Quote Of The Day
“In the environment that I was in, I didn’t feel like I was happy. I think I lost the love for the sport when I started making it a job too soon – before I even went pro. And I think I put a lot of pressure on myself. In the environment that I was in, you’re surrounded by a lot of professional athletes who have already been to the highest stages and have world records and stuff. I just think I needed to step away from all of that and focus on myself and my event, taking it at my pace instead of trying to jump on board with everybody else.”
– Sydney McLaughlin telling Letsrun why she didn’t follow Edrick Floreal to Texas. Despite her great success at Kentucky, she didn’t feel happy in her training environment.
- New study by Pitsiladis et al: EPO does work on Kenyans living at altitude!
- If Kipchoge ran Dubai...
- As of today, would you rather have Galen Rupp's career, or Bill Rodgers' career?
- Is there such thing as talent?
- I need to live somewhere with low property taxes.
- Do you take complete rest days with no running? Is it essential?
- Negesa (2nd place and Adidas runner) ran Dubai in Nike Vaporfly Flyknits dyed red to (poorly) mask the Nike Logo
- Osteoporosis at 17 years old?!?!
- What was the lowest point of your life, and did you recover from it?
- Trying to find a list of hard things to accomplish