Quote Of The Day
“I don’t have tangible evidence on him (Eliud Kipchoge) being probably over 35 years but I competed with him in 2001 and he seemed quite older than me. I am 36 years old now, so I can reasonable assume he is older than that. I know a lot of Kenyans who faked their age including my own family members and neighbors. Benjamin Kiplagat (the Ugandan steeplechaser) is from my place and he competed at world junior championships when he was 28 years of age after obtaining Uganda citizenship. Moses Kiptanui is listed to be born 1970 but he was actually born 1968. Ezekiel Kemboi graduated from high school a year before me, so he should be at least 37yrs.”
– Kenyan runner Philemon Tanui talking in an email exchange with blogger Pat Butcher about the tendency for African runners to be older than they are on paper.
- Bosse suffers "multiple facial fractures" in a "violent assault" in casino parking lot
- 2017 NYC Marathon international field is out - Geoffrey Kamworor + defending champs lead the way
- > 30% of T&F athletes admit to doping in 2011
- I'm 29 and can honestly say I prefer being single to any relationship I've been in.
- Marathon training without LONG runs?
- People who sit in their cars at lunchtime, what is the deal?
- Video of Ingebrigtsen 1500m - blazing last lap
- Why do 17min 5k people do shakeout runs at 7:00 pace?
- Don't buy a New or Used car if you live around Houston -- formerly waterlogged vehicles being sold