Quote Of The Day
“If he thinks that he can get by with running 27-30 miles a week, well I’d like to see it. He’ll never be able to compete at the high level that he’s going to be expected to compete at¬†unless he puts in more mileage. Now you can run fast off of 30 miles a week, but you only can do it once or twice. But to find that consistency and step into the Olympics and go through rounds, [he needs to run more miles]. He did it at the NCAAs. That might happen. He’s so young and talented, he might get away with it. But now that the expectation’s on him, it’s going to become harder. And unless he changes his mileage, he’s going to have a problem with it.”
– American 800m record holder Johnny Gray¬†explaining why he feels the low-mileage¬†Donavan Brazier needs to run more miles. Gray says¬†Duane Solomon¬†can get as high as 80 miles a week and thinks Brazier needs at least 40-50.
- Sydney McLaughlin's HS has the craziest track I've ever seen
- Nick Symmonds 2018 Marathon: Guess his time
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen: threshold pace of 19,3 km/h (12 miles/hour)
- Transgender woman wins age group at Jax Marathon
- What's a good smaller town to move to that has lots of outdoors options, and is well-educated and beautiful?
- Selfish or Smart? Stanford RB says he won't play in Bowl game - wants to get ready for NFL draft
- Which one is easier to "just finish"? Ironman or 100 miler?
- Tracksmith's big break? Lorde sporting a pair on Instagram