Quote Of The Day
“‘Why would one of America’s top 1,500m runners decide to have a baby leading into arguably the biggest year in a track athlete’s career, an Olympic year?’ Well, the answer is actually quite simple. I didn’t. … As athletes we often like to believe we are in control and the one calling all the shots. However, sometimes life has bigger challenges and blessings in store for us. God humbly reminded me that He has plans for my life … and they are good plans. I have been blessed to be called a friend, daughter, sister, wife, athlete and now I will have the privilege of being called mom.”
– US 1,500 runner Sarah Brown talking about how she accidentally got pregnant in an Olympic year despite using 99% effective birth control. Even though she’ll give birth only 3 months before the Trials, she still plans to be on the start line to try to make the squad for Rio 2016.
- Is Yahoo dead?
- Sarah (Bowman) Brown Pregnant - Baby due March 2016
- Anyone read Alberto Salazar’s Guide to Road Racing?
- What makes a good hill runner?
- Could Webb trials Marathon????
- I was recently arrested for using a fake ID to buy alcohol in DC, should I pay for an attorney
- Why am I not improving? (High mileage summer, no improvement)
- Athletics West Coach Dick Brown (Admitted to AW Athletes Being on Steroids but) told Suzy Favor she didn't need to dope