Quote Of The Day
“Our team was aggressive (at Wisconsin). In the coming weeks, I don’t really want to change that. But to go really win at the high level, you’ve got to be able to close. And that’s the one thing that our group can do a better job with. And when we are firing on all cylinders, I believe our team is very capable of doing that …”
“Full disclosure, I am a believer (in this team). (Before the season) I understood and I looked at our personnel, and I thought that we could be very good. But I’ve also thought that we could go finish fourth place in the PAC-12 championships and then go be fourth place at the NCAA championships. With Oregon, Stanford, Colorado and us, I think there are four really, really good women’s teams.”
“The goal is to find a way to stand on the podium (top 4 at NCAAs), and that is the big goal. That was our expectation when I walked away from our training camp. At the NCAAs last year, we had a woman qualify at 800 meters, two in the 1,500, one in the steeple, one in the 10k. We had women all over the place and I think success on the track equates to success on the track. And that’s where the confidence in this group grows.”
– UW coach Greg Metcalf talking about his loaded women’s team, which started the year ranked just #11 but is now up to #2.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Statement from agent Ricky Simms on Galen Rupp/Jordan Hasay DNFs in Chicago
- There are 6 Abbott World Marathon Majors - Name the 6 next best marathons that maybe should be majors
- Molly Seidel returning to Notre Dame for 2017 NCAA track season
- Runners Can't Hold a Candle to Cyclists
- 2 years no running
- Malibu, California's own Bob Dylan may reject Nobel Prize for Literature
- Why don't USAers take siestas?
- Give me a good 5k sharpening workout
- Phoebe Wright: Voice of the people
- Is ther anything coaches can do, when a top tier recruit gets a big scholarship but doesnt produce???