The 2013 NCAA Championships Start Wednesday In Eugene *Men's Start Lists *Women’s Start Lists *Streaming/TV Info
LRC Women's Preview: 4 Out Of 5 Events Have Dominant Favorites In Natoye Goule, Abby D'Agostino, Betsy Saina And Emma Coburn As The 1500 Is Wide Open - Incredidbly
Tight Team Battle TFN projects the team battle 57 for Kansas, 56 for Oregon as the Ducks Oregon go for the coveted triple crown.
LRC Men's Preview: Elijah Greer, Pat Casey, Henry Lelei, Lawi Lalang The Individual Favorites As Texas A&M & Arkansas Battle For Team Title
*Coming In As The Indoor National Champion And An Undefeated Outdoor Season, OU's Elijah Greer Is Full Of Confidence Ahead Of NCAA 800 Greer: “In terms of being competitive and assertive, I absolutely want to see myself as the most dangerous athlete in the field."
*Chris Bucknam Hoping To Win Arkansas' Second National Title Under His Reign This Week In Eugene They enter the meet ranked second behind Texas A&M.
*Ken Goe Profile On University Of Portland Senior Jared Bassett Who Comes Into NCAAs Ranked 3rd At 8:36 After Only Having An 8:50 PB Before This Season
Also This Weekend In Oregon: Andrew Wheating And Matt Centrowitz Racing Portland Track Classic 800 On Saturday If you missed the previous announcements, Mary Cain will be going for the US Champs "A" Standard (15:46) in the 5k. (The high school record is 15:48 while the American Jr. record is 15:43).
Oscar P In Court Today (Tuesday)
- Oscar Pistorius' Case Has "Gripped The Entire SA Nation" As They Gossip On Everything From His Guilt To His Beard Detailed article reviews some facts of the incident (if you've forgotten since February or were living under a rock) and shares some new quotes from family and information on the case such as some of the prosecution's key witnesses.
*Oscar Pistorius: Guilty / Not Guilty? FB Page
*"#Pistorians": Females Defending Pistorius On Twitter They also tweet pictures of him commenting on his looks.
- Oscar P Court Case Today Will Only Be 10 Minutes; Will Be Postponed Until August
- Quick FAQ On Pistorius Murder Case Leading Into Today's Court Appearance
Pres. Jauqes Rogge Defends Procedure For Picking New Olympic Sport And Says Wrestling Won't Be At A Disadvantage Because They're Not "New"
"You don't go for a new one for the sake of a new one. Novelty is not the issue, quality is the issue."
- Britain's Brian Cookson Running Against Pat McQuaid As UCI President
Kenya's Bernard Koech Runs Fastest-Ever Half Marathon (58:41) In US History At Rock 'N' Roll San Diego Half Meb Keflizighi was in the race as was Deena
Kastor. Koech's first 10 miles were faster than anyone ever in America as his 44:47 is a new all-comers record - ahead of Haile G's 44:53.
*Reuters On Koech - Koech's 58:41 Won't Count For Record Purposes Due To Elevation Drop But his 10 mile record WILL count.
*Alberto Stretti's Play-By-Play Twitter Coverage Of Half Via Storify *AP Recap
*MB: Bernard Koech 58:41 Half in San Diego
39-Year-Old Claude Moshiywa Becomes 1st South African To Win "Up" Comrades Since 1992 The Nurgalieva twins went 1-2 as usual as Elena won her 8th title.
*Local Coverage Of 2013 Comrades
Yuki Kawauchi Runs And Wins Another Marathon - This One On Gravel In 2:18
Recap Of Australia's Most Difficult Race - Balmoral Burn - 420m Up A 14% Grade The 420m course up the steep street in the northern Sydney suburb rises approximately 60 metres in elevation at an average grade of 14%.
Jenn Suhr Vaults 15-7 (4.75) On Golf Course In NY
Daniel Kipkoech Wins Dam To Dam 20k In Des Moines, Iowa In 1:00:56 (Results)
Saturday: Lukas Verzbicas Runs 14:51 To Win 5,000 At Jim Bush Track Classic; Maggie Vessey Makes Season Debut With 2:03 800 Win Also at the meet was 2-time Olympic 400 hurdles champ Felix Sanchez, who was second in the 400 in 46.27 (Joey Hughes won in 45.84). Felix Kitur won the 800 in 1:45.87 as Charles Jock was 3rd 1:46.33. Kitur was also 2nd in the 1,500 (3:46) to Luis Gutierrez's 3:45.
*Austin Tamagno Sets Freshman 1,600 National Record He ran 4:09.69.
*Craig Miller Wins Festival Of Miles Mile In 3:59.23 As Top 3 Go Sub-4; Aaron Braun Was 6th In 4:01.43 USA Minnesota's Heather Kampf won the 800 in 2:01.96. Two days later, she won the Music City Distance Carnival 800 in 2:02.51. The mile there was won in 3:57.16 by Brooks' Matt Elliot as Olympic Trials steeple 4th placer Donnie Cowart (happiest 4th place finisher ever at the OT last year) was 4:01.36.
*World XC Champ Emily Chebet Earns Her Second Freihofer's Run For Women Title She won the Albany, NY 5k as 2004 Olympic 5,000 silver medalist Isabella Ochichi was 3rd (15:35). Past Olympic marathon gold medalist Joan Samuelson was second in the 50+ age group. Amy Van Alstine was the first American in 16:01. *Full Results
2013 Pre Classic *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
Friday Night: Women's 800: LRC Phoebe Wright Gets The Win, Ajee Wilson's Winning Streak Comes To An End And Gabrielle Anderson PRs Wright ran 2:00.85 as Wilson was 3rd (2:01.24).
Friday Night: RRW/LRC Rabbits Falter, Kenenisa Bekele Outkicks Merga For 27:12 Win The 13:18 first 5k never materialized. In the end, Bekele was better than everyone else over the last 200 but he's got some work to do to scare Mo Farah.
Men's International Mile: LRC James Magut Wins, No HS Sub-4 As Will Leer Gets Top American Honors, As Andrew Wheating Runs "Scared" It was a little windy and the times disappointed, but the post-race interviews with Leer, Wheating and Montoya certainly didn't as they were full of insight.
Men's National 1,500: LRC Men's National 1,500: Garrett Heath Wins, Chris Solinsky's Lacking Speed And Alan Webb Struggles But Is Happy Garrett Heath got the win, but our focus in what was basically the "C" heat was firmly on the two Olympians and American record holders (one former, one current) in Webb and Solinsky. Neither ran fast. Webb was next-to-last in 3:45, but even more stunning than that time was the fact that the famously impatient Webb, who is on his fourth coach in four years, was very upbeat afterwards. *Alan Webb Interview
Outside Coverage: IAAF Recap Of Day 1: Russia's Aleksandr Menkov's 8.39 Is Best LJ Since 2011
*Oregonian: Brisk headwind on the back straight plays havoc with men's mid-distances races at the Pre Classic
*Olympic Bronze Medalist Hansle Parchment Wins Prefontaine 110H In Jamaican NR OF 13.05
*Oregonian: Kenenisa Bekele wins 10,000 meters; records fall in other events
*AP Recap Of Pre Distance Night
2013 Pre On The LRC Message Board *Post-Race Video Interviews Already Up
*Official 2013 Saturday Pre Classic Thread
*RITZ IS BACK BABY!!!!
*Derrick came this close to being the #2 American at Pre
*Pre:5000m, How fast was Soi's last 200m?
*Ode to Kim Gallagher who had HS 800 record for 30 + years
*Mary Cain has unfair advantages - so unfair - professional coach. best faciilities
*This is it folks - Mary Cain is the greatest high school distance runner we have ever seen
*Will Mary Cain be the only American with every A-standard in the 800m, 1500m, and 5000m?
*"You Wonder if the Virus is Taking a Little Out of Mo's Finish"
*Jager will break the AR for the SC at Pre
Pre-Meet Pre News
Friday Pre On The Boards: Farah overrules Salazar on Pre race selection Ken Goe of the Oregonian
has the story here.
*Let's Hear It: Rupp Prefontaine Predictions
*None Of This Farah Maneuvering Makes Sense
UPDATE: Mo Farah Switches From 10k To 5k; David Rudisha Out Of 800 Bad news for distance fans as Farah has pulled out of Friday's 10k against Kenenisa Bekele (as was originally rumored here on Wednesday shortly after the annoucement for Bekele's request for pacing to a 13:18 first 5k) and will instead race the 5,000 against Galen Rupp and Bernard Lagat (still a good matchup). Rudisha has pulled out of the meet with a bone bruise.
*MB: Farah out *None Of This Farah Maneuvering Makes Sense
*Meet Director Tom Jordan: "It's just when you are going 26 laps against the world's best you want to be at the top of your game."
Wow: Pregnant 44-Year-Old Woman Wins Mt. Everest Marathon She ran the high-altitude course in 6:02. Her husband and son tried to convince her not to do it.
US News: Teg Does The Marathon?
- Good Read: Ben True Talks To RW About His Chances At Making The US Team For Moscow 2013 And Is Extremely Confident "I think I'm a top three guy any way you look at it. I'm very confident with my closing speed. At the end of the race, I think there are very few people who can run away from me ... I have the confidence to be able to run with everybody."
- RW Q&A With Matt Tegenkamp, Who Won't Be Racing US Champs This Year In Des Moines, But Instead Is Planning On Doing A Fall Marathon
- IAAF And IOC Officially Name Adam Nelson As The 2004 Olympic SP Champion Following Yuriy Bilonoh's Positive Drug Re-Test
- Do You Live In One Of America's Fittest Cities? In national survey, Minneapolis-St. Paul said to be fittest urban area.
- Transcontinental Relay Will Go 3,000 Miles From LA To Boston To Raise Money For Boston Bombing Victims
- Las Vegas Marathon Shifts From Early December Date To November 17th For Chance At Warmer Weather
Lance Armstrong In The News
- Interesting: USA Today Prints Ongoing Text Conversation Between Lance Armstrong And Betsy Andreu That Show Armstrong Avoiding Meeting Up To Apologize
- Nike Cuts Ties With LiveStrong Foundation
- Boston Marathon Bombing Victim And His Rescuer Honored At Boston Red Sox Game They are the two from this well known photo after the blast.
- Two Ultra-Marathoners Running From DC To Boston To Raise Money For Boston Bombing Victims They have raised over $52,000 so far.
adidas GP Men's Distance Recap (Rest Of Meet In Middle Column) *Results *LRC Winners Photo Gallery *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
LRC Men's 800 Even Rain Can't Stop David Rudisha; A Fall Robs Erik Sowinski Of Another Great Finish David
Rudisha won as expected and Erik Sowsinki's good form continued as Robby Andrews still is searching for the breakthrough.
Recommended Read: NY Times Writes Feature On Colm O'Connell And David Rudisha: Improbably, Missionary's Work Is To Mentor Kenyan Stars
*MB: Rudisha's SECRET revealed: time operates differently for him!
*Brit Andrew Osagie Wins Race For 2nd Behind Rudisha In 800m
LRC Men's 5k Hagos Gebrhiwet Establishes Himself As Mo Farah's Biggest Rival, Ben True Runs Well American Ben True's fine 2013 continued with a 4th place finish ahead of Dejen Gebremeskel.
*RRW Distance Recap: Rudisha Cruises Despite Conditions, Gebrhiwet, Aregawi, Frazier And Saarel Win
Dream Mile/100: DyeStat Dream Race Coverage: Ben Saarel Closes Last Lap In 56 To Win In 4:02.72; Edward Cheserek Was 3rd In 4:05.36, Andres Arroyo 8th (4:08.41) In the girl's dream mile, Wesley Frazier won in 4:39.17. Cameron Burrell won the boy's Dream 100 (10.40) and Ky Westbrook won the girl's race in 11.52.
*Duke Recruits Go 1-2-3 In New York DL HS Girls' Mile
*On The Boards: BEN SAAREL 4:02.78!!! *Andres Arroyo O U C H *Boy's Mile Race Video *Girl's Mile Race Video
LRC Post-Race Interviews: Men: *David Rudisha *Leo Manzano (talks about no Nike deal) *Ben True *Robby Andrews (might run 800 at USAs) *Erik Sowinski After Fall *Ibrahim Jeilan
HS: *Ben Saarel Dream Mile Winner *Bernie Montoya *Andres Arroyo
For Those Who Don't Think Genes Matter: HSer Cameron Burrell Wins adidas Dream 100 On The Same Track His Dad Leroy Set The WR At 9.91, Beating Carl Lewis In 1991 Burrell's father is a former WR holder and a 4 x 100 gold medalist from the 1992 Olympics. His mom also won a gold medal in the '92 Games running the heats of the 4 x 100. Yeah, good genetics matter.
- Maybe All Those Feel-Good Olympic Stories Aren't A Coincidence? Study Finds That Past Adversity In Life Might Make You A Better/Tougher Runner Today The study found that being exposed to stresses in your life "toughens you up" and lets you better deal with pain while competing.
- Study Looks At How Exercise Affects Sleep, And Vice Versa They found that morning workouts result in fewer wakings during the night compared to afternoon or evening runs.
Week #2 Of IAAF Season Is In The Books *Full Results *LRC Shanghai Photo Gallery (Videos In Race Recap Below) (Non-LRC Coverage Further Down Page)
LRC 2013 Shanghai Recap: Asbel Kiprop Pulls Off A Houdini Act, Do We Have A New King & Queen In The Men's Steeple And
Women's 5,000? Asbel Kiprop amazed, a new phenom emerged in the men's steeple and perhaps as well in the women's 5,000 & Francine Niyonsaba
dominated the women's 800. Plus lots of great sprint/field action with Kirani James, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Jason Richardson, and Chinese hero, jumper Jinzhe Li.
*IAAF Full Meet Recap
LRC Shanghai Photo Gallery
MB: Official 2013 Shanghai Diamond League Discussion Thread
News From Kenya (A Deceased Phenom In The News)
Anniversary Of Sammy Wanjiru's Tragic Death Passes - Mausoleum In His Honour Was Unveiled As His Lawyer Claims Agent Federico Rosa Has Stolen Money
Patrick Makau (2931) Loses To Peter Kirui (2915) At Administration Police Championships
2 Reviews & 1 Book Excerpt From John McDonnell: The Most Successful NCAA Coach In History
LRC Book Review By Former Hog Marlon Boykins: "Two Thumbs Up:"
book is full of insight into the hard-working, team-first ethos that
made us such a successful." We had two people review the book, including the 1:47 man Boykins, who was at Arkansas at the pinnacle of its heyday. "It was a self-contained UBER-COMPETITIVE atmosphere ... the sprinters, jumpers and distance guys all trying to show which group reigned supreme ..."
Book Excerpt The Legendary Story Of The 1989 Penn Relays DMR, Where 4 Kids From Arkansas, Texas And Missouri Beat 4 African Olympians And The Olympic 1,500m Champ The 1989 Mount St. Mary's Penn Relays DMR team featured 4 African Olympians, including 1988 Olympic 1,500m champ Peter Rono. John McDonnell's Arkansas squad featured 4 kids from Texas, Missouri and Arkansas. A legendary motivational speech by McDonnell and Joe Falcon on the anchor made for one of the great upsets in Penn Relays history. Read all about it in this excerpt from the new John McDonnell biography.
LRC Review #2 John McDonnell D2 Coach Torrey Olson We had Olson, who has an MFA in creative writing, give his take. "It's got a lot to offer anyone interested in an incredibly sustained passion for the both the sport and the profession."
After A Very Short Break, The DL Is At It Again In Rome on Thursday *2013 Rome Golden Gala Schedule, Results, TV and Streaming Information (2-4 pm ET)
LRC Meet Preview: An Incredible Women's 1500 Where Jenny Simpson Takes On The World's Best; Hagos Gebrhiwet Faces Mo Farah's Conqueror The women's 1500 and men's 5000 are spectacular. The winner of w1500 is certainly the gold medal favorite as 2011 world champ Jenny Simpson of the US (and Uceny) clash with Aregawi, Kipyegon and Dibaba. In the men's 5000, 19-year old world beater Hagos Gebrhiwet faces the man who beat Mo Farah in Eugene as five of the six sub-12:50 guys from 2012 clash. Plus a men's 800 with Duane Solomon and Mohammed Aman and a women's steeple.
*MB: Rome 800 Field: Aman, Kiprop, Kitum, Rotich and Solomon -
*Other Upcoming DL:
*June 13 Conseslus Kipruto Vs 2008 Olympic Champ Brimin Kipruto And 2012 Bronze Medalist Abel Mutai In The Oslo DL Meet Steeplechase
*June 30: Deep 400H Field Set For Birmingham DL Meet With The Top 4 From London Games In Felix Sanchez, Michael Tinsley, Javier Culson & Dai Gre Aries Merritt headlines the 110H hurdle field.
More From The Weekend
- RRW Pre Recap: Tirunesh Dibaba Complained About The Pacemaking As The Pacemaker Dropped Out At 4 Laps When She Thought She Was Going 6 US's Alexi Pappas went 600m and Sara Vaugn took Dibaba through 1600m in 4:37. Vaughn actually ran as fast as a pacemaker here as her last mile race (a 4:38.93 for 8th place at Re:Run Sandiego). Her PR is only 4:34 so it was physically impossible for Vaughn to run that fast for 2 more laps.
- New Comrades Marathon Champion Claude Moshiywa Says That South Africans Need An Attitude Adjustment If They Want To Keep Winning The Famous Ultra Even The 39-year old Moshiywa is extremely dedicated as he works full time for a bank and gets up at 3AM everyday to run 20-32k before work.
- US 2004 Olympic LJ Champ Dwight Phillips Has Another Bad Meet With Last Place At Pre, But Says: "I will turn things around when I need to turn them around." If you're worried about him making Worlds, don't. He gets a bye as he's the 2011 champ. He says this is probably his last outdoor season though as he probably will retire after the 2014 indoor season.
- UK's World Junior Chams Bronze Medallist Emelia Gorecka wins British Milers Club GP 5000 In 15:35
- UK Sprinters In Switzerland: Olympic Semi-Finalist James Dasaolu Gets World Champs "A" With 10.14 (In The Semis) Dwain Chambers ran 10.31 for 2nd in the final.
- Update On Ultramarathoners Who Are Running From DC To Boston To Raise Money For Bombing Victims (Have Raised Over 65,000 So Far) They were in Connecticut on Friday.
- IAAF Recap Pan American Combined Events Cup: Cuba's Yorgelis Rodriguez and Yordani Garcia Get The Wins
- EA News: No surprise that Czech 400 hurdler Zuzana Hejnova is running her way to the topShe just dominated the field at Pre.
*Russia's Ekaterina Strokova Broke 19-Year Old Discus MR At Terra Sarda in Cagliari With 60.21m
*31-Year Old Greece LJer Luis Tsatoumas Wins Meet In Kalamata
2013 Pre Classic *Friday Full Results *Saturday Full Results *Individual Event Results *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
Alysia Montaño Says She Was "Banged Up" Coming Into Pre And Thought Her Coach "Was Going A Little Crazy" Having Her Run "I felt my coach was a little crazy going into this; I've had a pretty hard last couple weeks."
*MB: Al Sal Says Pollen Count Too High For Rupp
Mary Cain's Father Says His Role Is To Help Her "Maintain Perspective And Keep Her Grounded" And He Doesn't Rule Out Her Running In College
Post-Pre Factoids: Pre Classic Got Higher Attendance Than NCAA Regional Baseball, Mary Cain Talks To UO Coaches Are we supposed to be happy that one of the sport's best professional events was bigger than college baseball games that couldn't even attract 3,000 when college teams play 50+ per year and Pre wasn't sold out despite stellar fields?
*MB: Possible NCAA violation? Oregon coach Maurica Powell had 'prolonged' talk with Cain after Pre
IAAF Full Meet Recap: Mutaz Essa Barshim cleared 7-10 1/2 HJ - the highest since 2000. LaShawn Merritt stunned Kirani James in 400.
*Oregonian: Mutaz Essa Barshim jumps 7-10 1/2, the highest bar anyone has cleared in 13 years
*Mutaz Essa Barshim's 7'10.5 Came In His First-Ever Meet Without His 67-Year-Old Coach "Stanley" Szczyrba In Attendance
LRC Women's 800: Mary Cain Breaks 2:00 As Francine Niyonsaba Dominates Niysonaba was fantastic and got a new meet record. Also running amazingliy was American Brenda Martinez, but both were overshadowed by the 17-year-old Cain.
*Oregonian: Mary Cain shatters 31-year-old national high school record
*Mary Cain Yahoo Photos
LRC Men's 5,000: Mo Farah Is Beaten By Edwin Soi As Galen Rupp Finishes Sixth Dathan Ritzenhein ran the 2nd-fastest time of his career and Chris Derrick almost took top American-born honors but Galen Rupp's pride enabled him to mow them down in the last 100m.
*Oregonian: Edwin Cheruiyot Soi hands Mo Farah his first loss in an outdoor final in almost two years at the Pre Classic
*Eugene Register Guard: Soi's saucy kick shoves Farah, Rupp aside *Register Guard Photo
LRC Bowerman Mile: Silas Kiplagat Steals The Race From Asbel Kiprop At The Line As 10 Guys Run 3:51 Or Faster Matthew Centrowitz and Lopez Lomong both ran 3:51 but wanted more as it's never fun to finish 9th and 10th.
LRC Men's Steeple: Conseslus Kipruto Survives Ezekiel Kemboi's Shove; Evan Jager 8:08 The men's steeple had everybody, including a mouth-watering dual between the future (Kipruto) and present rulers (Kemboi), that more than lived up to the hype. Evan Jager was right there until the last 250.
LRC Women's 5,000: Tirunesh Dibaba Survives A Scare From Mercy Cherono Dibaba won but boy did she have to work for it on the thrilling last lap. Kim Conley PRed to grab top American honors.
LRC Women's 1,500: Hellen Obiri Wins In 3:58 As Treniere Moser And Sheila Reid Run 4:02 Alberto Salazar's magic continued as the 31-year-old Moser crushed her 2006 PR.
LRC Men's 800: Mohammed Aman Dominates As Nick Symmonds Debuts In Third An encouraging race for both Aman and Symmonds, who are dreaming of gold in Moscow.
More Saturday News: *Valerie Adams' 3+ yr win streak continued - but only by barely (.03m)
Oscar P News
- Graphic: Photos Of Oscar Pistorius' Bloodied Bathroom Leaked To Press
- Pistorius's Family "Shaken" By Images No need to worry about jury pool being tainted as the judges decide things.
- Usain Bolt Being Criticized For Appearing In Picture With Pro-Cannabis T-Shirts
- Dwain Chambers - Bolt's Biggest Rival Is Bolt Himself "I think the biggest threat to Bolt is Bolt himself, that's the only thing that might let him down..The only thing stopping him is if he wants it enough. I believe he does."
- Scotland's Eilidh Child Sets New Scottish Record Of 54.93 In 400H
- Teddy Tamgho And Britain's Phillips Idowu To Clash In TJ On Monday
- AK Names "Probable" List For 2013 World Championships There will be the usual debates/issues with Kenyan pre-championship camps as they want all their athletes there on June 2nd, but most are racing/training around the globe and that will never happen, but they will get angry about it anyway.
- Look At Names On AK Provisional List For Moscow 2013: Include Rudisha, Ezikiel Kemboi, Asbel Kiprop And Wilson Kiprop (10k)
- Kip Keino Re-Elected As President Of Kenya's Olympic Committee (NOCK) Despite Facing Criticism Over 2012 Olympic Performance Paul Tergat was also re-elected to his position as athletes' representative.
- Athletics Kenya President Isaiah Kiplagat Was Crushed In The Election For NOCK Vice President By Kenya Swimming Federation Chairman He was pretty angry and said, "This is all tribal ... They are also afraid of me because I question everything and they have never wanted me there in the first case."
- Kenyan Opinion Piece: Why NOCK Team Were Bound To Retain Seats "Intrigues, backstabbing, horse trading and a whiff of blackmail are some of the highlights of the high stakes National Olympic Committee of Kenya polls."
Pros In The News: Caster Semenya Might Not Race In 2013, Japanese Marathoner Tests Positive
- Caster Semenya Might Not Race This Season As She's Not At 100% Fitness After Coming Back From A Knee Injury Her Coach Maria Mutola says contrary to the SASCOC statement (which said her funding was cut because she wasn't training) Mutola says she has been training, but says they are "a little bit behind."
- Japanese Marathoner Kaori Yoshida (4th Place In December's Honolulu Marathon) Gets 1-Year Doping Ban For Testing Positive For EPO She only got a 1-year ban because she supposedly took it by accident after receiving medication from a doctor for anemia.
- IAAF Profile On Canadian Multieventers Damian Warner And Brianne Theisen Who Won Last Saturday At The Hypo Meet In Gotzis Theisen got the upset win last week in a field that included Russia's reigning world champion Tatyana Chernova.
- Running Times Interview With US Road Mile Champ Kate Grace Reflecting On Lessons Learned In Her First Year As A Pro
- Michael Tinsley Named USATF Athlete Of The Week For Winning adidas GP 400H
IOC News: Track Gets Less Money, Wrestling Still Has A Chance
- Track Will Get A Smaller Share Of The Olympic Revenue From The IOC For The 2016 A Olympics As Swimming And Gymnastics Get A Larger Cut
*Olympic Revenue Distribution By Sport
- Wrestling, Baseball/Softball And Squash Shortlisted By IOC For Inclusion Into The 2020 Olympics A final decision will be made in a full membership vote in September. Karate, roller sports, sport climbing, wakeboarding and the Chinese martial art of wushu were eliminated yesterday.
Haile G's WR Track In Gengelo To Be Destroyed *Sign Petition To Save It (You Will Have To Confirm Your Signature Via Email)
- Dutch Track For The Fanny Blankers-Koen (FBK) Games Could Be No More As Officials Are Planning On Tearing Up The Stadium's Track And Turning It Into A Soccer Pitch This meet/stadium has been host to some historical track performances, including 4 world records by Haile Gebrselassie (at 5k, 2 miles and twice in the 10k) and Kenenisa Bekele's current 5K WR from 2004 (12.37.35).
- Haile G Tweets: "Don't throw away my World Record track! @FBKGames" *2nd Tweet
- Sign The Petition To Save FBK Stadium In Hengelo Dutch article here and here.
NYC adidas Grand Prix *Results *LRC Winners Photo Gallery *LRC Post-Race Video Interviews
*Results *IAAF Recap *RRW
LRC Non-Distance Action: Blanka Vlasic Returns With A Win, Tyson Gay Wins Again As Does Jenn Suhr, Favorites Christian Taylor And Brittney Reese Struggle Amantle Montsho somehow went sub-50 in terrible conditions.
LRC Women's 1,500: Aregawi Wins Easily As Expected; The Americans Miss The "A" As Morgan Uceny Improves Step in the right direction for Uceny and Rowbury.
LRC Women's Steeple: Lidya Chepkurui Gets Her Second DL Victory, Bridget Franek Impresses (link now fixed)
LRC Winners Photo Gallery
adidas GP On The Boards:
MB: Official 2013 adidas Grand Prix New York Thread
*BEN SAAREL 4:02.78!!!
*What really happened when Sowinsky fell
*Wariner's Back Baby!!!
*Just saw Leo Manzano in NY hotel lobby, he's been added to adidas GP 800 as has Brannen, Rutt and Lalang
*How Good Does Leroy Burrell's Son Get?
*The LetsRun.com Guarantee - No Sub-4 mile on Saturday. If there is a sub-4, we'll pay you $1,000.
(In Case You Missed It Over the Weekend) Occidental *LRC Oxy Recap *LRC 2013 Oxy Photos *OXY HP Live Thread
LRC Oxy Recap Mary Cain 4:04.62! Is Now Nearly 10 Seconds Faster Than Any Other American High Schooler
High school junior Mary Cain ran 4:04.62 for 2nd place to Katie Mackay to smash the American high school record. Cain is now nearly 10 seconds faster than any other American high schooler ever, and would be the #2 collegian of all time. Will Leer won the stacked 1,500m, but not officially, no men hit the "A" standard in the 1,500 or 5k, and Jenny Simpson PRed and Treniere Mosier impressed. Plus Webb,
and Solinsky in the 5k. *2013 Oxy Photo Gallery
*Post-Race Video Interview With Cain
*IAAF Recap: "Mo Farah Upstaged By US Prodigy Mary Cain"
Oxy On The Boards:
- MARY CAIN 4:04.62 IAAF A STANDARD!! *OXY HP Live Thread *Nick Symmonds wins OxyHP *Ritz looked great tonight *Bottom line: How many "A" Standard did Oxy Accomplish? *Prediction Of Day: Mary Cain will run under 4:06 tonight *Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?!
Two Recommended Reads
Recommended Read: Religion Blog: What Truths Does Iconic Image Of Boston Marathon Truly Capture? "Just as Jews pray to celebrate Passover 'next year in Jerusalem' and Muslims pledge to visit Mecca, marathoners want to 'run
*More Boston: Runners Start An Online Petition To Grant A Spot In The 2014 Boston Marathon To The 5,700 Runners Who Were Stopped Before They Could Finish More than 21,000 have signed; the BAA say they haven't made a decision yet.
RR#2: John Mayer: Western State's Ian Butler On Remarkable Run In Life's Goal To Succeed The D2 All-American suffered two brain injuries as a kid and has had people tell him he's retarded and the memory of a goldfish. Hanging out with the wrong crowd in 9th grade, he's now of track to be a college grad.