Quote Of The Day
“I was coming off the best summer training of my life. … Ed was still a little overweight from the summer, and I had another mile to go, and I’d led this whole workout for him, and we’re on, like, Amazon Trail, and he’s running probably a 52-second quarter. And he’s like, looking back to see where I am. And I’m like, What an a–hole. I try to go with him and I can’t catch him. And this is a freaking tempo, and I have to keep going. After the workout, back at Bowerman, he goes, ‘What’s up, Bro? You die?’ And right then and there I was like, I don’t think I like this guy at all.”
“Later that season, I remember this one workout in particular, mile repeats, which Edward closed in something like a 4:18 mile. … It was one of the very few times in my career I was humbled. I usually have some sort of rationalization in my head for why something didn’t work out. But seeing Edward do that, and knowing I was in good shape and that I should be happy with how I was running, I just had to talk to Coach Powell about it. And he told me right then and there, ‘I thought Edward was gonna be pretty good, but I think he’s gonna be better than Lawi Lalang. You can’t worry about him, Parker.'”
– Recent Oregon alum and All-American Parker Stinson talking about Edward Cheserek‘s first season at Oregon. Stinson came into that 2013 season expecting to be Oregon’s #1 man as he “didn’t think [Cheserek] was all that good.” He quickly found out how wrong he was.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- Why are runners tired from a "long season" consisting of six races when soccer players and basketball players play t
- Athletics West Coach Dick Brown (Admitted to AW Athletes Being on Steroids but) told Suzy Favor she didn't need to dope
- Wada publishes suspended list!..Over half are italian
- Can the Lady Lobos win the individual and team NCAA XC Championship?
- High School XC Coaches and Attendance
- fastest someone can go purely off mileage
- Could RUPP be a better marathon runner than MO FARAH?
- High School Girls XC and crazy parents