Quote Of The Day
“On the question of doping, you can’t have, as my organisation, the IOC, has, say you have ‘zero tolerance for doping … zero tolerance … ooh, unless maybe it’s Russia.’ I think we fumbled the ball, pretty seriously, leading up to Rio. Were I the President of the IOC, I would have been down on my knees saying to Richard McLaren, ‘Thank you, that’s a very very competent, thorough investigation.'”
“… Nothing scares these old folks as much as athletes getting organised – so don’t [athletes] stop doing that. … The problem is that you’ve got a whole bunch of people out there who don’t want [anti-doping] to work. And, if we’re in the business of being provocative, I would lay most of that blame at the foot of the International Federations. The prime directive in most IFs is not ‘How can we advance the sport for the benefit or present and future athletes?’ It’s, ‘How can I get re-elected as President?’ And you don’t get re-elected as President if you start to try and change things…so the result is ‘denial, denial, denial.'”
– Former WADA president and IOC member Dick Pound talking about the IOC and other sports organizations’ failures to properly combat doping.
- Foot Locker Watered Down This Year
- The Officially Unofficial Lane vs. Tuohy Thread
- Alabama DESERVES to be in the playoff, and here is WHY!
- Local marathon won last year in 2:34 but has 2:25 cutoff for elite corral
- Winter Mileage Question
- Fastest last 400m of a 1500m-10000m race ever?
- Laura Muir is awesome
- What's with the normies who go down to their local HS track just to walk laps?
- Usain's Bolt and the barmaid.
- If you’re being redirected on your phone to other sites while surfing the LetsRun.com forums click here