Quote Of The Day
“Another proud day for Kenya at the European Cross-Country Championships. Another ‘up yours’ from Turkey to the sport of athletics. Another unscrupulous grab at glory by a nation that would rather buy athletes than develop them. … this nation has turned the European Cross-Country Championships into an unfunny joke. Yesterday afternoon in Slovakia, Yasemin Can and Kaan Kigen Ozbilen took gold medals in the blue riband events – two athletes born, raised and still very much living in Kenya. … Back there, of course, her name is not Yasemin, but Vivian – as it was before she switched allegiance to Turkey in 2015 in return for a steady income and fat financial bonuses for any medals won under her flag of convenience. And as for the men’s winner, Ozbilen, his real name is Mike Kigen and he’s about as Turkish as St Patrick’s Day, despite the singlet he’s been wearing for the past two years. … For an event that had once meant so much to so many, that once shined so bright, it didn’t take a wizard to work out why they’ve stopped caring.”
– Irish journalist Cathal Dennehy bashing Turkey for recruiting Kenyans to buy its way to two individual golds and a team title at the 2017 European XC Championships.
- How was Honolulu faster than Chicago?
- C'mon, Emma! More class!
- Nick Symmonds 3:00:35 at Honolulu - Neg split.
- Training of Sondre Moen between Valencia HM (59:48) and Fukuoka Marathon (2:05:48)
- Final takeaways of FL and NXN
- Women's winner of BMW Dallas Marathon blows her legs out, finishes carrying a fridge.
- Ben Veatch broke the U.S Junior indoor 5k record
- Shalane will announce her future plans Monday live on the Today show
- Killian Jornet's Everest summit might not have happened
- WTF is wrong with Dennis Kimetto?
- Nick Willis 8 Month Pregnant Wife Runs 6:59 Mile
- Magness gets it in ways that Daniels does not.
- I am about to turn 45 in a few days and don't feel old yet as Bernard Lagat is running easy tempos at a 4:40 pace at about my age
- We're trying to contact Illinois Hurdler and Dr. Coleman - you won the NCAA XC Prediction Contest