Weekly Review - A Look Back At The Women's Action At USAs *Results *LRC Video Interviews *Check Your Scores *LRC Thursday Photos *LRC Friday Photos *LRC Saturday Photos *LRC Sunday Photos
Women: LRC The USAs That Were: Mary Cain, Jordan Hasay, Brianna Rollins And Treniere Moser Impress We take a look back at the women's action
at USAs. From the two teen phenoms to the incredible Jenny Simpson, who might have been able to win 4 events at USAs, we are full of praise but leave the most for Brianna Rollins.
Men:LRC The USAs That Were: Brandon Johnson, Leo Manzano And Tyson Gay Impress, Robby Andrews Disappoints, Nick Symmonds Runs Fast But Loses, And A US Medal In Every Distance Event? We tell you who had the biggest breakthrough in the short term and long term, on the track and in the field, we worry about Robby Andrews, praise Nick Symmonds and rave about the fact that the US men could medal in every mid-d/distance event in Moscow.
*More Post-USAs: UCF Sophomore Octavious Freeman Going Pro After Finishing Runner-Up In The 100 At US Champs As She Signs With Icon Management According to this article, a part of the reason she'll be passing up her remaining 2 years of eligibility is UCF coach Caryl Smith Gilbert is leaving for the University of Southern California.
*Who Is Actually On The US Worlds Team? Uncertainty In Some Events Will Last Until The Window Closes On July 20th As Athletes Chase Standards
*Coach John Drummond Thinks A Healthy Tyson Gay Can Win Championships Even Against Bolt Drummond: "You're now seeing the Tyson of 2007. You're seeing a mature, focused, committed guy who's been through a lot of issues and (injuries), one after the other. It can be heartbreaking, but he stayed the course and stayed focus. The end result is what we see right now."
*Rick Suhr Sees Yelena Isinbaeva As World Champs Favorite
*USTFCCCA Looks At 2013 Collegians' Performances At USAs An unexpected highlight had to be Ryan Hill making it in the 5k.
- Spanish Distance Runners Arrested In Drug Bust Getting Caught With Anabolic Steroids, EPO And HGH Three of the four include former national 10,000m champion Ricardo Serrano and Álvaro Lozano.
- Brit MD Runner Lynsey Sharp Admits Doping In The Sport Among Her Rivals Almost Made Her Quit She finished 2nd in Euro 800, but was upgraded to 1st after Russia's Yelena Arzhakova tested positive. Sharp: "It definitely crossed my mind a couple of times - what's the point in doing this if that's what I'm up against? But I've worked so hard, I've been in the sport since I was eight and I'm not going to give up because somebody else is doing something they shouldn't be doing. It's encouraging that I was able to compete against people like that."
New adidas Shoe Features Plastic Springs They supposedly are designed to increase energy return and propel a runner forward.
Weekend Results You Likely Didn't See
LSU's NCAA Champs Natoya Goule Of LSU Was Star Of Day 3 Of Jamaican Champs As She Broke 2:00.00 For 1st Time At 1:59.93
*Bazu Worku (2:11:14) And Sarah Kiptoo (2:26:31 CR) Won Grandma's Marathon
*2:25 Wins NZealand Men's Marathon Champs
*Christine Ohuruogu's Relay Heroics Not Quite Enough To Secure Win For GB At European Team Championships
*GB Finished Third
*Russia Won Team Title, Germany 2nd
*Veterans Were Key To Russian Team Success
*Jessica Ennis-Hill Still Injured, Pulls Out Of Another Meet
- 1997 TDF Winner Jan Ullrich Admits Doping
- Related? Brad Wiggins May Never Do TDF Again Even Though He Won Last Year
2013 USA Outdoor Champs *Results *LRC Video Interviews *Check Your Scores *LRC Thursday Photos *LRC Friday Photos *LRC Saturday Photos *LRC Sunday Photos
Men's 5,000: Bernard
Lagat Outkicks Galen Rupp To Win The Men's
1,500m 5,000m The men's 5,000m was extremely slow for a high school race until the final mile when it became very fast. It was set up perfectly for the 38-year-old former miler Bernard Lagat, who is healthy and with his speed in 2013, and national champion once again. NC State's Ryan Hill was the big surprise in 3rd. Recap/analysis/results/interviews.
OTB: A Hypothetical: What IF Lagat Is 27 And Galen Is 38?
LRC Women's 5,000: Jenny Simpson Gets The Win In Her First 5k In Two Years Over American Record Holder Molly Huddle, As Rowbury Guts It Out for 3rd Jenny Simpson was the 1,500m World Champion in 2011, but we don't think she's ever been running better as a pro at this time of year, than she is now as she won the 5,000m title over American record holder Molly Huddle. Miler Shannon Rowbury appeared cooked with 300m to go but had a furious final 200m to get 3rd.
OTB: Shannon Rowbury Deserves Huge Props For That 5k Today
LRC Sunday Photos
- Sunday USAs On The Boards:
- DADDY CAN STILL KICK - Lagat OBLITERATES Rupp
- Ryan MFin Hill!
- Is Will Leer kicking himself for not running the 5000m?
- Leading, pushing the pace and winning - Simpson, 800 winners, Jager - Just today. Leading's often good.
- ABBEY GOES HOME DEVASTATED
- Gay Steps on Line in Semi and Not DQd?
- Wisco Coach Mick Byrne on USATF Not Filling 5000m Field: "Someone in USA Track and Field is not doing their job, it's that simple."
- Sunday Post-Race Interviews
Saturday Sprints/Field: Brianna Rollins Breaks Gail Devers' American Record, Lolo Jones Goes Home As 3 Women's American Records Set Rollins was just .05 off the world record. Michelle Carter broke the American record in the shot put and Amanda Bingson got the hammer on Day 3.
- HJ: Brigetta Barrett Sets World Best 2.04 But Does Not Attempt American Record In HJ
- LaShawn Merritt Wins 400m, Michael Tinsley Gets 400m Hurdles
- Illness Keeps New Pro Kori Carter Out Of Hurdles Semis Ato Boldon said she was a gold medal threat.
- Tyson Gay Wins His 200m Heat At USATFs
- Former World 100m Champ Lauryn Williams Retires *Photo Of Williams In Final Race
- LRC Photos
Saturday Non-USAs *US Half Results
- Kenyan Champs: Geoffrey Mutai Wins 10,000m At Kenyan Champs, May Run It At Worlds IAAF It was also announced Abel Kirui and Wilson Kipsang will not run the Worlds marathon. The Kenyan Champs are separate from the Kenyan Trials next month for Worlds.
- US Half Champs: Mo Trafeh Over Meb Keflezighi, Adriana Nelson Over Desi Davila Meb and Desi continue to take positive steps coming back from injury. $12,000 for the winners. More on Nelson's first USA title here.
- Euro Team Champs: Farah 50.89 Last Lap In A 14:10 5k
- Dai Greene Upset At European Team Champs
- T&T: Kelly-Ann Baptiste Runs 10.83 At T&T Champs
Gay Is Back: 5 Years Since Last Crown, He Wins USATF 100m Crown Over Gatlin In 9.75 Gay overcame a bad start to defeat Justin Gatlin in a quick 9.75. Nice read by SI's Tim Layden. *Race Video
LRC Friday Photos
- Lolo Jones Runs 12.50 Stadium Record In Semis, Brianna Rollins Runs Wind-Aided 12.33 She also talks about the half empty stadium.
- Former Oregon Ducks English Gardner Runs World-Leading 10.85 Too Win USATFs *Race Video
- Mixed Reviews From Sprinters On Running Into Mat At End Of 100m
- Ashton Eaton Taking It Easy In Decathlon As He Has Tendinitis *Video Highlights Of Eaton
- Iowan AJ Kruger Wins Hammer
- Mary Cain An Effervescent 17-Year-Old
- Usain Bolt Wins Jamaican Champs In 9.94 Into Wind, Asafa Powell Fails To Qualify
- *Jamaican Trials Results *Jamaican Trials Photos
- Dayron Robles Will Not Run Worlds As Dispute With Cuban Federation Continues
- Brits At Euro Team Champs This Weekend
- Lemaitre: "It's about my speed, not my skin colour."
- Former World Record Holder In Decathlon, Roman Sebrle, Retires
Day 1 USA Coverage
For The Thumb: Galen Rupp Gets His 5th Consecutive US 10k Title After Ritz Shakes Up Race A resurgent Dathan Ritzenhein said he believed he was going to win the 10,000m title on Thursday night, but Galen Rupp tossed those beliefs aside as he won his 5th straight USATF title as Chris Derrick got third. Recap, results, analysis and post-race video interviews.
*RRW *Full Race Video
Ritz: "I really believed I was going to win the race ..." He talks about getting faster, being better than Rupp and Farah at the longer stuff and the sub-27 bucket list.
LRC Thursday Photos (link fixed)
Jordan Hasay Joins Nike Oregon Project
Al Sal will be coaching her.
LRC Women's 1,500: Does Mary Cain Make It To Moscow? What About Past Champions Uceny, Rowbury Or Moser? Picking the first two is easy. The question is who wins, and who gets third?
*South Bend Tribune: No longer the miler to beat - Uceny battling to return to elite form
*Competitor.com Profile Of 2-Time Cancer Survivor: Gabriele Anderson Continues Beating The Odds
*After Not Setting A 1,500 PR For 7 Years, Treniere Moser Is Having A Breakthrough Year After Switching Coaches To Alberto Salazar
LRC Women's Steeplechase Preview: With Defending Champ Emma Coburn Out, Moscow Spots Are There For The Taking Picking the first two is easy. The question is who wins, and who gets third?
*Star Tribune: Minnesota Steeplechaser Jamie Cheever Aims For Spot In World Championships With Coburn injured, Cheever has the top seed after her big 22-second PR (9:29) at Stanford earlier this year.
*Carrie Tollefson Interview With Cheever
LRC Women's 800 Preview: Montaño, Martinez And Then Who? Picking the first two is easy. The question is who wins, and who gets third?
*RRW: With Help From Coach Joe Vigil, Brenda Martinez Confident Going Into USA Championships
2013 Pre Classic *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
Friday Night: Women's 800: LRC Phoebe Wright Gets The Win, Ajee Wilson's Winning Streak Comes To An End And Gabrielle Anderson PRs Wright ran 2:00.85 as Wilson was 3rd (2:01.24).
Friday Night: RRW/LRC Rabbits Falter, Kenenisa Bekele Outkicks Merga For 27:12 Win The 13:18 first 5k never materialized. In the end, Bekele was better than everyone else over the last 200 but he's got some work to do to scare Mo Farah.
Men's International Mile: LRC James Magut Wins, No HS Sub-4 As Will Leer Gets Top American Honors, As Andrew Wheating Runs "Scared" It was a little windy and the times disappointed, but the post-race interviews with Leer, Wheating and Montoya certainly didn't as they were full of insight.
Men's National 1,500: LRC Men's National 1,500: Garrett Heath Wins, Chris Solinsky's Lacking Speed And Alan Webb Struggles But Is Happy Garrett Heath got the win, but our focus in what was basically the "C" heat was firmly on the two Olympians and American record holders (one former, one current) in Webb and Solinsky. Neither ran fast. Webb was next-to-last in 3:45, but even more stunning than that time was the fact that the famously impatient Webb, who is on his fourth coach in four years, was very upbeat afterwards. *Alan Webb Interview
This Week And Looking Ahead: Ostrava, Birmingham, Hasay/Erdmann Record Attempt
- Thursday: IAAF Ostrava Golden Spike Preview: Kenenisa Bekele Will Try To Go Sub-13 In The 5k While Tirunesh Dibaba Is In The 10,000 Mohamed Aman is in the 800 (David Rudisha pulled out as he's still dealing with the injury that held him out of Pre), Bahrain's former 2-time World champ Maryam Jamal is in the 1,500 and Milcah Chemos (she'll
face Russia's former Olympic champ Gulnara Galkina) and Conseslus Kipruto highlight the steeples. Kirani James is in the 400, Asafa Powell
in the 100 and Yelena Isinbayeva and Renaud Lavillenie vs. Bjorn Otto highlights the PVs.
*Sally Pearson Says She's Healthy And Read To Run Fast This Year After Coming Back From Her Second Hamstring Tear She'll race in Ostrava against GB's Tiffany Porter and the Birmingham DL meet against Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells on Sunday. She's apparently feeling confident in her fitness as she talked about defending her Worlds title and getting close to the 12.21 WR this year.
- Sunday: Stacked 5k Highlights Fields Which Include 30 Olympic Medalists At Birmingham DL: Mo Farah Faces Hagos Gebrhiwet, Yenew Alamirew & 2011 World 10k Champ Ibrahim Jelian Other action includes Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce vs. Carmelita Jeter in the 100, Christine Oburuogu vs. Amantle Montsho in the 400, Felix Sanchez, Michael Tinsley, Javier Culson and Dai Greene in the 400H, Greg Rutherford vs. Dwight Phillips in the LJ, Robbie Grabarz vs. Mutaz Essa Barshim and Jesse Williams in the HJ and Aries Merritt in the 110H.
- Monday: Duane Solomon Making A 600m WR Attempt At The Jerome Classic In Canada On Monday The current WR is held by his coach, Johnny Gray (1992 Olympic bronze winner and US 800m record holder) at 1:12.21. Solomon's PR is 1:15.70, which he set January indoors.
- July 17th: Jordan Hasay And Tara Erdmann Will Make Their Male-Paced 10k Standard Attempt In Portland The IAAF "A" is 31:45 and the "B" is 32:05. If they both get the "A" or if one gets the "A" and the other the "B," both will make the team.
Recommended Read: Marathon Everyman: Yuki Kawauchi is a world-class athlete, a full-time government clerk, and a Japanese national hero. Could he change the way we think about running? "Unlike the smooth and outwardly impassive professional runners, Kawauchi grimaces, and his arms flail. He appears to be struggling, yet he hangs on, often collapsing at the finish. Even so, he insists marathon running is 'fun.'"
Geoffrey Mutai Feeling Fit And Wants To Be On Kenya's Worlds Team For Moscow After Running A 27:55 10k At Their National Championships He says if he's not selected for the marathon squad, he'll run the 10k at their trials since he wants "to be remembered for what I did for my country."
2-Time Olympic 100m Champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Embracing The 2013 After Winning It At The Jamaican Trials She says running the 200 this year has made her better in the 100 and her coach thinks she'll go sub-22 eventually.
US Youth Champs/World Trials
- USATF World Youth Trials Day 1 Recap
- MileSplit World Youth Trials Coverage Courtney Corrin won the LJ with 20-11.
- Jaiden Woodbey Wins His 4th Straight Multi-Event Title At US Youth Outdoor Champs
- Unlike Al Sal, Ajee' Wilson's Coach Derek Thompson Takes A Low Profile
- Former 100 WR Holder, Check Fraudster And Heroine Dealer Tim Montgomery Is Out Of Prison And Has Booming Speed Academy Business NUMA Speed Never Underestimate My Ability has grown by word of mouth to 60 clients, including baseball and football players.
- Unbelievable: Javelin Thrower Riley Dolezal Went Into USA Seeded #14 With 74.22m PR, Left With 83.50 PR And USA Victory Even better, he hit the IAAF "A" standard to the centimeter.
- If You Can't Develop Sprinters, Just Get Them To Switch Countries: 2012 World Jr. Champ (20.27) Delano Williams Switches Allegiance To GB, Will Run Worlds In 2013 His native Turks and Caicos Islands isn't recognized by the IOC. He trains in Jamaica with Bolt.
- Bolt Tweets Encouragement To Asafa: "Don't give up bro.. Keep the [email protected],"
- Kelly Ann Baptiste Runs 22.36 And 10.83 PRs In Trinidad
USATF Saturday *LRC Sunday Photos *LRC Saturday Photos *LRC Check Your Scores In The $20,013 Contest
LRC Mens 800: Duane Solomon Goes Wire-To-Wire To Run World-Leading 1:43.27 To Stop Nick Symmonds' Streak Of US Titles
At Five Solomon, Symmonds and Brandon Johnson all delivered on the big stage as the US has great medal prospects in this event. After,
Symmonds talked about his streak ending and trying to do the 800/1,500 double in 2016.
More: Oregonian *Register-Guard: "Nick Symmonds' 800-meter reign runs its course."
OTB: Anyone else happy Solomon took down Symmonds?
LRC Women's 800: Alysia Montano Wins Her 5th Straight National Title, Holding Off A Fast-Closing Brenda Martinez Martinez made Montano work every single step of the way for US title #5 in a row as World Junior Champion Ajee Wilson went sub-2:00 for the first time to make the Worlds team.
OTB: Montano is One of My Favs
LRC Steeple Evan Jager And Dan Huling Go 1-2 In Steeple For Team Schumacher De'Sean Turner was 3rd as the training partners Jager and Huling were too good over the final 800.
More: Evan Jager And Dan Huling Go 1-2 In Steeple For Team Schumacher Oregonian
Sunday Men: Tyson Gay's World-Leading 19.74 Caps Final Day As Aries Merritt Makes Hurdles Team Tyson Gay is the world leader at 100m and 200m now. World record holder Merritt made the team after coming back from injury. As he said in this post-race interview, he only did two hurdle workouts before this meet.
*MB: Gay Steps on Line in Semi and Not DQd?
LRC Sunday Photos
Sunday Women: Kimberly Duncan Upsets Allyson Felix In 200m At USAs Jenn Suhr won and so did Jenny Simpson and Alysia Montano. We hope you know that from our LRC recaps.
- Adam Nelson Gets His 2004 Victory Lap 9 Years Later
- Erik Kynard Wins High Jump In His First Meet As A Pro
- A Look At Des Moines As A Host City Compared To Eugene
Non US News
- Boston: Stephen Sambu, Mamitu Daska Win 2013 BAA 10k Former Providence star Kim Smith ran 33:34 and she's still on track to win $100,000 showing this is the easiest $100k in the sport. Sambu's on track for the $100k as well.
- Lelisa Desisa Returns His Boston Medal To Boston Mayor To Honor Bombing Victims
- Jamaica: Warren Weir Runs 19.79 To Win Jamaican Champs In case you missed it, Bolt won the 100 on Friday. Weir's celebration at the finish is getting some attention. It was nothing crazy.
- Hansle Parchment Twists Ankle In Bad Lighting On Warmup Track At Jamaican Champs
- Euro Team Champs: Brits 3rd At European Team Champs
- Britain's New Wave Of Youngsters Does Well Independent
LRC Mary Cain's Going To Worlds: Treniere Moser Just Edges High
School Star Mary Cain
link updated 17-year-old Cain nearly won the race, but was passed by training partner Treniere
in the final meters. Shannon Rowbury and Morgan Uceny both failed to make Worlds.
More Cain: SI's Tim Layden On 17-Year-Old Mary Cain Booking Moscow Trip And 21-Year-Old Brianna Rollins Crushing Gail Devers' American Record Cain had veins of ice on the track but the pressure started to get to Cain between the prelims and finals off the track as she called her mom and cried and then called coach Alberto Salazar Saturday morning freaking out.
*Oregonian On Moser And Cain *RRW
LRC Medal Threats Centro And Leo Go One-Two link updated Matt Centrowitz held off Leo Manzano, and Lopez Lomong was third as an emotional Andrew Wheating was DFL. Recap, analysis, and post-race reaction/video.
LRC Four Years After Breaking Her Foot At World Trials, Nicole Bush Goes Wire-To-Wire In Steeple Ashley Higginson got 2nd for Coach Gags, and Shalaya Kipp picked the perfect time to have her best race of the year for 3rd. Bridget Franek struggled the last lap in the heat.
LRC Day 3 Photos
Saturday On The Boards:
- How does Manzano do it?
- Wheating 4:01.55
- Why was the women's 1500m so slow?
- No American Man has the "B" Standard in the 1500
- Matt Elliot just missed World's by .2 Lamong is lucky!!!
- Can Centro win worlds?
- No LOLO in Moscow
- BRIANNA ROLLINS AMERICAN RECORD!!
- USATF steeple womens final
2013 USA Outdoor Champs *LRC $20,013 Prediction Contest - Change Your Picks *Check Your Scores In The Contest *Thursday Photos *Friday Photos
LRC Men's 800m Semifinals: Symmonds, Solomon, Johnson, Mulder, Jock ... The Favorites Advance To Set Up A Stellar Final Nick Symmonds goes for his 6th straight
USATF title on Sunday and
his hands full. OTB: Interesting comment by Nick Symmonds about David Rudisha after semifinal
LRC Women's 800: Alysia Montaño And Brenda Martinez Still Look Good; Maggie Vessey And Phoebe Wright Go Out Brenda Martinez showing some Joe Vigil strength with a negative-split sub-2:00 800m.
LRC Friday Photos
LRC 2013 USATF Men's Steeple Prelims, Jager, Leslie, Huling Impress Jager talked about the rest of his 2013 season, which will include only a steeple at Worlds.
RRW Day 2 Recap: All The Favorites In The Men's And Women's 800s And Men's Steeplechase Advance To Sunday's Finals
*RRW: Working Together, Brannon Kidder And Cas Loxsom Enjoy 800m Success Both went out today in the 800 semis.
LRC Men's 5,000 Preview: Galen Rupp, Bernard Lagat And Then Who? Lopez Lomong would appear to be the guy - assuming doubling back from the 1,500 isn't a problem.
LRC Women's 5,000 Preview: Last Year's Race Was Truly Epic; Let's Hope for An Encore Shalane Flanagan, Jenny Barringer and Molly Huddle. It doesn't get better than that.
Flanagan A True Champion, Jordan Hasay Impresses, Kara Goucher Wilts In Heat Flanagan dominated, Kara Goucher wilted in the heat, and new Alberto Salazar teammates Jordan Hasay and Tara Erdmann
finished 2nd and 3rd. Recap, results, post-race reaction. *RRW *Oregonian
LRC Non-Distance Surprises In The 400s: Sanya Richards-Ross In, Jeremy Wariner, Nellum Out On a positive note, 2012 Olympic champ Sanya Richards-Ross seems to finally be on the comeback trail from injury as she won her heat.
*Carmelita Jeter Pulls Out Of 100m With Quad Strain, Will Get Bye Into Worlds
*Tyson Gay, Justin Gatlin Cruise In 100m Qualifying
*IAAF Recap Of Thursday
LRC Thursday Photos
- USATFs Thursday Flash On The Boards: Flanagan (with the A), Hasay and Erdman
- Rupp, Derrick, Ritz or True - Which One Goes Home Devastated?
- TRUE GOES HOME DEVASTATED
- Robbie "MF" Andrews
- Ken Goe Reporting: Salazar will set up a 10k race to ensure Hasay and Erdmann get 10k Standards for WC's
- Just yesterday I thought Jordan Hasay should retire and now here she is today making her first Olympic team.
Non-USA News / Jamaican Trials
- Usain Bolt Runs 10.00, Asafa Powell Runs 10.02 At Day 1 Of Jamaican Trials
- Mario Sategna (Not Pat Henry) Named Coach Of Combined UT Program
- Sally Pearson To Return To Action This Month
- Janeth Jepkosgei To Still Focus On 800m This Year
2 Reviews & 1 Book Excerpt From John McDonnell: The Most Successful NCAA Coach In History
LRC Book Review By Former Hog Marlon Boykins: "Two Thumbs Up:"
book is full of insight into the hard-working, team-first ethos that
made us such a successful." We had two people review the book, including the 1:47 man Boykins, who was at Arkansas at the pinnacle of its heyday. "It was a self-contained UBER-COMPETITIVE atmosphere ... the sprinters, jumpers and distance guys all trying to show which group reigned supreme ..."
Book Excerpt The Legendary Story Of The 1989 Penn Relays DMR, Where 4 Kids From Arkansas, Texas And Missouri Beat 4 African Olympians And The Olympic 1,500m Champ The 1989 Mount St. Mary's Penn Relays DMR team featured 4 African Olympians, including 1988 Olympic 1,500m champ Peter Rono. John McDonnell's Arkansas squad featured 4 kids from Texas, Missouri and Arkansas. A legendary motivational speech by McDonnell and Joe Falcon on the anchor made for one of the great upsets in Penn Relays history. Read all about it in this excerpt from the new John McDonnell biography.
LRC Review #2 John McDonnell D2 Coach Torrey Olson We had Olson, who has an MFA in creative writing, give his take. "It's got a lot to offer anyone interested in an incredibly sustained passion for the both the sport and the profession."
Saturday: Mary Cain Makes The Team (Hundreds Of Video Interviews Here)
NCAA Saturday Photo Gallery (Friday Here, Thursday Here, Wednesday Here)
2013 Rome Diamond League Photo Gallery: Down Goes Bolt! (Link Fixed)
Saturday Pre Photo Gallery Friday Photos Here
Updated: Now 160+ Photos 2013 adidas Grand Prix Winners Photo Gallery
Think The Sub-2-Hour Marathon Is On The Horizon? Think Again
LRC The Myth Of The Sub-2-Hour Marathon The mainstream media thinks it may be close but in reality most people reading this will be dead when it happens.
*Science of Sport's Ross Tucker agrees: Pacing, fatigue and the brain. Lessons from London.
*MB: Sub 2 Hour Marathon Discussion: My Thoughts and Yours
Blue Collar / Inspirational Runner Of The Week
LRC Meet Conner Paez: "Please don't cut off my leg. Please just don't amputate my leg. I can't lose my leg. I need to run." Two years ago, Conner Paez was on top of the world as a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania (8:16, 14:18). Then his life turned in a second as he was broadsided by a car while on his motor bike. The injuries were bad, very bad. He almost lost his leg, then some toes. Doctors told him he'd never compete again. What's he doing this weekend? Competing again.