Quote Of The Day
“I’m happy to be able to run not just an American record but to run 3:56 and get it by almost a full second was a bit of a shock, even though it’s been something I’ve dreamed of and have been working toward for so long. … I’m thrilled I got the American record in a race where I beat Jenny by a second over the last 100 meters. It makes it that much more meaningful that I was in a race with the other top American and was able to definitely beat her and set the record. I want to earn whatever I get.”
– Shannon Rowbury speaking after running 3:56.29 to break Mary Decker Slaney‘s 32-year-old American 1,500m record at the Monaco Diamond League meet last Friday. The LRC recap of the race is here.
- What time will Asbel Kiprop run in the mile in London on Saturday?
- Shannon Rowbury Fires back at Jenny Simpson
- Any chance of a DISTANCE Gold Medal at Pan Am?
- Wearing USA singlet: patriotic or disrespectful?
- Justin Gatlin tested 59 times by USADA since 2010.
- Minimum mileage for sub-65 half
- Chanelle Price: yet another poor women's pacing job.