Quote Of The Day
Petr Stastny: “This format is likely to reward athletes who have the ability to perform under the most intense pressure. We think it will bring more drama to the field events as nothing will be decided until the very last performance.”
Tianna Bartoletta: “It’s not innovation but it is a mess. … They are sacrificing the athlete and their effort for the hope that a spectator is going to care about that moment of drama, when the entire long jump competition is dramatic. There are lead changes, different narratives and if the announcers at the meeting did a better job of relaying that to the spectators, we wouldn’t have to do these gimmick type things.”
– Diamond League chief executive Petr Stastny and Olympic long jump champion Tianna Bartoletta talking about the changes to the format of the LJ for the Stockholm Diamond League which will see a one-jump final with the top three jumpers from the first five rounds.
- Live Stockholm Diamond League post-meet video show at Noon eastern Sunday for Supporters Club members
- Why do the African elites wear crap watches?
- How dangerous is it to run a marathon in thick smoke? Pikes Peak Marathon is tomorrow and the air quality is HORRIBLE.
- Why are California and some other western states so bad at stopping fires?
- Professional surfer Laird Hamilton says Vo2 max can be increased by breathing through your nose
- Yo bro...Do real runners eat clif bars or are they just made for rock climbers and soccer players to eat?
- Guy tried to trip me while running - what is the best way to handle it?
- Centrowitz looks finished
- Slowest possible 200m speed for sub-4 miler
- VIDEO: Ryan Hall and Nick Symmonds attempt U.S. Marine Corp Fitness Test, includes 3-mile run