Quote Of The Day
“I think Carl was having a bad day when he did this interview! Ultimately, people are going to look back in 30 years and note that I won an Olympic title – hopefully two Olympics titles. I can pretty much guarantee that top of their minds will not be the question, ‘Whose performances did Carl Lewis admire?’ as a barometer of success. … I don’t need validation from Carl Lewis and I don’t compete to please ex-athletes. My aims in life are simple; to be the best possible athlete I can be, cleanly, and to be a great father. Luckily for me, fishing for compliments from a retired athlete is not on my bucket list. … There is however one lesson I’ve learnt from Carl, and that’s to never attempt to sing our national anthem to a packed stadium!”
– Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford hitting back at Carl Lewis for his recent comments where Lewis called the state of the LJ “pathetic.”
*MB: Carl Lewis thinks Coe should (temporarily) step down and says current state of lj is “pathetic”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 USA Indoor Day 1 Discussion Thread
- Kiprop runs 1:44.70 TT at high altitude
- Boston- 70 degrees by noon at Heartbreak Hill. Anyone else concerned?
- Which will be broken first - Paula's 2:15:25 or Kobe's 14,481 missed shots?
- Siberian husky/australian cattle dog mix?
- Why does my throat hurt after the 800?
- What is ONE thing that is a pet peeve or annoyance to you?
- Are you in Boston for the marathon? Come to TrackSmith's Meter Magazine launch party on Friday night - 7 pm ET.