Quote Of The Day
“I knew you’re not supposed to fixate on running sub-four if you’re going to do it as you’re going to put too much pressure on yourself, but I would have been disappointed if I didn’t (do it) …”
“I knew I really had to work the last lap. I just put it all on the line the last lap and it worked out.”
– Matthew Maton (son of NCAA XC champ Michelle Dekkers and 1:46 half miler Jim Maton) after running 3:59.38 to become the sixth US high schooler to go sub-4 in the mile.
- OFFICIAL MATTHEW MATON SUB-4 THREAD!! HSer runs 3:59.38!!
- ESPN story about Penn Runner Madison Holleran who committed suicide
- BMO Vancouver Marathon interrupts runners
- Fair for a coach to do this?
- American highschoolers just saw the fastest 3200 in 5 years and the fastest mile in 4 years on the same day
- Seb Coe's battle for IAAF presidence is featured in New York Times