Could Bolt Go Sub-5 In A Mile?
“The question is a good one. But those people on the [LRC message boards] are all distance runners who have no idea what they are talking about. If [five minutes] was the over/under, I’d mortgage my nonexistent house to try to bet up to six figures he was over that. He’s a total fast-twitch-muscle-fibre guy. To expect Bolt to be good at the mile simply because he is the world’s greatest sprinter would be like expecting a great three-hundred-and-twenty-pound N.F.L. offensive lineman to be good at playing running back simply because he’s a great football player. It’s ludicrous.”
– LetsRun.com’s Robert Johnson speaking in a New Yorker article asking how fast Usain Bolt could run the mile.
- Skydiver jumps without no chute, lands safely in net!!!
- Proof that our standard of living is decreasing: airline travel then and now
- Has anyone done heroin?
- First international beer mile, Corey Bellemore runs 4.34 world record!
- Bumping into annoying woman pedestrian "on purpose"
- Bix 7 Winner Silas Kipruto Attempts To Slap Competitor During Race
- Are there long term benefits to judicious heat training?
- Zane Robertson had death threats over speaking out over doping in Kenya