Quote Of The Day
“‘I didn’t even know you were running Berlin,’ I said on the phone when Guye stopped laughing. ‘Oh, Mikey, neither did I,’ he replied. ‘They only told me after training on Wednesday morning!’ In light of Kipchoge’s meticulously planned and executed training leading up to Berlin, this was nothing short of astonishing. Guye told me he had finished his morning run on Wednesday when his coach called and asked if he fancied a trip to Germany. Guye went on to say that he was advised to run with the second group, to treat this first marathon as a learning experience. This is what he was planning to do until the morning of the race, he told me, before laughing and adding, ‘but once I reached the start line I thought, I want to taste what it is like to run with the leaders, and maybe I can help Bekele.'”
– Excerpt from Michael Crawley‘s piece on the fastest marathon debutant in history, Guye Adola (2:03:46), talking about how Adola only found out he was running Berlin 4 days before the race.
- Learn some of the backstory behind Guye Adola - marathon's newest star
- I keep being warned about post-nuptial shut off, but it doesn't make any logical sense to me?
- Chicago Marathon weather not looking great, other options?
- XC Teams Are Banned From Public Park - Please sign petition if you agree
- Who here can run under 5 minutes for a mile?
- Tony Romo as color commentator
- Alex Hutchinson is leaving Runner's World, last column released today
- RIP HUGH HEFNER
- What was the first thread??????