Quote Of The Day
“Alberto constantly said I should look like Kara Goucher and Genzebe Dibaba. He also said I should be 100 lbs with a low body fat percentage, but muscular. It was confusing and I found it mentally difficult when I had to lose weight and look like other runners when I was not them. It was a constant comparison battle. … I felt like weight was certainly a focus and embedded into the training process. I did witness Alberto weighing other athletes and criticizing their weight (both men and women). For me, it wasn’t always ‘less is better’ in terms of weight. I had a target weight that Alberto felt was ‘healthy’ but also ideal for performance and he wanted to do everything to help ensure I was at that (which was 100 pounds in his mind). I do wish things would have been different. I wish I sought more advice apart from the doctors and therapists that Alberto had available. At the time, I felt like I didn’t have a choice and I had to prove to him that I was getting healthy and gaining weight. I didn’t feel like I had much of a say and it was a ‘do-as-you’re-told’ type of culture. But at the time, I felt that Alberto had my best interests as an athlete in mind, and I had no reason not to trust him.”
– Tara Welling talking about her experience with weight management when she was a member of the Nike Oregon Project.
- Unnamed NOP pro on Mary Cain- “she’s such a wuss.”
- Chloe Cunliffe turns PRO
- Portland Prom - Nike Pros Hold An End of Season Prom
- NFL Lineman: I changed my body for sport. No man should have to.
- HS Phenom Nico Young 7x 1k 2:46 avg!!!!!!!
- Amazing: The Vaporfly Controversy Has Come To Cross Country - Vaporfly Wearing Teams Stun Fields at Northeast Regional
- Lauren Fleshman NY Times: “I Changed My Body for My Sport. No Girl Should.”
- Katelyn Touhy 15:36!!!
- Letesenbet Gidey runs 44:21 for 15k WB
- OSU 2020 CC nationals course.....seriously??
- Oklahoma State did not qualify for NCAA XC for first time since 2002. Which of the men team currently has longest streak?