Quote Of The Day
“Not by choice he is no longer with Nike and realistically will no longer be looking to make any World Championships or Olympics on the track. Since 2007, it has been a bumpy road with so many twists, turns and setbacks that has left Alan unable to recover to his full strength he once had. Witnessing someone continue to exert the same drive and discipline in his training day in, and day out without success has been tough. One disappointment after another and failure to fulfill his potential with his talent has not been for lack of effort. It is unsustainable to continue fighting especially from a psychological standpoint. At this point it makes no sense to keep driving the nail into the ground to leave him bitter. Its been a great run and Alan is very grateful for the success he has had.”
– Julia Webb blogging about her husband Alan‘s decision to retire from track and field and move to the triathlon. This is a great blog post which talks about some of the “mistakes” and “stupid decisions” Alan’s made during his career and hypothesizes what success he might have in the 3-sport event. MB: Webb’s Wife’s Blog on His Career Change
Super Hot on LetsRun: Official 2018 NCAA XC Discussion Thread
- Craig Virgin and Fam have interesting comments on Rupp and NOPe
- Why are so many posters appalled at Rupp's post-race WO?
- What foods did you used to eat but NEVER buy anymore?
- Bernard Lagat wins and Brits play "Born in USA" on speakers - Cram corrects them
- Galen finished post AR workout with 4:01.6
- When will Mary Cain reach the peak of her career?