Quote Of The Day
“It’s all about being aware how far you actually are in the race. It’s really easy to see the finish line and think that you’re right there and start kicking really early, but just paying attention to those [quarter] mile markers and feeling it out for yourself. The primal instincts kind of come in when you don’t exactly know where you are in a race versus when you’re on a track and you’re always really aware.”
– Heather Kampf talking ahead of today’s Fifth Avenue Mile about the difference between racing on the track where every 100 meters is marked and the road where you can see the finish from a half mile out. Watch the race live today on ESPN2 at 1:00PM ET.
- Official Prediction thread for Rowbury vs Simpson at 5th Avenue Mile
- Bedan Karoki 59:14, Copenhagen Half Marathon
- New Nike commercial honoring Oregon Ducks/Animal House features Galen Rupp, Ashton Eaton at frat party
- Farah: "I released my blood values because I have nothing to hide"
- Bucknell Cross team HIT by car
- Galtin's agent rips Radcliffe, BBC
- Chicago Marathon elite field announced. Is it weak?
- Shannon flashes Jenny the "Dagger Eyes"