Quote Of The Day
“If I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been [in] and she’s in ‘okay Mary’ shape, maybe we match up. I don’t know. But if she’s in 2:17 shape, yeah I won’t be there. A lot of people would be like, Well if you had a major win, that means you could capitalize on that moment and keep going. But to me, I feel like I’ve done almost everything that I want to do. I have some unfinished business I’d say probably in terms of times. In the half marathon (67:51 PR) and marathon (2:21:14 PR), I could run much faster, I know that in my heart. But I’m chasing being like Meb and like Deena and having that win, having that title.”
– Shalane Flanagan speaking ahead of the 2017 NYC Marathon about trying to get a big city marathon title to her name before calling it a career.
- Get Your Picks in Running Warehouse NYC Marathon Prediction Contest
- Betsy Saina talks about why she switched from Jerry Schumacher and Patrick Sang
- Wilson Kipsang says he’s recovered well from Berlin and is fitter than when he won New York in 2014, what do you think?
- The Ego Coach
- Middle Class America......What are you going to do with your $3/day tax cut?
- Off season training, Please comment.
- How to maximize marathon training on 40-50 miles per week?
- When did you realize you were done racing competitively?
- Meb forgot running shoes, will not run NYC
- Geoffrey Kamworor plans to keep running on the track, says he can handle Eliud Kipchoge’s workouts in the marathon