- Defending Champion Firehiwot Dado Pulls Out Of The NYC Marathon With An Injury
- October 28th: Interesting Matchup Between Tariku Bekele And Abel Kirui At The Bupa Great South Run 10 Miler Kirui finishing runner up behind Leonard Komen last year. Ireland's Alistair Cragg also in field. The women's field is led by Brits Jo Pavey, Claire Hallissey and Julia Bleasdale.
- Nov.23: Olympic Bronze Medalist Thomas Longosiwa and Joyce Chepkurui Lead Kenyan Ekiden Teams For Chiba International Ekiden in Japan
More Results From The Weekend
Toronto Waterfront Marathon: In Wet And Windy Conditiosn Sahle Warga Becomes The First Ethiopian Winner In The Race's 23 Year History After all the talk of a big bonus for the 2:07 CR, Warga won in 2:10:36. Everyone fell off the pace that went out in 1:03:41. Favorites Kiplimo Kimutai and John Kiprotich took 2nd and 3rd (2:11:20 & 2:11:29).
NZ's Mary Davies won the women's race 2:28:56 as the favorite Agnes Kiprop went out in 34:14 for 10k and 1:11:30 at the half, but fell way off and took 2nd (2:29:30).
*Ed Whitlock Sets Age-81 World Record At 3:30:29 And we guess it's the month for weird marathon records as a guy set the WR for fastest marathon dressed as a superhero (2:33:58)...obviously he was the Flash.
- Carpi Marathon And Trento 10K: Ethiopian Kasaye Sisay Lemma Wins In Carpi With 2:11:58 2008 5k bronze medallist Edwin Soi won the Trento 10k in 28:43 over World Junior 5000 champ Muktar Edris (28:45) and 5000 Olympic bronze medallist Thomas Longosiwa (28:48).
UK News: Paula Loses Her Funding
- It's Official: Paula Radcliffe Loses Her UKA Lottery Funding
- Paula Says She Wasn't Surprised To Lose Her Funding, But Has No Plans To Retire "I'm not doing all this cross-training and getting this foot healthy and
strong for nothing."
- Many Other Big Name Athletes In The UK Lose Their Funding, Whiles Others Such As Adam Gemili Are Added To The List
- Paula Radcliffe Is The Fastest Woman Marathon Ever, But It Wasn't Always A Smooth Road A look at Paula's "years of woe."
- IOC President Jacques Roggue Says London Could Host The Olympics Again In The Next 20 Years
Weekend Results: Road, Track, XC
- Dickson Kiptolo Chumba Is The Surprise Winner Of The Eindhoven Marathon With A CR 2:05:46 As Pre-Race Favorite Tadese Tola Was 4th (2:08:01) Franklin Chepkwony and Erick Ndiema finished second and third in 2:06:11 and 2:06:17. Aberume Mekuria was the women's winner in 2:27:20.
- Leonard Komon Takes His Third Straight Berlin 10k Victory In 27:46 On A Windy Day
- Ezechiel Nizigiymana (58:12) And Cynthia Jerotich (1:05:36) Win Paris 20k In Rainy Conditions *Results
- The Inaugural Nick Symmonds Springfield 800 Road Race Was This Weekend The fastest time of the day was 2:04.
- Africa Cross-Country Champ Joyce Chepkurui Wins Ndalat 8k XC Race In 26:01 Isaac Korir won the men's 12k in 34:40. *Results
- Christophe Lemaitre Gets His Track Season Going Early By Competing In Relays And Field Events For His Club Team "Just For Fun" Lemaitre says he has interrupted his studies and will be a full-time athlete next season.
- Japan Weekend Track Round-Up
As Usual, Ridiculous IAAF Red Tape Gets In The Way And Costs A Jamaican Discus Thrower His NR He is being stripped of the NR, not because he didn't actually throw that far, but because the discus was not listed on the official meet schedule and was only added days in advance.
Steve Jones Tips Mo Farah To Break His British Marathon Record (2:07:13) According to JK's conversion chart, Farah's 10k PR is worth about a 2:05:50.
Joe Garland's Gives A Critical Review Of The NYRR's New Web Series, "On The Run" The other day we praised the show, but Joe offers some suggestions on how it could be done better.
- Paula Radcliffe To Lose Her UK Athletics Lottery Funding They've cut their funding from athletes deemed capable of "making the top eight" to those of "medal potential."
- David Rudisha: "It's Possible To Do 1:40.5 - That's My Target"
- Ivan Ukhov And The 2.40m HJ Barrier "When you stand in front of a bar at 2.40m or higher, it is hard to grasp it psychologically. I have only succeeded at that height once, but I have tried it on other occasions, it somehow evades me, there is a mental barrier there."
- He Can't Get Any Worse: Steve Hooker Is Leaving His Coach There is speculation that he may work with Dan Pfaff and if anyone can get Hooker out of his funk, it's Pfaff.
Stephen Muange Wins By 3 Seconds Over Tesfaye Alemayehu At The Baltimore Marathon Muange ran 2:13:08. Elfneshe Melaku Yado won the women's race over Malika Mejdoub as they were given the same time (2:38:46).
Patrick Makau And Minnesota Vikings Participating In Save The Children World Marathon & 1,500 Challenge On Oct. 16th Ramalynn Montessori Academy is the first US school to participate in this worldwide relay where teams of school children from around the world run simultaneously with each child running 200m to break Makau's 2:03:38 WR. Another relay with children running 50m each will try and break the 1,500 WR.
International (Half) Marathon News
- Tomorrow: A Deep Field WIll Attack The 2:07:58 CR At Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Ethiopian Siraj Gena (2:08:31) up against a slew of Kenyans, including Gilbert Yegon (2:06:18), John Kiprotich (2:07:08), Charles Munyeki (2:07:06) and Felix Limo (2:06:16 from 2004). Agnes Kiprop (2:23:54) leads the women.
- Also Tomorrow: IAAF Preview Eindhoven Marathon Tadesse Tola (2:05:10), Erick Ndiema (2:06:07), Sisay Jisa (2:06:27) lead a men's field that has 8 sub-2:10 runners.
*18-Year-Old 2:06 Man Eric Ndiema Looking For Big Things From The Eindhoven Marathon
- Next Sunday: World Half Marathon Champion And WR Holder Zersenay Tadese To Run Bupa Great Birmingham Half On October 21st He'll race sub one-hour runners Micah Kogo and Eliud Kipchoge.
- Communist Party Meeting Pushes The Beijing Marathon From Mid-October To Late November
Three Weeks Until The NYC Marathon
- RW Brief Chat With Amy Hastings On Her Buildup For NYC, Which She's Been Doing With Kim Smitth In Providence
- Abdi Abdirahman Talks About Retirement "We all know it's not going to last forever. I can't say I'm planning on retiring next year. [At the] same time, I don't know what 2014 holds for me competition-wise, whereas before, when I was younger, I could say that 'a couple years from now ...'"
- Jason Hartmann Talks About Pacing Ritz In Chicago As Part Of His Buildup For NYC Hartmann on the plan before the race: "I was under the impression that he wanted 64 minutes and I [thought] 'Oh, I’ll be fine doing that' and then after the technical meeting he told me he wanted 63:30 and I was like 'Oh, crap.'" But Hartmann still took it through 12 miles and Ritz went through the half in 3:25.
also has blurbs of other others running NYC, including Simon Bairu, Soctty Bauhs, Sergio Reyes and Michelle Frey.
*Video Interview With Hartmann
- UK's Scott Overall Looking To Bounce Back After A Disappointing Olympics
Other US News
- It's OTC Elite Week At "The Trailer" The Trailer (getinthetrailer.com) is helping the OTC announce it's newest batch of recruits by putting out an article/profile for one recruit each day from Oct. 15-21.
- Running Times Q&A With Bernard Lagat's Little Sister, Violah The youngest of 10 siblings in a family of accomplished runners, she's a senior and one of the top runners at FSU.
- USATF Profile On Chelsea Reilly, Who Was The Surprise Winner Of The US 10k Champs Last Week In Her 10k Debut She's coached by Magdalena Boulet.
- High School: Manhattan Invy Previews: Edward Cheserek To Open His Season Check back here for results/highlights.
- 5 Things You Should Know About 5,000 Paralympic Silver Medallist Shirley Reilly She competed in five events, winning a gold, silver, bronze and finishing 4th and 6th in the other two.
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Say They Will Not Back Off Their Move To Have Athletes Taxed On Prize Money Won Abroad In fact they're also targeting athletes' managers since they also get 15 per cent from what their respective athletes earn.
- David Rudisha And Vivian Cheruiyot Are Protesting The KRA's Decision Cheruiyot: "This is very unfair. We have used much of our earnings to contribute to the Kenyan economy. We bring money home to put up investments, which are already heavily taxed by the government."
- Recommended Read: Liam Boylan-Pett Writes 4-Part Series On Sam Bair III, Who Struggled To Join His Dad As A Sub-4 Miler Bair gained fame for a series of near misses in college with 4:00.14, 4:00.35, 4:00.87 and 4:00.99, but continued the chase post-collegiately.
- RW Brief Chat With Evan Jager On His Training Since London And Thoughts Going Into The NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5k
- Members Of The US Ekiden Team That Competed In Japan Last Week Speak On Their Experience And 8th Place Finish
- Registration For The Boston Marathon Is Now Closed About A Month After Opening A lot longer than the 8 hours it took 2 years ago.
Injury Report: Blanca Vlasic Still Not Recovered From The Operation/Injury That Kept Her Out Of The Olympics Talking about her long-term plans, Vlasic speculated: "In 2020 I will be 37. Maybe by then my body will not be able to handle the load, but maybe at 40 I will still feel like a 30-year-old."
Ridiculously Deep Fields Set For November 3rd NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5k *Full Elite Start Lists
Elite Field Announced For November 3rd NYRR Dash To The Finish Line 5k And Includes 17 Olympians Men: Chris Solinsky, Alan Webb, Matt Tegenkamp, Lopez Lomong, Evan Jager, Ben True, Andrew Bumbalough, Chris Derrick, Luke Puskedra, Cam Levins, Leonard Korir and German Fernandez. Women: Shalane Flanagan, Kara Goucher, Molly Huddle, Jen Rhines, Lisa Uhl, Kim Conley, Sheila Reid and Neely Spence. *Full Elite Start Lists
Marathon News: Martin Lel Joins NYC Marathon Field
- 3-Time London & 2-Time NYC Champion Martin Lel Added To NYC Marathon Field Lel is one of our favorites. So, too, was Ed Moran, who ran his debut here last year with a 2:11:47, making him the 4th-fastest American in 2011.
- Kenya Enacts New Marathon Selection Policy For Rio 2016, In Which No Athlete Who Has Run A Marathon Within Six Months Of Rio Will Be Eligible The real question now is how many times will Kenya change or go back on this policy before they actually pick their team?
- Offical Says Double Taxation Of Kenyan Stars' Prize Money Could Ignite Exodus
- Recommended Read: Toni Reavis Remembers Sammy Wanjiru's Chicago Victories And Compares His Battle With Tsegay Kebede To Kebede's Battle In 2012 "There was something about Sammy that neither time, weather, or an opponent’s desire could quell."
Will We See Bolt Three-Peat In 2016?
Long Jump? 400? Soccer? Cricket? No, Usain Bolt Says He'll Definitely Defend His 100, 200 And 4 X 1 Gold Medals At Rio 2016
2012 Bank Of America Chicago Marathon *Top 30 Results/Splits *Live Thread
Men Full Recap Kebede 2:04:38 Course Record, Ritz 9th 2:07:47 updated Tsegaye Kebede scorched the second half in 1:01:44 to run 2:04:38, a course record by nearly a minute. Dathan Ritzenhein ran a more than 2-minute PR of
2:07:47 to become the third-fastest American in history but amazingly that only got him 9th.
Women Full Recap Baysa Edges Jeptoo In A Thriller Two-time Paris champ Atsede Baysa and Rita Jeptoo battled all the way to the line. They both raised their hands but Baysa was the winner. Renee Metivier Baillie's marathon debut was great as she's now #8 all-time in US history at 2:27:17.
LRC Ritz Runs A Big 2:07:47 PR To Become Third-Fastest American And Finish 9th Dathan Ritzenhein ran a solid race to become the third-fastest American ever. That only got him 9th place in the race, but this was a big step in the right direction for Ritz.
10 Years Ago, Paula Radcliffe Raced To A 2:17:18 World Record (with pacing help from LRC's Wejo) Radcliffe is back in Chicago to celebrate.
*Video: Korir Talks: Is There Something About Faith & Successful Distance Runners? A new film, tRANscend, is coming out next summer.
More: The Science Of The Sport's Analysis
*Ritz Blogs On The Recovery Process Immediately Following A Marathon
*Live Chicago Marathon Thread *Ritz 9th In 2:07:47
*Recap And Analysis From Our Friends At The Sports Scientists Blog
Live Chicago Thread
LRC Update: Ritz: "I don't feel
like I'm lacking anything ... I've saved a lot for the race."
Recommended Read: Phil Hersh: After Olympic Slight, Tsegay Kebede Hoping To Be 1st Ethiopian Champ In Chicago Tsegay, who has seven times borken 2:07, hopes to win in the city where he had a great battle with Sammy Wanjiru. Kebede says he loved his two famous battles with Wanjiru which he lost even more than his 3 marathon wins - including in London: "The big fight is better."
5 Good Questions With A Post-Vacation Morgan Uceny Uceny says she hopes to run the 3k indoors this year but has ruled out a
move up to the 5k for 2016. As for London: "I will always feel a bit sad when I think about that race."
5 Good Minutes With NCAA 10k Champ Natosha Rogers, Who Says She Doesn't Even Know How Much She Runs She doesn't run with a watch or pay attention to how far it is.
A Brief Chat With 2012 US Olympian Janet Bawcom, Who Is Running The US 10 Miler This Weekend (And NYC In Nov.)
No, This Isn't An April Fools Scientists Ask: Will Climate Change Slow Marathon Times? Yet another example of money being spent on a scientific study answering something we already know the answer to - NO.
Sorry Dick, We Disagree: Is The 2-Hour Marathon Coming? Dick Patrick & Tim Hutchings Debate It - Patrick Says He'll See It In His Lifetime
BMW Berlin Marathon *Yahoo Photos *Video Of Berlin Finish
Even If They Fixed The Race, Athletics Kenya Boss Congratulates Mutai And Kimetto The WMM should disband its $500,000 first place gimmicky prize going forward if this is the outcome that is encouraged. LRC's recap and message boarders are quoted extensively in the article.
*Km-By-Km Splits In Berlin Updated
LRC Geoffrey Mutai Wins?* Berlin And World Marathon Major Title In Bizarre Finish (AKA Did Dennis Kimetto Let Geoffrey Mutai Win $500,000?) The 2012 BMW Berlin Marathon was a masterpiece on the men's side until the final 2km. The fastest marathoner ever, Geoffrey Mutai, and his training partner and breakout star in 2012, Dennis Kimetto, were putting on an exhibition, running side-by-side with each 5km faster than the one before it and on world record pace. Then the wheels fell off and there was the sprint for the finish. The problem is the mad dash for home never occurred and that left some wondering what the hell happened? Were they both completely trashed or had Kimetto deferred to Mutai, helping him win $500,000? Aberu Kebede won on the women's side for the 2nd time in a PR of 2:20:30.
- Live Berlin Marathon Thread
- Kimetto: "I was not expecting to finish close to him since I knew I could not beat him, but I'm delighted with today's performance."
- Race Broadcast: "If anything, it may be a pre-planned thing, you know."
- Science Of Sport's Analysis Of Berlin
- Reuters Recap Of Berlin
You Begged For It, And We Give It To You
LRC The Week That Was Is Back After an Olympic-sized vacation, our beloved weekly recap is back. We start by taking a look back at the Olympics and comment on how it was surprising the US men outperformed the US women, how it was surprising so many gold medallists were asked drug-related questions, and talk about finding the right running/life balance. Along the way we talk about Nick Willis, Lisa Uhl, Lukas Verzbicas and Christophe Lemaitre.
ING NYC Marathon Fields
LRC Olympic Champion Tiki Gelana To Face Edna Kiplagat, Sharon Cherop; Mary Keitany Out With Injury Tiki Gelana is hottest marathoner on the planet and she'll be on the streets
of New York in November trying to prevent Sharon Cherop or Edna Kiplagat from winning the $500,000 World Marathon Majors prize. On the men's side, London champ and Olympic bronze medallist Wilson Kipsang will face Moses Mosop.
LRC Wilson Kipsang Vs. Moses Mosop (And Meb) Wilson Kipsang did not win the Olympics (bronze after a crazy early surge) but he may be the best marathoner on the planet. He'll have his hands full with 2:03 guy Moses Mosop in New York. Course record holder and defending NYC champ Geoffrey Mutai will be in Berlin (see below).
LRC Does Politics
LRC Meet The Man Who
Changed American Politics Started The Paul Ryan Marathon Controversy LRC Poster and 2:29 marathoner Bill Walker started the thread that made Paul Ryan's marathon time a matter of national discussion. Until now, Mr. Walker has received no
credit for his contribution to the American political landscape. Meet the man behind it all. Plus learn who he's voting for.
Brussels: The Last Diamond League Meet Of The Year Was Friday *Results *LRC Photos
LRC Aries Merritt Runs 12.80 To Destroy World Record Prior to Friday, the world record had come down .06 seconds in 21 years. On Friday, Aries Merritt lowered it .07 seconds. We look at the race and his amazing year. Video and post-race press conference.
Thursday: The Track Season Is Winding Down, But We Hope You Saved Something For Zürich *Results *Yahoo Photos
2012 Weltklasse Recap: Rudisha Loses, Bolt And Blake Win, Drama In Women's Steeple, And Americans Fizzle In 5,000m It's the best one-day track meet in the world for a reason - it gets the stars. This year was no different and there were a few shockers. In the men's 5,000, Bernard Lagat broke 13:00 for the first time this year but his AR survived as Galen Rupp finished ninth in 13:09.
LRC David Rudisha Gets Beaten Mohammed Aman ruined David Rudisha's perfect season for the second straight year.
*Other Recaps: *IAAF *Athletics Weekly *Reuters Recap
*Rudisha Is Lucky The Weather Was Great For The Olympics: "I never feel good when the track is wet and it is raining." www.independent.co.uk
800 Video (US Visitors)
*US Men With Gay & Bailey Beat Jamaican "B" Team In 4 X 100
*Grabarz Wins The Diamond League HJ Title & Now Wants To Buy A Porsche A Year After Losing Lottery Funding
Getting High Praise In The Email Inbox:
Mediocre Great Britain: You Lived Up To Your Name "For a country where pessimism is now part of the national consciousness, the Olympics were a resounding success. Not okay, not pretty good, but truly Great ..."
*IAAF's 12 Highlights Of London 2012
*London Athletes Face Post-Olympic Blues It now even has an official name: Post-Olympic Stress Disorder, or POSD.
LRC The Incredible Meb Keflezighi Reacts On Just Missing A Medal, Ryan Hall & Abdi Talk About Dropping Out Post-race reaction from the Americans and the medallists. Meb used the fact he was slighted and not introduced to the worldwide audience at the start, even though he was the only Olympic medallist in the field, to fuel him. Ryan Hall reacts to his first
non-top-10 result and Wilson Kipsang says he has no regrets about the 14:11 3rd 5k.
Olympic Marathon: LRC The Unheralded Stephen Kiprotich Of Uganda Stuns The Field And Wins The 2012 Olympic Men's Marathon Uganda's only Olympic medal of the 2012 Games has a great color to it and it came in a historic event, as after getting dropped at the 35km mark (21.7 m), Kiprotich stormed back to the lead at the 23-mile mark and stunned the world and Kenyans Wilson Kipsang and Abel Kirui as the US's Meb Keflezighi was a surprise 4th. Kipsang tried to do his best Sammy Wanjiru impersonation with a crazy 14:11 5k early in the race, but that 5km segment at 1:59 marathon pace may have done him in later.
*USA Today: Kiprotich: "Now, I am known and I am happy that I am known."
*RRW Recap *AP Recap
LRC Mo Farah Completes The Double As The British Fans Go Wild The British fans got what they wanted on the final day of Olympic track competition (marathon tomorrow is on the roads and doesn't end in the stadium) as Farah won a tactical 5,000. Bernard Lagat came up just short in his quest for his first Olympic medal for the US as he was 4th, Rupp 7th and Lomong 10th.
*Picture: Mo Farah And Usain Bolt Swap Victory Poses
*Mo Farah Says He Wants To Move To The Marathon Eventually, But Not Yet
*MB: Official men's 5000m thread *That was the worst 5000m final in an Olympics ever
W 1,500: LRC Disaster Strikes Twice As Morgan Uceny Gets Tripped Again And A Former Doper Wins Gold Disaster struck twice in the 1,500 final. First at the bell when, unbelievably, Morgan Uceny was sent sprawling for the second straight year. It struck again a lap later when a former doper won gold and her compatriot, who has gone from 4:18 to 4:01 this year, nabbed silver.
*Pat Forde: "Saddest sight of the Games"
*Woods: "Half a lifetime of preparation, of dreaming, shattered in an instant."
*Battaglia: Uceny's medal hopes fall - again
*MB: *I am crying for Morgan Uceny *Uceny goes down! *US should protest - Let's re-run the 1,500
*UK 1,500 Runner Lisa Dobriskey Voices Concerns Over Turkey's Asli Çakir Alptekin Being Clean Dobriskey said: "I'll probably get into trouble for saying this, but I don't believe I'm competing on a level playing field.
Bolt Wins 200 To Become A "Legend" Bolt became the first man to win the 100 and 200 at back-to-back Olympics and become a legend in his own words. We thought he was already a legend. After leading the Jamaica 1-2-3 sweep, Bolt trashed Carl Lewis, saying he has "no respect for him" as a result of Carl's thinly-veiled drug allegations at Bolt.
More Bolt-Lewis: *Bolt Rips Lewis
Ashton Eaton, Trey Hardee Go 1-2 In Decathlon Hardee: "It's safe to say my reign is over. I still think my best decathlon is ahead of me, but Ashton's are too."
*Ashton Eaton: "20 years on you will have people saying 'I was sitting on my couch, watching Hardee and Eaton win.'"
*USATF Release On 1-2 Finishes In Decathlon And TJ Includes athlete quotes.
Some Good Interviews With US Athletes
- Recommended Read: Good Interview With Chris Solinsky On His Comeback, Plans For His Upcoming 5k In NYC, and Goal To Make The Worlds Team This Outdooor Season "It still kills me to see people win in a kick. For whatever reason, it just rubs me the wrong way. It was driving me nuts watching those [US Trials] races."
- David Torrence Does Interesting Interview On Reddit Where The Fans Ask The Questions "I think it is a shame and a disgrace ... At the sub-elite level [Hesch] was competing at, those guys REALLY need
the money. They're not sponsored, they don't get appearance fees...they're doing all the can to pay rent, buy groceries, get a ticket to another race all while training full time. ... So to see someone like him that cheated those guys that are doing their best to live their dream...just leaves a sick taste in my mouth."
- Q&A With Tyson Gay: He Says He Still Plans On Trying To Be At The Olympics Again In 2016 Even Though He'll Be 34 "I think coming through all the adversity and the injuries, the rehab I went through, that’s actually made me who I am today."
- After A Hip Replacement And 2 Stress Fractures, Ben Blankenship Is Back Healthy And One Of The Newest Members Of The OTC In 2011 he beat NCAA 1,500m champ Andy Bayer, but then was gone for over a year.
- Extensive Interview With US's 1968 Olympic Steeplechase Bronze Medalist George Young Younger runners, you may know him from the Pre movies.
- Lisa Uhl Talks About Why She Left Jerry Schumacher
Christian Hesch Admits To Taking EPO And Other Drug News
- NY Times: Christian Hesch Admits To Taking EPO
a perfect example of how cheating doesn't just happen at the top level of the sport. There are guys who ride under the radar and take away prize money from other deserving clean athletes. And his arguments that he ran the races clean because the EPO was "out of his system" is ridiculous. Doping can benefit you for years.
*Hesch Writes Public Apology For Doping *RW Article Detailing How Hesch Initially Denied Doping
*MB: Christian Hesch doping article in the NY Times/Competitor.com
- Armstrong's Lawyer Challenges Accusers To Take Lie Detector Test, But Then Says Lance "Might" Be Willing To Take One His lawyer said the only reason Armstrong would refuse a lie detector test was because he had "moved on." Yeah, okay.
- In The Wake Of USADA Report, Many (Including WADA President Dick Pound) Are Calling For UCI's Pat McQuaid And Hein Verbruggen To Resign Pound: "It is not credible that they didn't know this was going on. I had been complaining to UCI for years ... they can't be so blind to not know this was going on."
- In Wake Of German Journalist's Report, Kenyan Writer Asks Just How Prevalent Is Kenyan Doping? "Kenya cannot afford to go the Tour de France way, a cycling competition marred by claims of doping infamy."
- Malaysian Track Official Gets Six-Year Ban After Being Found Guilty Of Being Invovled In Two Doping Cases The official was found guilty of giving runners pills and telling them they were vitamins, only to have them test positive later on and lose championship titles.
Pre-Nats And Wisconsin adidas Invitational In The Books - Pre-Nats Results: *Men *Women *Meet Site - Wisco: *Men *Women *Meet Site *Flotrack Videos/Interviews *More Weekend NCAA Results
- Pre-Nats: Colorado Men Dominate As BYU And Oregon Take Second And Third UTEP freshman Anthony Rotich won in 23:01 as Paul Chelimo and Terefe Ejigu were a close 2-3.
*Women Pre-Nats: Florida State Beat Oregon; Wichita State's Aliphin Tuliamuk-Bolton Beats UTEP's Risper Kimaiyo Oregon's Alexi Pappas took 3rd, Bernard Lagat's sister Violah (Florida State) was 4th, and Jordan Hasay rounded out the top 5.
*Colorado Press Release: Men 1st, Women 7th Includes quotes from Mark Wetmore.
*Great Day For Oregon Fans: Women 2nd, Men 3rd; Pappas & Hasay Take 3-5 And Trevor Dunbar Was 5th
*OTB: So what is happening at Pre-Nats?? *Duke Women are Back!
- Wisconsin: Top Ranked Wisconsin Men Get Buried As They Finish 17th; Lawi Lalang And Stephen Sambu Go 1-2 In 23:03 & 23:07 Jim and Joe Rosa lead Stanford to the team title as Iona, Oklahoma, and Texas take 2-4. 5th ranked Portland was way back in 12th. Wisconsin finished without returning All-Americans Reed Connor (unattached) and Mohammed
Ahmed (sat out) and Coach Byrne is thinking of redshirting them after this poor team performance.
*MB: OFFICIAL Adidas Wisconson Invite Thread *Who did Maverick Darling get in a scuffle with? *Must be embarrassing to be from Wisconsin right now. *WISCO INVITE & PRE-NATS
- Women's Wisconsin Results Iowa women win the team title as Cal Poly freshman Laura Hollander wins individually. Katie Flood was 29th.
*Post-Race Interview With Laura Hollander
*MB: Ummm, ever heard of Laura Hollander? *LAURA HOLLANDER IS THE REAL DEAL!!! *WISCONSIN Invite: Shelia Reid (2011) 19:59, Laura Hollander (2012) 19:33 this is just SICK! (video)
- Chile Pepper: Men's Chile Pepper Results: Oklahoma State Men Win *Arkansas Women Take It *MB: Chile Pepper?!?
- Rankings: Pre-Nationals Weekend Leads To A Ton Of Shuffling In The DI Regional Rankings
*Flotrack Does A Good Job Putting The Wisco Results Into Perspective As To What They Might Mean For Regionals And NCAAs
USADA's Armstrong Report Continues To Generate News
- We Should Hope So: UCI president Pat McQuaid Say's They're Making Responding To USADA's Report Within 21 Days A Priority
- Armstrong Could Face More Legal Battles For Lying Under Oath About Doping And From Companies Wanting Back The Performance Bonuses They Paid Out When He Won One company's lawyer said, "He basically said that we were scum and how dare we criticize him. So there is some measure of relief that we can now say that he didn't get away with it forever and, by the way, 'You owe us $7.5 million.'"
- Lance Armstrong's Aide Talks About Her Role In The US Team's Doping And How Armstrong Tried To Destroy Her When She Went Public In 2003 "Lance tried to make my life a living hell."
- Greg LeMond Says Armstrong Was Responsible For The "Worst Two Years" Of His Life
- NY Times: Details Of Doping Scheme Paint Armstrong As Leader
USADA Releases All The Doping Evidence Versus Lance Armstrong USADA released a trove of evidence that it says proves Lance Armstrong doped. LRC concluded Lance doped a long time ago. Lance's lieutenant George Hincapie admitted publicly today that he doped. It's time for Lance to fess up. Or it is time for Nike to drop Lance Armstrong. Does Nike care about a clean sport?
- Live Blog Of People Reading Through 200+ Page Report
- 3 Wire Sports: USADA's "Overwhelming" Case Against Lance Armstrong "It’s far too easy to make the case against Armstrong what, on one level, it is: a simple legal matter. But that's not what it's about. It's about something much, much bigger. It's about changing the culture of sport."
- The Science Of Sport Comments On USADA's Report "Rather than condemn the (late) whistleblowers, let's celebrate even more those who DID speak BEFORE they had to ... let's use this moment to celebrate those who were courageous and outspoken from the start."
- On The Boards: Lance Armstrong at Center of Cycling's Most Sophisticated Doping Program, Officials Charge
- USADA makes completely false statement about Lance and USPS
Usain Bolt Keeps Us Guessing
- Usain Bolt Says He Hasn't Completely Ruled Out Trying The 400 Or Long Jump Before Or After Rio 2016 He also mentions playing soccer once he retires.
*Press Conference Video Highlights
Other Track/Olympic News
- Watch Out Kirani James And LaShawn Merritt: Glen Mills Is Now Coaching Jamaican 400 Runners Too
- Could Kenya Host The 2024 Olympics? Writer says even if they actually put a bid out, it is "destined to fail."
- Kenyan Mary Waithera Runs 8:48.16 To Break 3,000 Junior MR At Japan National Sports Festival
- Good News For Madrid If They Win 2020 Bid: Olympics Lift UK Out Of Recession
Random Track News
- RR: In The Wake Of Her Contract With Nike Being Abruptly Terminated, Amy Yoder Begley Gives An Inside Look At The Reality Behind Runners' Contracts "Track & field athletes are not employees of the shoe or apparel company. They are contracted walking, running, jumping, and throwing billboards for shoe companies."
*MB: amy yoder begley talks about track runners contracts
- For All You Drunk College Kids Out There: Russian HJer Ivan Ukhov Credits Kicking His Drinking Habit To Changing His Life And Becoming Olympic Champion
*Video Of Him Showing Up To A Meet And Trying To High Jump Drunk
Monday Action And A Lot More From The Weekend *Women 10k Champs Results *Twin Cities *San Jose Half
- Monday Tufts: In 10k Debut, Chelsea Reilly Wins US Title At Tufts 10k She's coached by Magdalena Lewy-Boulet (who was 15th in 33:50). Neely Spence was 3rd American (32:45) as Jen Rhines was 5th. Kenya's Hellen Jemutai took the open title in 32:30 after having finished 3rd in the BAA half the day before. *Results
- Twin Cities: Jeanette Faber Sets Her 13th Straight PR At 2:32:38 To Win Twin Cities Marathon On The Race's Coldest Day In 12 Years Past Grandma’s winners Chris Kipyego and Berhanu Girma duked it out, with Kipyego winning in 2:14:55 to Girma's 2:15:04. Sean Quigley was third in 2:15:06 *Full Results
- San Jose: Simon Bairu, Clara Horowitz Peterson Win Rock N Roll San Jose Half Marathon Recap and top results.
*Recommended Read: Pre-Race Article by Elliott Almond On Scott Bauhs And The Difficulty Of Getting A Sponsor Bauhs is making his marathon debut in New York. He was 3rd in San Jose. LRC's Wejo squashes everyone's dreams with the words, "It's (sponsorship) not a charity."
- Kenyans Lawrence Kimaiyo & Hellen Mugo Set New CRs At The International Peace Marathon In Slovakia Kimaiyo won with 2:07:01 and Mugo with 2:29:59.
- Japan Ekiden: Aoyama Gakuin University Wins Izumo Ekiden With A New CR Despite being a pre-race favorite, the U.S. Select Team finished a disappointing 8th place, although they did get solid performances out of former Stanford runners Brendan Gregg and Elliott Heath.
*Q&A With Aoyama Gakuin University Head Coach
- Samuel Ndereba Beats Fernando Cabada To Win Woodrow Wilson Half Marathon Ndereba ran 65:15 to Cabada's 66:00. Kellyn Johnson became the first American women to win the race as she won with 1:13:24.
- Bobsledding? Lolo Jones & Tianna Madison Competed In The US Bobsled Championships Madison tied for 5th and Lolo tied for 7th. But they both lost to US heptathlete Hyleas Fountain, who finished fourth.
*Some Criticize Lolo's Bobsled Attempt As A Cry For More Media Attention, But She Wasn't The Only US Track Athlete There
- Two-Time Defending Club Track And Field Champions Central Park Track Club Beaten In XC Dual Meet Against Garden State Track Club On the women's side, Central Park Track Club won over Garden State.
*Article Explaining History Of The Dual And Lists Top Individuals
- Joyce Chepkurui Wins Hot Family Bank Half Marathon In Eldoret In 1:11:18 Robert Kwambai won the men's race in 1:03:08.
- IAAF Recap Of World Mountain Running Association (WMRA) Grand Prix Final
Sunday BAA Half And US Ten Mile *US 10 Results *BAA Half Results
US 10 Mile: Janet Cherobon-Bawcom Defeats Kara Goucher As She And Mo Trafeh Win 2012 US 10 Mile Titles
*Full Results Abdi Abdirahman 14th (48:12), Alan Webb 28th (49:23) and Chris Solinsky (51:05).
On The Boards: *Alan Webb 49:00, Solinsky 51:00
*USA 10mile equalizer bonus
BAA Half: Allan Kiprono, Kim Smith Win $100,000 At Inaugural BAA Distance Relay Both Smith and Kiprono won the BAA half and the 3-race series, which had a gimmicky $100,000 overall prize.
2012 World Half Is In The Books *Results *MB: World Half Thread
Zersenay Tadese Dominates World Half - Wins Record 5th Title Tadese put on a show at the 5k mark and won by 32 seconds.
*LRC US Men, Led By Top-20 Showings By Augustus Maiyo And Luke Puskedra, Finish 4th
*South Africa's Stephen Mokoka Moves From 16th At 15km To 8th At Finish
*Amateur Kawauchi Is Top Finisher & Japan Running News Brett Larner Rips The Entire Japanese System As A Result How can a self-trained guy who has won two marathons in six weeks beat the best of the Japanese corporations?
Ethiopian Women Stun Kenya And Win Individual And Team Titles
The Kenyan women had the five best times in the field but someone forgot to tell that to the Ethiopians, who went 1-2 to win as Meseret Hailu (68:55) edged Feyse Tadese (68:56).
*LRC Shalane Flanagan Falls Off Early - Fades To Disappointing 25th Place Finish As US Women Finish 5th Flanagan went out in the top 10 at a sub-70 pace but ended up in 74:41 as just the third US finisher.
*GBR Women Finish 4th With Two In Top 10 Gemma Steel and Caryl Jones PRed to finish 7th (71:09) and 10th (71:52) respectively.
*Japanese Women Get Bronze
*Athletics Weekly Recap Of Both Races
Recommended Read: 27 Years Later, Twin Cities Marathon Record Of 2:10:05 Still Belongs To A Single Father Of Three Who Had A Full-Time Job & Didn't Go College As He Wasn't Fast Enough For A Scholarship
LRC "Non-Running" Running Photo Of The Week
LRC LetsRun License Plate Spotted In Texas: What Does It Mean? A car (Porsche?) in Texas has been spotted with a 26.2 sticker and a LTS RUN license plate. We assume the owner has run a marathon, but more importantly ... do they come to LetsRun.com? Of course they should, but we want your help in unraveling this mystery.
The Fifth Avenue Mile *Results *Video Highlights
Centro And Brenda Martinez Win 5th Avenue Miles (Recap - Link Fixed) Centro and Brenda Martinez ran well to start the year and ran well to end it as they both won in NYC. Bernard Lagat and Leo Manzano
were second and third.
*Results *Video Highlights Also embedded on right.
On The Boards: Centro runs 3:52 to win the NEW YORK MILE
International Action: Great North Run & Great North City Games *Results *Great North Run Results *Photos Great North Run
Great North Run: Tirunesh Dibaba Wins In Debut As London Marathon Champ Wilson Kipsang Comes From Behind In Last 50m To Take Win In 59:06 Over Micah Kogo 59:07 Wilson Kipsang loves running in the UK
as the Olympic bronze medallist
came from behind to edge Kogo. Dibaba bided her time and did not run away from Edna Kiplagat until the final quarter. Ryan Vail was 8th in 1:02:04.
*Brit Chris Thompson Is "Over The Moon" Happy With His 61:00 - 3rd Fastest Ever In British History
*Brit Jo Pavey Pleased With 5th Place (69:20)
*Dibaba: "I am thinking of running a marathon maybe next year."
Great City Games:
The US Wins Over The UK At The Great North City Games: Mo Farah Ends His Season Winning The 2-Mile Over Bobby Curtis, Collis Birmingham & Ryan Gregson In the men's mile, Bernard Lagat won over UK's James Brewer and Jordan Macnamara. For the women, Brenda Martinez beat Hanah England and Anna Pierce; Jenny Simpson was only 4th. Other event winners include Dwain Chambers/Jeneba Tarmoh (100), Wallace Spearmon (150m ... Ryan Bailey dropped out with injury), and Jason Richardson (110H). The LJ was a good competition with an upset in Chris Tomlinson beating out Olympic Champ Greg Rutherford, TJ champ Christian Taylor, and LJ bronze medalist Will Claye.
*Farah Says He'll Enjoy Not Thinking About Running For The Next 2 Weeks On his 2-mile win: "I still had to work for it. It wasn't as easy as I thought." Good job, Bobby Curtis.
*Farah: "I'm in control when I'm training. But the twins can wake up at any time of the day or night, they can poo at any time of the day or night ..."
Australia: 39,000 Run Sunday Mail City-Bay Run In Australia And Craig Mottram Is 4th
Kenya: African 10,000m Champ Kenneth Kipkemoi Wins Kenyan XC Event In Eldoret And Says, "I can run and win the cross-country world title."
Brussels: The Last Diamond League Meet Of The Year Was Friday *Results *LRC Photos
Brussels Diamond League Recap The 2012 DL season came to an end with some great action. The men's 1,500 was worth a watch as Silas Kiplagat got the win over Olympic Champ
Makhloufi as Centrowitz mixed it up. In the women's 800, Francine Niyonsaba arrived as a star as two Americans did well. Plus redemption for Brimin Kipruto and Vivian Cheruiyot.
*Athletics Weekly Full Meet Recap *IAAF Recap
Labor Day Action - New Haven 20km - *Race Website/Videos/Interviews
LRC Matt Tegenkamp Does The 20k - Wins 2012 USA 20km Title In American Course Record Time Of 58:30 For years, it was said Teg doesn't run the 10k, but he does do that and now even the 20k! Former Oregon
Duck Luke Puskedra ran a gutsy race, but Teg blew him away at the end to get the win in a new American course record time of 58:30 - the second-fastest
20 km road race ever run by
an American - in a race where the top 5 ran 60:00 or faster. In the women' race, Renee Metivier Baillie (67:08) won as four broke 69:00. *RRW Article
*Tegenkamp On Puskedra: "He made me work for it. I ran that race in the hardest way possible. I didn't know what I was doing out there."
Mo Farah/Usain Bolt News
Olympic 5,000m Final Was So Loud That Finish Line Camera Shook And The Official Finish Photo Was Blurry For The First Time Ever It
didn't happen in any other
race in London. Farah mania > Bolt mania in London.
Mo Farah's Wife Gives Birth To Twin Girls
Lausanne DL *Full Results
LRC: Matt Centrowitz Runs 3:31.96 For Third The twenty-two-year-old American continued to roll as in his first race post-London, he skipped the 3:32s and 3:33s to run 3:31.96 and come close to the win in Lausanne.
*Video Of Centro's Race
*MB: CENTRO 3:31!! *What the hell happened? Centro 3:31, Rupp DNF, Manzano/Willis 3:34
Olympic Track & Field *Daily Schedule/Results *Complete T&F Schedule *LRC Check Prediction Contest Scores/Change Picks
Saturday: W800: LRC The World Champion Is Now The Olympic Champion As Mariya Savinova Wins Comfortably Over Caster Semenya (updated) Russia's Mariya Savinova came from way back to win the gold comfortably in 1:56.19 and retain her global superiority. Caster Semenya had a blazing last
100 to grab the silver, but waited
way too long to kick to challenge for gold. Defending champ Pamela Jelimo led with 200 to go, but faded badly and was the first outside the medals.
*David Epstein: "Silver Medal in 800 meters Offers Little Clarity in Semenya Speculation" Talks about speculation as to how Semenya came out of nowhere again to get silver and points out how those who objected to her in the past (such as Savinova) seem to be fine with her now that she's losing.
Saturday Relay Action:
- Bolt Is 6-For-6: Usain Bolt And Jamaica Make History With A New 4 X 1 World Reocrd (36.84) Bolt gets his back-to-back triple crowns. The US was second, actually equalling the old WR, but still well beaten by Jamaica. *IAAF Event Report
- Tim Layden: "In a Games filled with memorable moments, few resonate like Bolt"
- It Was A Disappointing Games For "White Lightning" Christophe Lemaitre This article was from before the 4 x 1 final, but we doubt he's any happier, as France just missed a medal.
- men Win 4 X 4 Relay With Fastest Time In 19 Years on Felix gets her 3rd gold medal of the games, Richards-Ross her 2nd. Richards-Ross said, "By the time I got the stick, it was basically a victory lap." *MB: ALLYSON FELIX JUST SPLIT 48.8
W 5,000: LRC Meseret Defar Stunningly Stops The Coronation Of Tiruneh Dibaba The script was all set. Tirunesh Dibaba was to complete the "Double Double" and become the first women track athlete with four individual golds. Only thing was, the person making history ended up being Meseret Defar.
*Reuters Defar's golden focus pays dividends Defar said she's had great health and says she changed training to prepare for a tactical race. The religious Defar says she feels "born again."
*Defar Says She Will Now Move Up To The Marathon She's ran one half before in 67:45. Dibaba has said she's making the same move, so their rivalry isn't over yet.
Could Be Was Epic:
LRC David Rudisha Becomes A Legend By Winning Gold With A World Record In The Greatest 800 Race In History updated David Rudisha went after in London and delivered, as he became the first person to break 1:41 in the 800. The rest of the field went after Rudisha and delivered as well as 7 of 8 runners PRed in a truly epic race where places 1-8 set new all-time best time-for-place marks. Duane Solomon and Nick Symmonds became the 2nd and 3rd Americans to break 1:43 and amazingly neither medalled.
*MB: Rudisha 1:40.91 WORLD RECORD!!
*Epstein: How low can Rudisha go in 800?
*Science Of The Sport Analyzes The Olympic 800 Final And Rudisha's Race Strategy
LRC Duane Solomon And Nick Symmonds React To Their Historic Olympic 800s That Leave Them Short Of The Medals The sub-1:43 club has two more Americans. Unbelievably both of them will leave London without medals. Nick Symmonds ran faster in the final than he thought was humanly possible for him.
*IAAF Article On Rudisha's WR 17-year-old Kenyan Timothy Kitum, who got bronze, said, "[Rudisha] told me he was going to go fast for the line. He advised me not to follow him and to go for silver. That's why (Mohammed) Aman failed. That was our plan."
*Usain Bolt & David Rudisha: Olympic Stars United In Greatness The 800 was crazy; British runner Andrew Osagie's 1:43.77 was enough to get him 4th all-time UK and would have won any of the past three Olympic finals ... but here it got him last.
*Ultimate Track Showdown: Bolt Vs. Rudisha Over 400 Both have hinted they'd be up for it. Props to whatever meet organizer makes this happen. *MB: More Dominant: Bolt or Rudisha?
LRC Column/Editorial: Sarah Attar Makes Olympic Track And Field History For Saudi Arabia In 800m, But Is It Enough? Imagine the outrage if the South African delegation made its black athletes walk behind the whites and told them to not give interviews or mingle with whites."It's time for the IOC to stop supporting sexism. Gender discrimination should be treated no differently than racial discrimination. ... How about for a start, the Saudi women come out first at the closing ceremonies? Come out before anyone else enters the stadium, that would be a step in the right direction."
400 Final: 19-Year-Old Kirani James Wins Grenada's First Olympic Gold In The 400 Luguelin Santos took silver and Lalonde Gordon bronze. Kirani James is Mr. Clutch at age 19. Incredible.
*Grenada Prime Minister Declares National Holiday To Celebrate Kirani James' 400 Win
SI: US 400m Dynasty Comes To An End
*MB: Kirani James 43.94!!!!
Usain Bolt Planning His Next 4 Years
- Recommended Read: SI'sTim Layden Catches Up With Usain Bolt In New York On His Plans Moving Forward; He Would Like To Try LJ But His Coach And Agent Rather He Didn't Due To The High Injury Rate Some great quotes from Bolt on future plans, Tyson Gay, Carl Lewis, and even admitting to "panicking" after he lost to Blake at the Jamaican Trials.
- ESPN Q&A: Talking Business/Sponsorship With Usain Bolt
More Doping News In Running & Cycling
- Jamaican 400 Sprinter Dominique Blake Tested Positive And Faces The Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Committee She was in the 4x4 relay pool, but thankfully for the team that ended up with a bronze medal, she was never chosen to compete.
- Don't Have Time To Read USADA's 1000 Page Report On Lance Armstrong? Watch ABC's Special Titled "The World According to Lance" Watch the 45 minute special at this link or tonight on ABC.
- Crazy: Despite All The Evidence Against Lance Armstrong, Some Still Believe In His Innocence
- CyclistChristian Vande Velde Was Among The 11 Former Lance Armstrong Teammates
Who Admitted To Doping Under Oath And Will Only Receive A 6 Month Ban He received a ban of six months instead of 2 years because he cooperated with the investigation.
- NY Times: Pro Cyclist Michael Barry Says Cycling Might Be Cleaner, But Still Needs To Be Restructured
Usain Bolt Makes SNL Cameo During Vice Pres. Debate Skit *Article
Manhattan HS Invite *DyeStat Results, Photos, Highlights
- Recommended Read: Marc Bloom Writes A Tribute To Van Cortlandt Park In The NY Times; You Haven't Raced Cross-Country Until You've Ran VCP Bloom: "... Marty Liquori ... once said that road racing was like rock 'n' roll, but that track racing was more like a Carnegie Hall symphony. When I recently spoke with Liquori, an accomplished guitarist, he suggested that cross-country at Van Cortlandt was like jazz: unpredictable, always changing, demanding adaptability and quick decisions."
- Manhattan HS Invitational: CBA NJ Boys Win With A Record Fastest Team Average; FM Girls Upset By Tatnall Edward Cheserek and Mary Cain had the fastest times of the day.
*MB: FM GOES DOWN FM GOES DOWN!!!!! *How old IS Cheserek?
Before Cam Levins Was "Cam MF Levins," He Competed At World XC Champs; That's Where He Got His Start "You see times posted, and you can watch videos, but it's not really the same until you actually go and race with athletes. [World Cross] showed me how good the world really is, and that it was possible to become that good."
French Steeplechaser Mahiedine Mekhissi-Benabbad Has Two Olympic Silver Medals, But Won't Be Satisfied Until He Wins Gold On taking time off from competing to recharge after London, his agent said, "To be effective, you have to become someone else. You need to be full of rage."
- ESPN Radio's The Runaround Talks About The Richmond Men's Track Team And Coach On Their Program Being Cut Conversation starts at 21:38 into the video.
Lopez Lomong's Brothers Alexa & Peter Are Running For A US High School In Virginia Alex ran 2:01 as an 8th grader and Peter ran 4:46 in middle school and now has a 4:35 PR.
Excellent Professionally-Produced New Show: NYRR On The Run: Episode #2 With Meb Keflezighi (And Some Cross Training From Tegenkamp)
- Ridiculous: Iowa High School Says Forcing Athletes To Run As Punishment Is Too Harsh One district believes that a coach who makes an athlete run at practice could be "guilty of inflicting corporal punishment on the student."
- Injured? Article Looks At Pro Baseball Players To Explain Why You Should Or Shouldn't Get A Cortisone Shot The article emphasizes that they will mask the pain of an injury, but not heal it and shouldn't be overused.
Is There Something About Faith & Successful Distance Runners?
$200,000 On Line At Sunday's BAA Half Marathon
LRC Drama Galore Expected At Sunday's BAA Half Marathon - Who Will Walk Away With $100,000? Kim Smith looks poised to win the women's title, but can Sam Chelanga
hold on to his men's lead? The men's race is really tight as four guys are within 5 seconds of each other.
*Confident Kim Smith Has Eye On $100,000 Prize
The NYC Marathon Returns To Live Television
ESPN Going All Out On Coverage Of ING NYC Marathon It's a fact sporting events of signifcance are shown on live national TV (or tape delay prime time in case of the Olympics). The ING NYC Marathon is back on ESPN2 this year and ESPN2 is going all out on its coverage announcing today that Sports Center anchors John Anderson and Hannah Storm will lead the broadcast. With the way ESPN works, this also means you'll likely see some pre-race and post-race coverage. Tim Hutchings and others on the broadcast as well. Unfortunately no Toni Reavis.
LetsRun.com T-Shirts Hit The
LRC High School Team Dominates In LetsRun.com T-Shirts If you're going to run fast, you should also look good doing it. That's what the Blue Valley Northwest XC team did in Topeka, Kansas as they sported their new LRC T-Shirts and swept four of the top 10 places last
With Wejo no longer competing, maybe we should sponsor them.
LetsRun.com T-Shirts Are Here Labor Day Special, 4 Different Shirts $50
LRC The Wait Is Over: Buy Your LetsRun.com Shirts Today The Empire State Building was built in 2 years, the US put a man on the moon in 8 years, and 12 years later the LetsRun.com T-Shirts are here. 4 designs coming from you. We've got a Labor Day Special: All 4 shirts, $50 with free shipping.
Brussels Diamond League Photos: Aries Merritt 12.80 And More
LRC Guest Columnist: Lactic Acid - Is It All That Bad?
LRC From Time Magazine To NBC Commentators: Why is everyone still so confused about lactate (and exercise physiology)? LRC guest scientific contributor, PhD Matthew Goodwin, takes a look at some common exercise physiology misconceptions. His #1 target: The idea that lactic acid causes muscle soreness.
Nick Symmonds' Beer Mile AR
Saturday Photo Gallery: Usain And Mo
Day 7 Olympic Photo Gallery: Rudisha And Bolt
Day 4 Photo Gallery: King James, Felix Sanchez, Jenn Suhr, Women's Steeple
Day 3 Photo Gallery: Men's 100, Men's Steeple, Women's 400, More
Women's Olympic Marathon Photo Gallery
Day 2 Photo Gallery: Olympic 10,000m Final Photo Gallery
Help Out A LRCer Who Has Terminal Cancer: Help Cancer Guy
A Legend Passes Too Young
LRC Eight-Time US Cross-Country Champion Pat Porter Dies In Plane Crash Updated: We've added a great photo of Porter with 3-time World XC Champ Lynn Jennings.
*Authorities: "There are no indications as to what may have caused this accident." Porter and his 15-year-old son and a neighbohood friend have perished.