It's Time We Revisit The Yuppie Vs. Blue Collar Runner Debate - Blue Collar People Rejoice, You Have A New Leader
- LRC 34-Year-Old "Regular Guy," Working Dad Khadevis Robinson Talks To LetsRun.com About Beating The World's Best In Rome KD has always been one of the best interviews in the sport, and now we feature him when he's on top of the world after his shock win in Rome. Robinson, who went to Rome in part last week as he wasn't sure he could even get a lane at the upcoming two US Golden League meets, has almost always worked in addition to running,
- A Brief Chat With NCAA D2 10k Champ Sarah Porter, Who Has Run Up To 135 Miles In A Week And Definitely Gets The Unofficial LetsRun.com Stamp As "Blue Collar" The NCAA in its brilliance almost kept Porter out of the NCAA champs because she donated money she won at a road race to a charity of her choice and not the race's. Porter is someone blue collar runners can appreciate, as she's run up to 135 miles in a week.
- Blue Collar 100% (But With Yuppie Gadgets & Resources) Before Figuring Out She Was Injured, Paula Radcliffe Was Worried She Might Not Have It Anymore The article also reveals Radcliffe may run the Berlin marathon.
News From Oregon
- Oregonian: Women's NCAA Meet Is Too Close To Call, With A&M, Oregon And LSU All Very Close
- Drug Cheat Justin Gatlin To Compete At Pre Classic Can someone tell us why Dwain Chambers - a man who admitted to doping and cooperated with the authorities - is still blackballed while Gatlin is welcomed with open arms?
- Update On "Vinny Strikes Again"
Portland's Alfred Kipchumba Was Tripped In Men's 10k And Not Advanced To Next Round, But Oregon's Boru Guyota Was Advanced Despite Not Being Knocked Over & Portland Coach Rob Conner Is Fine With The Ruling The NCAA apparently differentiates between locations and not rounds at NCAAs, as they are concerned with cost. The same thing happened to Kendra Shaaf of UNC, but since Schaaf also made it in the 5k, we don't know why they don't also let her run the 10k.
American Stars In The News
- We Hate Blogs, But This One Is Pretty Good: Ryan Hall's Sister Overslept Her Alarm - Missed Bolder Boulder Start Hall also gives insight into his training and has high praise for Bolder Boulder, as he says running into "CU's packed football stadium was epic. I promise everyone, it is nearly as good as running into the Olympic Stadium."
- Coach Bob Kersee Says Allyson Felix Most Likely Won't Double At Worlds The decision hasn't been made yet as he also added, "I don't have problems being greedy a little bit ... It still might happen."
- Meb Will Run Rock 'n Roll Half At Home In San Diego This Weekend
Olympic Ticket Update
- A Politician We Actually Like: London Mayor Misses Out On Olympic Tickets Most politicians would demand VIP freebies.
- Triple Olympic Cycling Champion Doesn't Get Tickets Either - Says Kids Will Have To Watch Him On TV
- Seb Coe - Everything Is Working As Planned With Tix
Get Off The Computer And Go For A Run - June 1st Was National Running Day
LRC The Week That Was Last week, Usain Bolt shocked the world by barely winning, whereas Khadevis Robinson shocked the world by winning convincingly, World XC champ Imane Merga picked up the track season right where he left the XC season, and two female stars trying to rebound from sub-par 2010s had totally different results, as Maryam Yusuf Jamal shined and Sanya Richards-Ross struggled. Paula Radcliffe returned after an 18-month hiatus and struggled as well. Along the way, the NCAA regionals were held and Vin Lananna complained about the format even though his men and AJ Acosta greatly benefited from it. Along the way, Jos Hermens may have jinxed his star pupil Yenew Alamirew, who turned 21 last week.
2011 Pre-Classic Is This Friday/Saturday *Pre Start List
- Our Prayers Have Been Answered!!! Galen Rupp Planning On Racing 10,000 On Friday Night Alberto Salazar says that unless Rupp's allergies act up, Galen is in the men's 10,000 at Pre!!! LetsRun.com is officially very, very excited. Every since the Friday night races were announced, we've been thinking to ourselves, "This is crazy. The greatest 10,000 ever to be run on US soil is going to take place at the Nike Pre Classic and not a single American man in his prime, particularly one of Nike's studs, will be running. Come on guys let's stop 'saving it for Zurich'! At least Abdi's got some cojones." We're glad to see Rupp does as well!!! MB: Rupp in Pre 10,000!
- David Oliver Ready To Resume Rivalry With Liu Xiang At Pre Classic Oliver comes across as a class act as he's full of prasie for his rival Xiang, whom he says is "the greatest hurdler of my generation."
- Sports Illustrated: With Bolt Absent, South African's Controversial Stars Caster Semenya And Oscar P. Will Take Center Stage At Pre
- Tirunesh Dibaba To Defend Prefontaine 5,000m Title Against A Loaded Field Of Challengers Shalane Flanagan and Sally Kipyego are in the field, but they'll be hard-pressed to be top 5, as the field also includes 2009 world 5,000m champion Vivian Cheruiyot, 2009 world 10,000m champion Linet Masai, 2008 Olympic steeplechase champion Gulnara Samitova-Galkina.
- Recommended Read: A Brief Chat With Khadevis Robinson Robinson says he went to Rome last week as he thought he migh not get into Pre or adidas but now he's on the Pre start list.
- Bowerman Mile Will Feature 6 Of Top 10 Milers In World & 10 Who Have Broken 3:50 Or Its Equivalent Meanwhile, Ryan Gregson will be in the "B" mile once again.
News From Overseas
- Paula Radcliffe Is Upbeat About Her Chances: "I know deep down if I'm healthy I can still get in (to contention)."
- Friends & Relatives Of Sammy Rejects His Mom's Pleas For Head Of Burial Team To Step Down
- Men's 200m and 10,000m, Women's 5,000m and 10,000m Highlight National Track And Field Championships - Entry Lists
- Back From EPO Ban, Texas-Based Kiwi Liza Hunter-Galvan To Race Marathon In NZ This Weekend Can someone please tell us why EPO doesn't automatically result in a lifetime ban? There is no way to accidentally take it.
- "Mentally Stronger" Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce On Backup From Doping Ban
Paula Radcliffe Returns To Action After 18 Months Away
Paula's Return Is A "Bit Of A Disaster" & Results In Tears At Finish The marathon world record holder hadn't raced in 18 months and her much-anticipated return to action went horribly wrong. A tear in one of the discs in her back resulted in her generating no power and running
a slower pace for 10k than
she'd like for a marathon (33:17). Radcliffe: "I didn’t have any power."
*IAAF Recap Of Bupa London 10,000 - Jo Pavey And Mo Farah Win *MBoard: Paula third Mo wins
*Radcliffe Rules Out World Champs And Reveals That In Addition To Back Problems She Has Been Hampered By Bronchitis, Which Flared Up Her Asthma
*Radcliffe: Back Problem Keeps Me From Training On The Track
*Recommended Listen: BBC Audio Interview Of Teary Radcliffe, Who Says She Was "Embarrassed" But Explains Her Medical Problem Radcliffe says her track sessions had been a struggle, but her road sessions had been good.
*Racers Give Olympic Course A Thumbs Up It's interesting note that this says the Olympic marathon will be run at 11 am to placate Japanese and US television audiences.
*Pavey Will Decided On World Championship Marathon In Next Few Days Did we even mention that Brit Jo Pavey won the race?
Pre-Race: Paula Radcliffe Returns To Action Monday At BUPA London 10k
2011 Bolder Boulder *Elite Results With Mile Splits
US Women Use Slow-Start Strategy To Finish Surprising 2nd As Ryan Hall Runs 30:29 Amy Hastings (34:19) led the US women with a 4th-place showing individually in a race that was dominated by Lineth Chepkurui (32:29). James Carney (30:16) was the #1 American man over Ryan Hall (30:29), as Crescent City winner Belete Assefa won in 29:22. For comparison's sake, in 2008,
Hall ran 30:07 at Bolder Boulder. MBoard: Bolder
Boulder Race Coverage
*Pre-Race: US Women Were Actually Strategizing For A Win *Ryan Hall Back At Bolder Boulder, But With More Reasonable Expectations
*Recommended Read Q&A With Bolder Boulder Founder Frank Shorter Shorter talks about his most courageous race and says he still runs an hour every day.
Lab Director Says Lance Armstrong Didn't Test Positive But Admits There
Were 4 Suspicious Tests And He Has No Idea If Those Belonged To Armstrong Or If The UCI Followed Up On Them Correctly (Although He Assumes They Did) He also admits he did meet with Armstrong to talk about EPO testing in 2002.
*Swiss Lab Director Agrees To Help Investigators
- US Hammer Thrower Fails Second Marijuana Test - Gets Banned For Year
- Bolota Asmerom Calls For Tougher Doping Rules We like his suggestions: 1) Lifetime bans 2) Forced payback of all prize money. 3) Erasure of all performances for whole career. 4) A Dopers Wall of Shame. But we have no idea why marijuana is banned.
LRC John Kellogg Explains How He "Predicted" The Unpredictable - A Sub-2:03:59 In Boston LetsRun.com's coaching guru explains the rationale behind his non-prediction that is making waves around the globe. Years of timed out-and-back and straight-shot tempos with the wind in Waco, Texas (and other windy Texas venues) proved invaluable to his understanding the effects of the wind. JK took a stab at converting the Boston performances by Mutai and Hall to London and Berlin and even reveals what would happen if the Boston Mutai raced the London Mutai.
The Sport Loses A Legend *Grete Waitz's NYC Marathon Results
Grete Waitz Loses Battle With Cancer Waitz is best known for being a 9-time New York City Marathon champion, a class act, and a pioneer in the sport, but she also was a 4:00 1,500m runner and an 8:31 3,000m
runner. As a kid, watching her on ABC win
NYC every year was one of the site founders' earliest running memories. She will be missed. Thanks to Leo Kulinski for the photo. Another one here.
*Pay Your Respects In This Thread
Virgin London Marathon *Watch Full Race On Demand *Photos
LRC Emmanuel Mutai Runs The Best 10km Ever In A Marathon To Destroy The Field & Arrive As One Of The World's Best
A lead pack that was a who's who of marathoning went through 30km together, but soon the race would be nothing but a coronation for Emmanuel Mutai, who destroyed the field with a 28:44 4th 10k and ended up with a 2:04:40 course record. Almost as big of a story as Mutai's
incredible run was the fact that the 2nd placer ended up being one of the all-time greats - Martin Lel - who shocked even himself in his first marathon since Beijing 2008. American Jason Lehmkuhle was the only elite American finisher as the three rookie American marathoners went out too fast and blew up - none worse than Mo Trafeh, who ran with the lead pack for 15 km.
LRC Women's Marathoning Has A New Star Named Mary Keitany Keitany knocked nearly 10 minutes off her personal best and knocked Liliya Shobukhova off her pedestal as the best in the world, as Keitany ran the first sub-2:20 since 2008 and made mincemeat of "undoubtedly" of the strongest women's field in London history. All together, a record 22 women broke 2:30 - but that didn't include US Olympian Magdalena Lewy-Boulet.
April Fools News
Tokyo Marathon: A Legend Is Born *Photos
Hailu Mekonnen Wins, Japanese Amateur Yuki Kawauchi Runs Amazing 2:08:37 For 3rd And Faints At Finish Yuki Kawauchi's story is amazing.
A 13:59 5ker and 29:02 10ker, he has a full-time job and has stayed away from the Japanese collegiate and professional system, yet he stunned all of Japan with a 2:08:37 run. Dreams do become reality.
*On The Boards: 13:59 5k, 29:02 10k Japanese AMATEUR Runs 2:08:37 at Tokyo Marathon and Passes Out
The 10 Best High School XC Runners Ever
LRC Week That Was: The 10 Best High School XC Runners Of All Time, Verzbicas, Tribute To Gary Reed, The NY Times & The NE Patriots And More We've got the entire running world covered from San Diego to Japan, from the high school ranks to the pros, and even talk about the NE Patriots and the NY Times.
Three Recommended Reads Because All Three Articles Are Very Entertaining And Are About More Than Running
1) Molly Huddle And Kim Smith To Both Race In New York The Weekend Of 2011 ING New York City Marathon Huddle will race a new 5k the day before the 2011 ING New York City marathon, whereas Smith will run the marathon (as well as an upcoming 10k, which is good news, as she's almost healed after being injured in Boston).
hoping that Huddle was going to run the marathon as well - many Americans will be skipping fall and spring marathons to get ready or recover for the Trials. Please click on this article to see who won the Tug of War Contest - Huddle or Smith.
2) As AJ Acosta's College Career Comes To An End; He And The AJ Nation Will Be Leaving Behind A Huge Legacy At Oregon This article is a fantastic recap of AJ's impact at the U of O. The writer clearly understands AJ as well as LetsRun.com, as he called AJ "perhaps the most quotable individual in any Oregon sport." That certainly has to be true. However, our favorite line of the story was this: "The denizens of the forums at LetsRun.com - the country's premier track and field website, covering professionals and amateurs alike - took to their keyboards." To read more about the AJ Nation, click here or here.
3) AP: Wallace Spearmon Wants In On Tyson Gay/Usain Bolt Rivalry At 200m Spearmon, who currently is hurt and swimming as an Achilles injury heals, wants in on the biggest rivalry in track and field. Spearmon: "When we first started off, there was Bolt, Tyson and myself. I beat them, they beat me." The article also talks about his Twitter fight with NFL star Chris Johnson, who responded to Spearmon with the classic line of: "Beat bolt then holla at me."
Important News From Kenya
- The Intrigue Gets Bigger & Bigger As Doctors Visit Wanjiru's House And Then One Says: "This is not a simple matter." Doc: "He landed on his legs and supported himself with his hands. Where did the injury on the back come from? We could turn into fools if we don't ask ourselves this question." That's a good question. Our suggestion - fly an expert in.
- Good News: World Record Holder David Rudisha Says Injury Is Gone And He'll Be Back In Action On June 30th Even better news is that Rudisha said he could have competed in Rome last week but he wanted to be safe.
Australia's Leading Men Get Some Much-Deserved Publicity
- From Fat Drinker To World Beater, Ben St. Lawrence Is Now Dreaming Of An Olympic Medal "I want to sneak into a medal, upset the formbook with the supposed invincibility of the Africans."
- Aussie Jeff Riseley Is Riding High After 2:16 1,000
- The Real Reason We've Been Pumping Up Jeff Riseley The Last Few Weeks - Riseley Blogs His Love For Dirk Nowitzki Please don't post love for LeBron on the message boards or it will be deleted, as LRC was founded by Dallas natives.
Ostrava: Bolt Wins Again With 9.91, Veronica
Campbell Brown Blasts 10.76 PR Usain Bolt got the attention like he always does and ran 9.91 for the second time in a week, but this time into a headwind. Veronica Campbell Brown (VCB), however, had the performance of the night. She blasted a 10.76 100m. Last year, she had the top 100 and 200 times in the year despite racing infrequently. Dayron Robles got the win in the short hurdles and LJ van Zyl continued his winning ways in the long hurdles. Bolt didn't win by
but he was much happier with this race than his
season opener. "I had a good first 50 metres and as long as I get to 50
meters first, I'm not going to let you pass me." Some great distance action also took place, as Paul Kipsiele Koech ran 8:02 in the steeple as,
Aussie Jeff Riseley just missed setting a national record in winning the
1,000 in 2:16.75, and reigning world silver medallist Meselech Melkamu won the women's 10,000 in 31:14.
*New Hammer World Record Holder Betty Heidler Remains Unbeaten
*Reuters Recap: Slow-Starting Bolt Wins
*Oscar P Disappoints With 46.19
Sammy Wanjiru Will Probably Be Buried On Wednesday According To His Wishes - Wanjiru Loved Wednesday, As He Supposedly Won Several Marathons On A Wednesday The only problem is Wanjiru never ran a marathon on a Wednesday from what we can tell. Meanwhile, the article also says his Mom has asked for a lawyer to be removed as the head of his burial committee, as she represented Sammy and his wife in matters and is biased.
Recommended Read/Free Coaching Advice
Struggling AJ Acosta Tells How He Was Able To Qualify For NCAAs In 1,500 After Finishing 7th At PAC-10s - "I treated (regionals) as the NCAA final." We like this article, as it provides great advice to up-and-coming mid-d runners. AJ apparently share some of our same beliefs about mid-d racing. Remember: 1) It always opens up and 2) Don't kick too early. "I didn’t want to make the same mistake I made at PAC-10s, which was all-out with 300 meters to go. I kind of closed my eyes a little bit and was telling myself to be patient, something will open up, because I didn't want to swing out to lane three. I told myself just be patient, it will open up, it will open up, it will open up."
Now That Johnny Mac Is Retired, Phil Hersh Asks: Is Kelly Amonte Hiller The Best Coach In Any Sport At The NCAA Level?
Weekend Action *Hengelo Photos *Hengelo Results *Senegal Results
Jamal Runs 4:00 World Leader In 1,500m, Dayron Robles Shows It's A 3-Man Battle In 110 Hurdles With 13.07 Win This is always one of the better non DL meets, but the withdrawal of Kenenisa Bekele and David Rudisha with injuries hurt. *Results
Senegal: Caster Semenya Wins In 2:00.61, Prefontaine Up Next *Results
Comrades: Stephen Muzhingi Becomes First Man To 3-Peat, Elena Nurgalieva Recovers From Fall To Beat Her Twin Sister
Hypo Götzis: World Champs Jessica Ennis And Trey Hardee Dominate Heptathlon And Decathlon At Götzis
Canada: Taylor Milne Sets Canadian 2,000m Record Of 5:01.37
- Marathon: Kenya's Laban Moiben Defeats Ethiopia's Dereje Abera By 3 Seconds To Win $20,000 At Ottawa Marathon
- 10k: Deriba Merga Loses Gender Challenge To Dire Tune At Ottawa 10k
- Sponsorship: Why Doesn't Canada's Biggest Marathon Have A Title Sponsor? Kudos to the race organizers for being able to continue without the sponsor.
Rome Diamond League *Results *Photos *IAAF Recap
LRC: Usain Bolt Nips Powell, Khadevis Robinson Storms From Last To First To Shock The World In 800 47,000 fans and a worldwide television audience
were focused on the
Usain Bolt-Asafa Powell showdown and it did not disappoint, as Usain Bolt - who said he was nervous for the first time ever - overtook Asafa Powell in the final meters. The surprise of the evening was
the men's 800m, where
8 time US champion, 34-year-old
Khadevis Robinson put on a stunning display the final 250m, going from last to first to win (video here). Last year, KD was rabbiting Golden League races, now he's winning them. In other action, Allyson Felix went sub-50 to defeat Sanya Richards-Ross in the 400 and world XC Champ Imane Merga showed his great finish in the 5,000m, running 12:54 and throwing down the gauntlet to Bernard Lagat, whom he'll race in 25 weeks
in NYC. Sara Hall had a 9-second PR to get a Worlds and Olympic qualifier in the steeple and Christin Wurth Thomas led the women's 1,500 at the bell before finishing 6th in a qualifying 4:03.72.
- Bolt On Rome: "I was so nervous. I got a bad start and then kind of started to panic."
- The Guardian: Five things we learned from the Rome Diamond League meeting
- On The Boards: Khadevis Robinson beats start studded Rome 800m field to win in 1:45.10
- Allyson Felix Defeats Sanya Richards Ross In 400 In Rome AP
- IAAF Recap Of Rome Golden Gala Meet
Time To Learn Some T&F History - 40 Years Ago, Jim Ryun & Marty Liquori Ran A Dream Mile In Philly & It More Than Lived Up To The Hype
- Recommended Read #1 NY Times: 40 Years Ago, Track Was At The "Front And Center" Of America's Consciousness, But Today We Are Indifferent (& Millrose's Move Proves It) 40 years ago, the US public was very much into the Dream Mile rivalry of Marty Liquori and Jim Ryun. "Forty years on, it's hard to imagine the average American giving a second thought to any track rivalry, never mind debating it on sports radio. That is probably why the move by Millrose, uptown and perhaps into obscurity, has been met with barely a shrug. It deserves better."
- Recommended Read #2 The 40th Anniversary Of The Dream Mile Between Marty Liquori & Jim Ryun Passes With Hardly A Whisper From The Media A couple of good quotes from Liquori: "I guess, as they say, things were a lot different in those days. There was no ESPN. Everyone watched the same events. It was a very focused thing for the nation to see that race. The buildup had been coming for two years ..." "Perhaps the thing that made it so unusual is sometimes big rivalries rarely live up to the buildup. They just don't pan out. But the two of us separated ourselves and literally sprinted almost all-out from 600 yards out."
"The Road Of Death"
Feature On Somali Runners Training Each Day On "Road Of Death" For London 2012 (Video) The video shows how some Somali athletes avoid gunfire each day to realize their dream of competing and winning at the 2012 Games. *LRC MB: Top Video on MSNBC Is Feature on Somali Runners Training Each Day on 'Road of Death' For London 2012
Boston Marathon *Live Boston Thread *Women's Reaction *Men's Reaction
*Video Highlights *Weather *Photos
One For The Ages In Boston: Desiree And The Fastest Marathon Ever Run "Unbelievable" is probably the best way to describe the 2011 Boston Marathon. First, American Desiree Davila, off the back of the lead pack multiple times, was gutsy as hell, battling for the win with Caroline Kilel down the final straight. There were 4 lead changes on the final straight before Kilel came out on top. In the men's race, American Ryan Hall ran 2:04:57 and lost by nearly 2 minutes. Yes, ladies and gentleman, Geoffrey Mutai and Moses Mosop ran faster than anyone else ever before the in the marathon, 2:03:02 and 2:03:06 respectively, thanks in part to 20 mph tailwinds. Mutai cemented his status as the strongest runner on the planet with the win. We give you some post-race comments below but purposely are holding off discussing the wind.
2011 World XC *Results *New Women's Race Photos *New Men's Race Photos
LRC: Shalane Flanagan Gets Bronze The Olympic bronze medallist and ING NYC Marathon runner-up ran a stellar race to snatch the bronze versus a star-studded field. Flanagan appeared to be dropped with 2km to go, but dug deep to stay in contention and battle back for the bronze. World 5,000m champ Vivian Cheruiyot pulled away from World 10,000m
Linet Masai for gold. The American women did very well to get a repeat bronze medal.
Men: Imane Merga Blasts Away From Four Kenyans In Sprint To Win The Kenyan men dominated the team competition and had 4 of the top 5 guys in the pack for the sprint the final 400m. However, the lone Ethiopian - Imane Merga, the Diamond League 5,000m champion - got the win the Kenyan nation wants most every year. Ben True was the first American in 36th, as he and fellow Ivy Leaguer Max King were America's two best.
Sad News: Sally Meyerhoff Killed In Cycling Accident The two-time All-American and US Olympic Trials qualifier as well former US champion at 25km was killed on Tuesday in a cycling accident at the young age of 27 while she trained for the Ironman World
Championship. *LRC MB: Sad News: Sally Meyerhoff Killed in Accident
*Abc15.com Article With Video On Meyerhoff's Death
*More Sad News: Florida High School Track Athlete Sarah Landauer Dies After Collapsing At Practice
Photos Of The Week
- Jerry Buss Track & Field Photo Album Buss, the 77-year-old owner of the Lakers, is notorious for dating much younger women, and in all the photos of him at USC track meets the last two years, he's seated next to a much younger woman. Surprised no one has discussed this on our forums. No doubt Phil Jackson is upset. *LA Lakers Owner Jerry Buss Is Track Fan Who Knows The Name Of Oregon Sprinter English Gardner
- African 10k Champ Wilson Kiprop Wins 10k In Iten In 28:55 Be sure to check out the photo of the timing clock being powered by a car battery.
KD Wins 800m In Rome (More Here)
Usain Bolt Nips Asafa Powell (More Here)
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Lydiard vs magill vs malmo for summer cross country training
- Couple questions about summer training?
- Peter Snell Interview and his thoughts on Lydiard training
- Sprinter to Distance : My quest to run sub 2
Everyone Might Want To Watch 60 Minutes On Sunday
George Hincapie, Like A "Brother" To Lance Armstrong, Reportedly Testified Armstrong Doped A day after Olympic champ (and liar and cheat) Tyler Hamilton said Lance Armstrong doped, George Hincapie, who is like a "brother" to Lance, reportedly
told the grand
Lance doped. This is big news because many, including just today The Ticket (a top 5 sports radio station in America), said if someone who was more credible like Hincapie came forward, it would bear more weight.
Tyler Hamilton Confession Letter He explains to his friends why he lied for so long.
Remembering Sammy Wanjiru (News On Events Surrounding His Death In Left-Hand Column)
LRC RIP Sammy Wanjiru: The World's Greatest Marathoner Has Died Yesterday in the article above, we paid tribute to Sammy's incredible career and now athletes, journalists, and industry insiders are all paying their respects to the incredible marathoner Sammy Wanjiru.
- Excellent Read: Toni Reavis - "I am Sammy Wanjiru!" Well worth a read. Quote of the day.
- Brett Larner With A Fabulous Compilation Of Quotes On Sammy Wanjiru's Life, Career And Death Well worth a read as well. Gives you a good sense on the Japanese influence on his marathon career and his mental toughness.
- Kenyan Runners In Iten React To Sammy Wanjiru's Death
Train Smarter (More In Our Training Forum)
- Questions about Summer of Malmo
- SHORT REST INTERVAL TRAINING WITH DANNY HENDERSON 1983-1984
- Summary of Renato Canova principles
- Staying motivated when you want to stop
- 2 long runs + 2 workouts a week
- Workout Heroes vs. Workout Zeros
Stanford Photo Gallery
London 2011 Photos
Boston (Updated Photo Gallery Below) *Recap Analysis: *JK On The Wind *Wejo On Desiree *Rojo *London And Boston *Video Highlights
Desiree Davila Pure Guts
Women's World XC In Photos
Men's World XC In Photos
Train Smarter (More In The Training Forum)
- Wow, Lydiard training seems ridiculously hard
- best marathon improvement after age 40?
- How does "strength" differ from "speed" and "endurance" as a runner?
- "A runner needs a LT run every 2 to 5 days in order to not lose any aerobic ability."
Universal Sports Back To Top