-Year-Old Ed Whitlock Runs 3:25:40
Paris: Priscah Jeptoo's More-Than-4-Minute PR Wins Paris (2:22:55, #2 Time Ever), Benjamin Kiptoo Wins Men's In 2:06:31
Usain Bolt & Tyson Gay In The News
Recommended Read: Usain Bolt Shares His Unique Perspective On Running And Life In Profile On Front Page Of Sports In USA Today We promised to use this article as Quote of the Day for today, as there are enough quotes to last a week. Bolt talks
about partying, psychologically destroying his opponents, the stupidity of getting married before your late 30s, and a pro soccer career after London 2012 (print edition only). Bolt: "Dancing is good physical activity. So don't think about partying and dancing as negative." Bolt also hints in the video that him and Gay talk a lot less since Bolt took over as the main star. *5
USA Today Questions With Bolt (video)
*AP: One-Track Mind - Gay Closing Gap On Bolt
April Fools News
Recommended Read Ato Boldon's 10 Pieces Of Wise Advise That Current Pro Track Athletes Don't Understand (But Retired Ones Do) Among the highlights, he advises staying away from European wine and women and to beware of falling in love with insincere shoe companies.
The Only Required Reading In The Industry
LRC: Week That Was: Flanagan Gets Bronze, Rupp Makes An Impressive Debut, An American Runs 2:27 At LA, And The US XC Dream Team Sure, we bet you know about Shalane Flanagan's bronze at World XC and Galen Rupp's half marathon in NYC. But we help put these in perspective and tell you about the American who ran 2:27 in LA (Amy Hastings) and wonder how well the US dream team of Lagat, Rupp, Solinsky, Tegenkamp and Ritz would do at World XC. And of course the most important news of the week, the fight at World XC.
Zersenay Tadese Misses His Own WR But Runs 2nd-Fastest Half Marathon Ever (58:30) In Portugal Despite having little help from rabbits and having to run into the wind the last 3 miles, Tadese was great as usual at the 13.1 distance.
2011 NCAA Champs *Full Results *2011 Event-By-Event Results With Splits *LRC Women's Preview *LRC Men's Preview *LRC Day 1 Photos *Video Highlights (48 Hours Only) Within Articles Or On Right
Day 2: LRC 3ks: Hasay Becomes A Legend, Heath Unleashes His Legendary Kick As of Fri. night, Jordan Hasay was viewed as the former teen prodigy who couldn't quite kick for the big one in college. Now, just as was the case for Galen Rupp two years ago, she is college distance running's biggest star, as she won the mile and then came back in the 3k to make herself into a legend by turning the tables on Sheila Reid. Stanford's Elliott Heath's kick was even more lethal, as he destroyed a super-talented men's 3k field over the final 140m. Includes last lap video coverage.
Day 2: LRC Mid-D: Hasay Gets Title #1, Batty Gets Title #2, Fred Samoei Wins A Nailbiter, And BYU's Bleazard Dominates After being outkicked in the DMR on Fri. night, Jordan Hasay outkicked the competition to grab her first NCAA title as BYU's Miles Batty completed the double in the men's mile, holding off a spirited challenge from Tulsa's Chris O'Hare. The men's 800 featured the best finish of the night as Michael Rutt's bold move to the lead 400 meters in almost held up. In the women' s 800, BYU's Lacey Bleazard won her 2nd indoor title - it's a shame the ESPN3 announcers had no idea who she was. Includes last lap video coverage.
Day 1: LRC DMR: Villanova's Reid Outkicks Oregon's Hasay, BYU's Miles Batty Holds Off Incredible 3:53 Anchor From Andy Bayer Both DMRs had great finishes. The women were first and 'Nova's Sheila
Reid and Oregon's Jordan
Hasay put on
battle for the ages. On the men's side, Andy Bayer split a sick 3:53 to take Indiana from 9th to 2nd, but it was not enough to overtake BYU's Miles Batty, as the night of incredible men's distance running continued with three sub-3:55 splits. Arizona's Lawi Lalang split 3:56.9 and his team lost 3 spots. Recap, interviews, photos, and video of last laps.
LRC 5,000m Recaps: Unheralded Leonard Korir Storms To NCAA Record, Jackie Areson Impresses, Mia Behm Surprises Everyone The men's 5,000m witnessed Iona's Leonard Korir winning a scorching-fast 5k in 13:26.01 over Sam Chelanga, as three guys broke the previous NCAA meet record. On the women's side, Jackie Areson put on a display over the last 600m and Mia Behm, who was 7th at the Big 12, shocked everyone to get 2nd.
Sad News: Sally Meyerhoff Killed In Cycling Accident The two-time All-American and US Olympic Trials qualifier as well former US champion at 25km was killed on Tuesday in a cycling accident at the young age of 27 while she trained for the Ironman World
Championship. *LRC MB: Sad News: Sally Meyerhoff Killed in Accident
*Abc15.com Article With Video On Meyerhoff's Death
*Ahwatukee.com Article On Meyerhoff's Death
*New York Road Runners Article
*More Sad News: Florida High School Track Athlete Sarah Landauer Dies After Collapsing At Practice
The Secret Is ... There Is No Secret
Boston Is Monday *Pre-Race Story/Interviews
- LRC: Once In A (Marathon) Lifetime Weather Conditions Forecast For Boston On Monday The weather forecast is for near perfect weather with a nearly 20 mph tailwind, prompting the LRC coaching guru to say, "A sub-2:03:59 clocking wouldn't actually shock me. I'll tell you this - if Boston had rabbits and the field that is assembled for the 2011 London marathon was running with a time bonus on the line, I'd actually be a little surprised if someone didn't run the fastest marathon time ever recorded."
- Recommended Read: Chat With Joan Benoit Samuelson
- Florence Kiplagat Ready For Her Marathon Debut The only question on her is if she is 100% healthy.
- Don't Forget About Blake Russell
Previous Boston News:
LRC: Friday Press Conference: Ryan Hall Confident; Geoffrey Mutai Speaks On Kenyan System; Goucher, Davila, Cheruiyot Reveal Plans Interviews with Ryan Hall, Geoffrey Mutai, Kara Goucher, Desiree Davila - plus record holder Robert Cheruiyot discussed his calf injury.
LRC Men's Preview: Stellar Top 3, Moses Mosop's Debut, And Ryan Hall Robert Cheruiyot went 2:05:52 on the Boston course last year and he's not even our favorite, as he faces the world's "strongest" runner, Geoffrey Mutai (the stud who averaged 2:05:08 in 2 marathons last year and then dominated the Kenyan XC ranks), NYC Champ Gebre Gebremariam and the debut of Moses Mosop. Plus, we give you Ryan Hall's chances and discuss his thyroid problem and parasites.
LRC Women's Preview: 10 Seasoned Marathoners Or Newcomer Florence Kiplagat? Former World XC and World Half Marathon champ and Renato Canova-coached athlete Florence Kiplagat (and the wife of men's debutant Moses Mosop) will battle 10 seasoned marathoners that have a chance to win. Who will come out on top? Does Kara Goucher have a chance? We tell you that and more. In our minds, a white former NCAA athlete might win, but her name most likely isn't Kara Goucher.
Non US Track News
- Day 2 Of Australian Champs: Craig Mottram Pulls Out Of 1,500m Heats With Minor Injury IAAF
- Day 1 Of Australian Champs: Sally Pearson Going For Triple, Tamsyn Lewis Going For 400/800 Double
- Qualifying Standards For Olympics Released And They Are Easier Or The Same As World Champs Standards
Don't Forget Haile G
*Washington Post Looks At Haile G's Comeback From Retirement, Which Begins Sunday In Vienna While the great one unretired, the article admits he's finally starting to wonder when he will actually retire.
*Preview Of Vienna Marathon: Haile Gebrselassie Running Half And Paul Kirui Going For Marathon CR With Boston and London coming up, it's easy to overlook this, but the Vienna Marathon is also Sunday. Geb will be making his return in the half in his first major appearance since dropping out of the NYC Marathon.
More Boston News:
- Defending Boston Champion Teyba Erkesso Worried About Ankle Injury
- Ray Treacy Thinks Kim Smith Has Great Chance To Win On "Home Course" He says, "she is going to step on the line thinking, 'I have as good a chance as anyone to win this.'"'
- Greater Boston Track Club Coach Tom Derderian: "Athletic competition is not a democracy. Faster runners should be privileged." "My concern is that fast runners be guaranteed entry and not be tossed into a lottery or be rushed to make a deadline. Athletic competition is not a democracy. Faster runners should be privileged. The Boston Marathon was conceived in the tradition of the Olympic Marathon to be a footrace to see who's fastest."
- Detroit News Looks At Desiree Davila's Remarkable Rise & Her Chances On Monday
- Stating The Obvious Economists Say If Americans Regularly Won Boston That Its Sponsorship Money Would Skyrocket
Webb Coaching Search
Not So Fast: LRC Julia Webb: Alan Webb HAS NOT FINALIZED PLANS To Head Back To Virginia To Be Coached By Jason Vigilante
Steve Nearman Stands Behind His Story
Steve Nearman, the former Washington Times reporter who first broke the story about Webb's pro contract in 2002, reported Wednesday night that sources (plural) close to Webb confirmed that Alan was going to be coached by UVA's Jason Vigilante and we said, "Nearman can be trusted." Well, Nearman is trusted in the industry, but Alan's wife Julia Webb has written and said, "Just wanted to give you a heads up that the story is definitely not true ... we are still looking at the options. No decisions made although Vig (is) still a good option." We contacted Nearman and relayed him Julia's comments and he said, "I stand by my story and I stand by my sources."
*RRW: Alan Webb's Agent Ray Flynn Calls Webb Story "Totally Bogus" In reality, Flynn said the story is "at this stage totally bogus."
*LRC MB: *Julia Webb (Alan's wife) Has Written and Said Webb to UVA Story is Not Accurate *Thread On Webb-Vig
Previous Boston Marathon News
- Boston Herald: Kara Goucher Taking A Second Run At Boston
- Boston Herald: Ryan Hall Says He's Going Into Boston Relaxed Without Pressure But that doesn't mean he doesn't have big ambitions: "You never know who's going to produce the biggest challenge ... So, you have to have your eyes open and have respect for everyone and be ready for a variety of runners. Hopefully, it's me."
- Brett Gotcher Bummed About Missing Boston Due To Hip Injury
- Desiree Davila Will Show How Much She's Progressed Since She Debuted At Boston 4 Years Ago
- Kara Goucher Blogs On How Winding Down To Race Day Is Like "Closing The Door On A Little Chapter Of My Life"
- Ryan Hall Says With A Week To Go, It's Time To Shut The Brain Off And Not Think About The Race
- Denver Post: Last Americans To Win Boston Tired Of Waiting For Americans To Win Again
- Boston Globe: Free At Last - Ryan Hall Feels No Pressure To Break American Drought In Boston
- Kim Smith: "I think it is a winnable race, and, if I won it, it would mean a lot."
- Alistair Cragg Hoping For Top-5 Finish At Boston In Marathon Debut
- Husband-Wife Duo Of Florence Kiplagat And Moses Mosop Ready For Marathon Debuts In Boston (link fixed) Kiplagat is the reigning half marathon champ, whereas Mosop was a past runner-up at World XC. Kiplagat reveals she has an ongoing hamstring problem which doesn't hurt her too much on the roads.
- Boston Herald: Is Kenyan Dominance A Permanent Thing Or Is It Just The Latest String Of Countries Having A Great Run Once upon a time, Canadians were the best, then Japanese ... and as late as 1988, it was viewed that Kenyans couldn't win.
- Boston Globe: Desiree Davila took long road to Boston
- LRC: Desiree Davila Looking For Respect In Boston Davila finished one spot behind Kara Goucher at the last World Championships in the marathon, and she's hoping to finally
out of Kara's shadow at Monday's Boston Marathon. LetsRun.com has spent the last six years getting a mole into the Hansons-Brooks team, and now thanks to him we have this inside look at Desiree's preparations for Boston, which has included a 123-mile week. Article and video interview plus some video of the Hansons-Brooks training runs.
Last Sunday's South African Champs *Results (Scroll Down)
- Caster Semenya Does 800m/1,500m Double At S. African Champs (2:02 And 4:12) Her first minor test at 1,500m was successful.
- S. African Outdoor Champs: Olympic Silver Medallist Khotso Mokoena Wins Long Jump, Blade Runner Doesn't Make Final
- S. African Hammer Throw Champ Chris Harmse Wins His 16th-Straight National Title The Commonwealths champ can never compete in the Olympics because the hammer is always on Sunday, and for religious reasons, he can't compete on Sunday (Eric Liddell would approve).
NCAA Action *Texas Relays Results *Pepsi Invite Results *More NCAA Results
- Texas Relays: Texas A&M Brings It At Texas Relays: Gerald Phiri 10.06 100m, 3:00.45 4 X 400, 6 Relay Wins The Aggies have upped their game for sure. Jessica Beard twice split 49.6 for the women's 4 x 400.
LRC: NCAA 800m Champ Fred Samoei Wins Slow Texas Relays Mile Over Leo Manzano And German Fernandez A 2:15 opening 2 laps made this a crap shoot as the WChampionships finalist Manzano was only 4th and Fernandez ran 4:17.
- Jeremy Wariner Motivated For Gold After Anchoring Adidas Team At Texas Relays To 3:04 Win Good thing they weren't in the college race.
- Alex Austin, Son Of Olympic Champ Charles Austin, High Jumps 6'8" With 5 Weeks Of Training
- Pre-Meet Article On Austin: He High Jumped 6'7" In His 2nd Practice Session Ever
Oregon Pepsi Invite: Strong All-Around Performances Lead Oregon To Sweep At Oregon Pepsi Invite Jordan Hasay won the women's 1,500 in 4:18, AJ Acosta won the men's 1,500 and Matt Centrowitz won the 5,000m - all as expected. The big surprise was Oregon freshman and Ethiopian refugee Boru Guyota winning the 800 over Elijah Greer in 1:48.65.
2011 World XC *Results *New Women's Race Photos *New Men's Race Photos
LRC: Shalane Flanagan Gets Bronze The Olympic bronze medallist and ING NYC Marathon runner-up ran a stellar race to snatch the bronze versus a star-studded field. Flanagan appeared to be dropped with 2km to go, but dug deep to stay in contention and battle back for the bronze. World 5,000m champ Vivian Cheruiyot pulled away from World 10,000m
Linet Masai for gold. The American women did very well to get a repeat bronze medal.
Men: Imane Merga Blasts Away From Four Kenyans In Sprint To Win The Kenyan men dominated the team competition and had 4 of the top 5 guys in the pack for the sprint the final 400m. However, the lone Ethiopian - Imane Merga, the Diamond League 5,000m champion - got the win the Kenyan nation wants most every year. Ben True was the first American in 36th, as he and fellow Ivy Leaguer Max King were America's two best.
*Merga: "Before I used to think of myself as a track runner but this winter I have got to like cross-country races more."
*Craig Mottram Finishes As Top Non-Afrrican Born Male In 21st As Two Guys Ahead Of Him Are DQed For Fighting In Race To Line Eritrea's Samuel Tsegay and Ethiopia's Abera Kuma were given the DQ.
Junior Boys: Geoffrey Kipsang Leads Kenya To 13th Straight Title Kipsang was only 4th at the Kenyan Trials but dominated. High schooler Craig Lutz was the first American in 29th.
Junior Girls: Faith Kipyegon Of Kenya Wins, But Ethiopia Edges Them For Team Title High schooler Aisling Cuffe was the first American in 17th.
Other Nationals *NCAA D3 Champs *NCAA D2 Champs *HS Nationals Results *Photos
HS: Lukas V. Runs Away From The Top Milers To Complete Historic High School Nationals Triple His double on Sunday was super-impressive, but we had completely forgotten about German
8:34 double at the California state meet.
*IAAF Article On Verzbicas
We Wrote This Article Too Soon:
Gerry Lindgren's Legendary 47-Year-Old High School National Record Survives Scare From Lukas Verzbicas And Edward Cheserek Verzbicas hammered home over the final lap to pull away from Cheserek, but in the end, Lindgren's 8:40.0 lived to see another day, as Verzbicas ran 8:40.70 and Cheserek shattered the high school indoor and overall sophomore class records with his 8:42.66. More: Gerry Lindgren 8:40 indoors *LRC MB Lukas V. 8:40.7!! *LRC MB So close *Running Times Q&A With Lindgren About His 8:40.0 Note: This article incorrectly implies the record was set in a 16-lap race.
*Lucas Verzbicas (14:06.78) & (Waverly Neer) 16:35.15 Set National HS 5,000 Records
Tokyo Marathon: A Legend Is Born *Photos
Hailu Mekonnen Wins, Japanese Amateur Yuki Kawauchi Runs Amazing 2:08:37 For 3rd And Faints At Finish Yuki Kawauchi's story is amazing.
A 13:59 5ker and 29:02 10ker, he has a full-time job and has stayed away from the Japanese collegiate and professional system, yet he stunned all of Japan with a 2:08:37 run. Dreams do become reality.
*On The Boards: 13:59 5k, 29:02 10k Japanese AMATEUR Runs 2:08:37 at Tokyo Marathon and Passes Out
Records For Rupp And Farah *Video Of Rupp's And Farah's Race
Galen Rupp & Mo Farah Set National 5k Records!
(13:11.44 and 13:10.60) The two Alberto Salazar-coached athletes put on a brave battle, with Farah coming out on top on the last lap, as Rupp regained his American record from Bernard Lagat by .06. Rupp and Farah will be training together through 2012 and their partnership is off to a strong start. Rupp is scheduled to go for the American 10k record next week in New Zealand. The meet also saw a cool 400m hurdles race (video
here or on the right), an 8:30 3k and American Morgan Uceny going sub-2:00 in the 800.
*Mo Farah Breaks British 5,000m Record With His New Coach Alberto Salazar One Of The 8,000 In Attendance Telegraph.co.uk
*Farah Credits Salazar's Coaching
*Rupp/Farah 5k Video
The 10 Best High School XC Runners Ever
LRC Week That Was: The 10 Best High School XC Runners Of All Time, Verzbicas, Tribute To Gary Reed, The NY Times & The NE Patriots And More We've got the entire running world covered from San Diego to Japan, from the high school ranks to the pros, and even talk about the NE Patriots and the NY Times.
Mt. SAC Relays/NCAA *Results *Schedule *Live Video Stream *Heat Sheets *Sea Ray Results *Other NCAA Results
Results The 2011 US outdoor season unofficially heated up for the first time on Friday night in Southern California, as US star Shalane Flanagan edged collegiate star Sheila Reid in the 1,500m (4:11), Russell Brown blitzed a 53.84 last 400 to catch Chris Solinsky in the 1,500m as both pros ran 3:35 to NCAA champ Miles Batty's 3:36 (Matt Tegenkamp 3:40, video on right),
American record holder Molly
Huddle held back a challenge from Jenny Simpson in the 5,000m (15:10) and Aaron Braun held off a fast-closing Jorge Torres in the men's 5k.
More: *53.84 Last Lap Gives Russell Brown Victory Over Chris Solinsky At Mt. SAC *BYU Release On Miles Batty's 3:36.25 Not mentioned in the release is the fact that Batty came within .41 of the American collegiate record and within 1 second of the collegiate record. *LRC MB: DID SOLINSKY JUST RUN 3:35? *Jenny B got OWNED
*Jeff Demps 9.96 With 2.4mps Wind
2nd-Year UCLA Coach Loves Dual Meets, Deserves Praise For Keeping UCLA/Oregon Dual Meet Alive
Mt. SAC Men's 1,500m Video (Russell Brown And Solinsky) *Meet Results
Kara Before Boston: "The person who finally delivers is going to be a hero." (More Boston Here)
Ryan Before Boston: "While I don't need to go with every surge, I do need to keep myself a little closer." (More Boston Here)
London Race Director Dave Bedford On The Men's Field At London (With Hi-Def Race Footage)
Desiree Davila Ready For Boston (More In-Depth Here)
Texas Relays Photo Gallery (That's The Final 100m Of The Men's Mile Below)
Updated Carlsbad 5,000m Photo Gallery
Question Of The Day?
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Scheduling Rest Days - How Often?
- stress fracture twice in same bone in 6 months...HELP
- Coaching that once-in-a-career athlete
- Is there any point doing tempo runs if your event is 3200m or shorter? Let us just chime in with an emphatic yes.
- Anyone get sick or catch a cold right after a race???
Women's World XC In Photos
Men's World XC In Photos
The Greatest Comeback Ever?
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Wow, Lydiard training seems ridiculously hard
- best marathon improvement after age 40?
- How does "strength" differ from "speed" and "endurance" as a runner?
- "A runner needs a LT run every 2 to 5 days in order to not lose any aerobic ability."
Training Talk Is Back
Training Talk With New Marathon Star Stephanie Rothstein And Ben Bruce Stephanie lowered her marathon PR by over 10 minutes, skipping the 2:30s entirely, running 2:29:35 in Houston. And she's still got her sights on lowering it another 10 minutes. Textual recap coming later, but you can listen above or download the podcast here (1:30).
Last 250 (Or Full Race - Rewind It) Of Dejen Gebremeskel Outkicking Mo Farah In Boston With 1 Shoe
Save Some Cash
Two Of The Best Running Movies Of All Time (Don't Believe Us? Click Here)
Save Some Cash
- Long run, 25% of your weekly mileage?
- 5x1 mile repeats with 1:1 work/rest ratio, 10k time?
- Marathon Training Thread - Week Ending 10/17
- Could I break 33 mins. in the 10k based on this workout
- Does anybody here train using Daniels Running Formula
Universal Sports Back To Top