Quote Of The Day
“I had heard of Tinman on the message boards but otherwise knew nothing about him until Morgan started working with him upon graduating from CU. I was fascinated by how fast Morgan (Pearson) was running, even though his training only seemed to consist of fartleks, hill sprints, and some unimpressive tempo runs. It actually sounded very similar to the training I used to prescribe myself as I figured out what I liked and what worked for me as a self-coached runner. I found a tremendous podcast with Tom on the Final Surge podcast. I was captivated by not only his philosophy but the conviction he has due to his multiple degrees in the field of physiology/exercise science. He is more than just a scientist. He embraces the fact that coaching is just as much about psychology – convincing an athlete that their training is the best training is more important than the training actually being the best.”
– Tyler Mueller explaining to Citiusmag.com what appealed to him about coach Tom “Tinman” Schwartz.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- True or False: Convincing an athlete that their training is the best is more important than the training actually being the best
- Leo Manzano ends track season early.... He's headed to Spanish version of Survivor. He'll be off the grid until September!!
- Kenyan woman will not be competing at World Juniors because her passport said she is a man
- Fastest 10000m this year is presently 27:19.6. You have to go all the way back to 1988 (27:21) to see a slower WL
- Husband says it is weird to not keep plunger in the house