Quote Of The Day
“Part of it was because I kind of saw the sport just dying a slow and gradual death just because of the way it was presented. If you go to an average college meet, nobody in the crowd knows what the fuck is going on. … I see this huge disconnect between the spectators and the athletes and there’s very little emotional attachment. A lot of these meets just drag on and on and on. Like, college track meets go on forever. There’s 17 heats of the men’s 200 meters or nine heats of the women’s 400-meter hurdles. Whatever. So the meets constantly take forever … I guess, I don’t know, I just kind of want to help save the sport from itself. … Some of it is, having now coached an athlete at that level, I see even more so that there’s a serious need to have more domestic meets. … The real theme is, why does this guy do this? I wish I had a better reason to give to my girlfriend. She thinks I’m nuts. I don’t know. I sort of feel this ridiculous duty to the sport to help out.”
– Dave Milner, race director of the South Carolina Trackfest, talking about what motivated him to invest time and thousands of his own dollars into throwing together an elite track meet on three weeks notice.
- What is the status of Ruth Jebet and Asbel Kiprop?
- Got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt. Why is this even a law?
- Austin city report recommends Austin change its name as Steven F Austin owned slaves - Is Washington, DC and state next?
- Was this the best Tour de France in 10 years?
- Ex unfriended me on facebook 3 months after we broke up
- Best deodorant for runners?
- My first Pikes Peak Ascent in 3 weeks: Any advice from those who've done it?
- Sydney McLaughlin leaving her coach Edrick Floreal