Distance News / Road Results
Asbel Kiprop’s 4-Year Doping Ban Upheld By Athletics Integrity Unit
*Asbel Kiprop: “I’m innocent.” “It’s sad that the world will believe that I am guilty of taking the performance-enhancing drugs and yet I have been at the forefront of fighting doping in the sport.”
*Daily Nation: Why Asbel Kiprop’s Multi-Pronged Doping Defence Failed
*Capital Sports: Kiprop Insists On Innocence Despite Ban
*MB: Kenyan doper Asbel Kiprop (1500m), banned for 4 years by AIU due to convincingly made out case, can still appeal to CAS
Crescent City Classic 8:58 Steepler Celliphine Chespol Wins Women’s 10k Title In First-Ever 10k In 31:40
*7:58 Steepler Jairus Birech Wins Men’s Crescent City Classic 10k Title In 27:52
*Kevin Castille (30:52) And Jen Rhines (35:34) Win Masters Titles
*MB: CELLIPHINE CHESPOL: her potential at 17 yrs old, greater than Kenenisa Bekele –
*MB: Parker Stinson goes for broke but still ends up top American He ran 29:10 the hard way – 14:04 – 15:06.
- Uganda’s Jackson Kiprop (2:10:39) And Ethiopia’s Meskerem Hunde (2:33:32) Win Nagano Marathon In Japan Kiprop beat out Derese Geleta by just -seconds.
- International Road Recap By IAAF: 59:56 And 68:04 Half Marathons In China Lead The Way (link fixed)
- MB: Tirunesh Dibaba Is OUT Of The 2019 London Marathon As She’s Pregnant With Child #2
- 3-Time Comrades Champ Bongmusa Mthembu Comes From Behind To Win Two Oceans As Gerda Steyn Repeats As Women’s Champ It was close at the finish as the article says Mthembu only passed Sintayehu Legese 4km from the finish and Legese ended up 4th. *Top 4 Results
*MB: Zach Ornelas Two Oceans 56k, 3:19, 9th overall The MB poster says he’s the 1st American ever in the top 10.
*Male Runner, 35, Dies During Two Oceans Half Marathon
- USATF 1 Mile Road Championships Is Tuesday In Iowa – Masters, Lipari Eye Repeat But They’ll Have Plenty Of Competition Kyle Merber, Lawi Lalang, Nikki Hiltz, Shannon Osika, etc.
- Kate Avery’s Comeback From Injury Is Going Well, But She’s Not Quite Back To Training Like She Used To