Quote Of The Day
“I can’t predict Galen will break the world record, but we’re not going to put all that work out there for 3:49. He might as well go for it. He might die a little going for 3:48. But we would rather go for it and fail than not go for it and just try to break the American record.”
– Alberto Salazar talking about Galen Rupp going for Hicham El Guerrouj‘s 3:48.45 indoor mile world record in two weeks. Salazar says that this is the first race of the year Rupp will be fully rested for. Bernard Lagat has the U.S. record at 3:49.89. Rupp’s mile has been pushed back a week to the same day as the famed Wanamaker Mile, but Rupp will not be attempting to break the record in the media capital of the world: MB: Date of Galen Rupp’s 1 Mile Record Attempt Moved to Same Date as Millrose.
- Los Angeles: 2016 US Olympic Trials Marathon Site Selected
- Efraimson vs Cain at Millrose - Can she keep it close?
- Alan Webb Top-10 list
- Which College XC/Track Teams Party the Hardest?
- Fastest non runner mile pr you've heard of
- So funny: Petition to deport Justin Bieber back to Canada gets 100,000+ signatures, Obama must now consider it