Quote Of The Day
“It’s very sub-optimal to go into a U.S. championship and say, ‘Oh, I’ve only done, like, eight or nine workouts.’ That’s not typically what you would want to have happen, but it is fun from an athletic perspective, even for Jerry to see we do a workout and two days later, I’m a different athlete. … I was able to do a workout yesterday, some K repeats, that two weeks ago, I had a hard time running an 800 at that pace. Like, I was struggling. Then, it just felt really controlled yesterday … It’s just that kind of transformation. It’s fun to feel so much improvement with each day. I feel like I have a lot of momentum. Ideally, I would have one more month of preparation going into this race, but it’s kind of fun to just see, well, what can I do off of this? I know, personally, that things don’t have to be perfect for it to still go well.”
– Shalane Flanagan talking about her expectations ahead of the US Champs 10,000m after coming back from the back injury which kept her out of the Boston Marathon in the Spring.
- Official 2017 USATF Outdoor Nats Day 1 Live Discussion Thread
- That was the greatest 10,000m race I've ever seen.
- Galen Rupp Comes Up Short for USATF Title #9 - Then Blows Off The Media
- Dang. Trayvon Bromell and Tyson Gay both go home devastated in men's 100
- Nick Symmonds and Cas Loxsom go home DEVASTATED
- Cas Loxsom - Heartfelt Note after USAs / Moving back to Penn State to Finish Degree
- Donovan Brazier... Seriously?
- Scott Simmons' Group Had a Plan to Surge And Talk in Swahili During Race
- Drew Hunter: "Realistically long-term I think I a 5k runner."