Quote Of The Day
“When tradition collides with ambition, tradition doesn’t stand a chance. That’s been the story at the University of Oregon for as long as I’ve been in Eugene. The school’s tradition, which it will dust off and drag out of storage on occasion, often gets upstaged by a singular desire to be bigger and better than everyone else. … Traditionalists, as usual, can take a hike. Oregon doesn’t make a habit of asking the general public how to spend Phil Knight’s money. When you write the checks, you call the shots. Love it or hate it, Oregon fans are getting a track facility that has everything anybody could want, except for the historic qualities of the old one. … For fans and alums who get sentimental about old buildings, Oregon has a clear message: Get on board, or get out of the way.”
– The Register-Guard‘s Austin Meek writing about the unveiled plans for the new Hayward Field which involve tearing down the stadium and putting a modern 12,000+ seat one in its place.
- Check Your Scores For The Boston Marathon Prediction Contest - 1 Person Got Both Winners
- Paula Radcliffe's WR could go down this weekend, what questions would you like us to ask her this weekend?
- Bowerman Crew Running Bryan Clay Meet Thursday & Friday - Clayton Murphy Running Mt. Sac This Weekend
- Guerrouj wasn't the best
- Does anyone not stretch at all before workouts/races?
- Steve Scott is retiring from Cal State San Marcos
- New Hayward Design Thoughts
- Kawauchi turning pro!
- Ran 2:48 in Boston on Monday, what would be an equivalent performance in a flat course with decent weather?
- Boston Postrace Shitshow
- If you ran Boston Monday - post about your experience here
- Thinking of quitting running-help