Quote Of The Day
“On the topic of the 5K, [coach] Jerry [Schumacher] knew he wanted me to run at Heusden and have Shalane pace me. At the beginning of the year, he told Shalane, ‘You’re going to help Shelby break 15.’ Then as the season got going, he said, ‘Okay, let’s try to pace her for 14:50.’ Then it was 14:40…and then it was, ‘Let’s just go after the American record.’ And Shalane was like, ‘What the hell? You’re giving me no notice and I have to cram this fitness into three weeks to pace her to this time!’ She did an awesome job – I know she was scrambling and pretty nervous about it.”
– Shelby Houlihan talking about how the goal for the Heusden 5,000 steadily increased until the point they decided to go for the American record and she ran her 14:34.45.
- Watch Travis Tygart and Yuliya Stepanova talk doping at US Congressional hearing live today (July 25) at 2 pm ET
- Mary Cain withdraws from schedule 3000 on July 28th
- 4:46 mile, 10 years old.
- Pic in article on RWer Tom Bosworth CLEARLY shows 2 feet in air on WR effort
- Has MAKHLOUFI retired?
- Smashed my son's Xbox with a hammer as punishment. Now he won't talk to me. Not sure if I screwed up.
- After multiple VERY lackluster years, will Boris Berian get cut or reduced from $125,000 after his contract this year?
- Ryan Lochte receives 14-month ban from USADA for improper use of IV -- same thing USADA has tried to nail NOP for
- This is the workout that told Jerry Schumacher that Shelby Houlihan was ready to run the American 5000m record in Heusden.