Quote Of The Day
“I still am of the opinion that TUE’s in T & F/road racing/cross country… should probably be made public … to alleviate any misunderstanding or unfounded rumors after any superior performance … there is just too much known about the chemical science side of our sport … that can be abused.”
“… Do you know the Steak ‘N Shake slogan ‘If in sight it must be right.’ That’s the way I feel about supplements and medication. Complete transparency is probably the better route. I would have had no problem as a clean athlete doing that myself to prevent unfounded rumors from getting started.”
– Two-time World Cross-Country champion Craig Virgin talking to LRC about having more transparency in the sport of track and field in terms of athletes listing what medications/supplements they are on. His comments come in the wake of Galen Rupp‘s two American records over the span of nine days, the second of which was followed by a 5 x 1,600 workout ending with a 4:01.
- Rupp In, Centro Out, Mile Record Attempt Off
- Congratulations: Alysia Montano is Pregnant
- Do you think Dibaba's 1500 WR is clean?
- Cain and Efraimson will Race Soon, What if Cain Loses???
- Paula Radcliffe wants one last marathon in London or New York in 2015
- Actor Phillip Seymour Hoffmann found dead
- Penn State DMR 9:26.59