Quote Of The Day
“There is no carbon plate in Laura [Muir]’s or Jemma [Reekie]’s spikes. It’s just a plastic plate. It has some of the foam that is in some of the new shoes. But it’s a normal looking spike and it is due to market. So Laura and Jemma’s spike will meet the new regulations in terms of plates and millimeters of foam. These spikes are not the carbon plated spikes referenced online in pics of patents.”
– Andy Young, the coach of British runners Jemma Reekie and Laura Muir, responding to speculation that the prototype shoes his athletes wore in Glasgow this weekend (where Reekie broke the Scottish 800m record with 1:57.91) would be illegal under World Athletics’ new shoe rules.
- How in the world is this possible? San Fran 49ers average 6.4 yards per carry yet lose Super Bowl
- Vaporfly madness continues. Australian, Japanese, Canadian, Korean and Namibian Half NRs all fall in Japan
- Japanese collegian Yuya Yoshida hops in marathon and debuts at 2:08:30 at Beppu-Oita Mainichi Marathon!!
- Cool Running is GONE
- Do you guys do your threshold work by time or miles?
- Which well known NCAA D1 distance programs are struggling
- Vegan cyclist and 17:30 Parkrunner Durianrider gets beaten up in the street
- lose weight by doing long runs of 15miles on empty stomache?
- Doing a high volume of very easy jogging? How much is too much to do daily in singles?
- Power Five Invite/Michigan - Mary Cain Back in the Mile (6th - 4:42.78)